“Our new hotel of choice!”

Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
“Our new hotel of choice!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had stayed at the Wild Palms in the past but I had forgotten and on our recent trip to visit our daughter at Santa Clara University we booked ourselves at another location. The place was terrible and we quickly moved over to the Wild Palms. We were so happy that we did.

For the remainder of our time in Santa Clara, our stay at the Wild Palms was delightful. We were greeted by friendly and gracious staff upon arrival. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and we find them quite charming (we had two joining rooms). There is a lovely pool -- heated but still a little cold for me in February -and the hot tub which was perfect.
We also appreciate that the property is very secure, needing the room key to get into the interior courtyard and hallways.
The complimentary breakfast is amazing! Eggs, bacon or sausage, hash browns, fruit, cereal, juice, coffee, tea, it went on and on.
As I said at the beginning, I think the Wild Palms is our new hotel of choice!

• Stayed March 2014
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
WOW, thank you for awesome comments! We feel honored to be your hotel of choice. We will not let you down and thank you again for sharing your experience with us and everyone.

We look forward to you next visit.

Robin Donovan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Korean first
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 28 February 2014

It was lovely. This is my favorite location in the area to get away. Always relaxing and breakfast is great. The woman at the front desk is always pleasant. I enjoy the relaxed mood to the entire property.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your great experience at the Wild Palms. I'm so pleased the team took wonderful care of you. We hope to see you again soon.

all the best to you,

Robin Donovan
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 27 February 2014

On a business trip, after food and bed people need a decent internet connection. In silicon valley this should not even be a topic for discussion. But this particular hotel made us cry. I felt like going to office at 10PM. WiFi was pathetic. I complained. My cow-orkers complained. And even spoke to IT. But the IT was more of, "Have you tried rebooting?"
/rant
Close to number of Indian and Asian food joints. Good location. Standard breakfast. Good room. Good housekeeping. Cheerful front desk. If you are supposed to be on VPN, please do not consider this place.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on 2nd level in building 1 and 2. Ample sunlight in mornings. And you will not be bothe...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank kumarldh
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 February 2014

At check-in I mentioned that I was in town for a funeral. I also noticed a sign on the desk giving information about the person checking me in (hometown, favorite activity, etc) and it said she had two guinea pigs. I mentioned my own guinea pigs. When I returned to the room after dinner out that first night, I found a gift bag on the bed. It had a sympathy card and two guinea pig toys with a note to my pets by name. Unbelievable! The hotel is unassuming from the outside, the hallways are a little musty and the dresser is small and in the closet. But they've made the most of the room size, the bathroom looked brand new, and the bed is a lovely four-poster. The room was very clean as well. Breakfast was good and I even brought in lunch one day and ate by the pool. Silicon Valley hotels are generally very expensive or not very nice, but the Wild Palms is a reasonably-priced gem.

Room Tip: I faced the parking lot to the east. No street noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Good:
Breakfast: For $70+/night, you get a breakfast buffet almost as good as Hyatt house!
Location: Five minutes drive to lots of good Chinese restaurant
Staff: Very friendly

Bad:
We stayed in two rooms. My room, 3257, smelled stinky, and the water tap seemed broken. The other room, 3256, the AC was quite old and very noisy

Room Tip: 3257 has some traffic noise. 3256 is fine
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I spent a week at the Wild Palms while attending training in Santa Clara.

The rooms are clean and well maintained. The staff were all excellent. The shampoo and soaps in the bathroom were all very nice too. The breakfast selection was good.
Good internet access from rooms

The hotel is in a great location, just off the El Camino, close to Lawrence Expressway so its easy to get around.

There isn't a great selection of restaurants within walking distance (but that's not out of the ordinary in the south bay). There is a good collection of places to eat within a few minutes drive, and Korea Town isn't too far away if you are looking for Korean food.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second flood on the east or south side it's quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Kent, Ohio
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The staff here is incredibly friendly and warm and they make you feel as at home as you could be in a hotel. Going out of their way to make your stay a little better. The breakfast is a little more diverse than any continentals i have seen and a little variation from day to day. There is indoor and outdoor seating to choose from. A very nice pool area with small pond and plants around and while it's not five star fancy, you will be pleasantly surprised with what a little style can do to make a hotel warm and inviting.

Room Tip: Ask for something away from the road since it is along a major one. I happened to be on the side awa...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
#5 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!