“A Jewel of a hotel”

Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Aurora
“A Jewel of a hotel”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Room was very comfortable, lovely updated decor. Pillows were phenomenal! Even the convenience toiletries were high end. The pool area is gorgeous. Breakfasts were high quality and plentiful. Best of all, the staff were super friendly.

Stayed June 2014
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you so much for the positive 5 star review. We love to exceed guest expectations, and from the comments you made regarding your positive staff interactions, we hope to see you soon for another great stay. Safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This place is simply charming as they gave it a look and feel of some villa on a tropical island. I had meetings in both Sunnyvale and Palo Alto and wanted a convenient place to stay. Plus the rooms were clean and remodeled which was nice. They even offer free breakfast so I was able to grab coffee on the go.

By the way, the hotel seems more targeted to vacation travelers than business travelers. Regardless, it's a convenient place to stay if you have work around here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We are charmed that you are charmed with us!! We hope to see you back with us again soon for a relaxing and enjoyable getaway! Warm Regards!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I absolutely love this place My mini vacation spot I My kids and I never want to the first time I went with My family we were celebrating My son's 3rd birthday. They welcomed My Baby with balloons and and open arms very family friendly we love it here hoping for another visit before summer ends!

• Stayed July 2014
I am thrilled to see that you loved your stay! We always try to go above and beyond for our guests and I am happy to see that we did so on your recent stay. Come again, and come often!! Cheers!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had a hard time finding a room for a last minute business trip, so ended up at Wild Palms. The decor was nice, it was clean, and conveniently located. The breakfast was about what you'd expect, nothing good or bad either way. The only reason I would not stay here again is that the internet was painfully slow. They tell you you can get faster speeds by paying for it, but I did not find the paid service any faster. As this was a business trip, this was killer. When I checked out, they refunded what I paid for internet, but I couldn't risk another business trip there. Maybe a personal trip would be fine.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your honest feedback. We never aim to disappoint in any respect and we hope that you try us again next time you visit the Sunnyvale area. I am happy to see to it that you receive a complimentary upgrade to our premium internet package. Warm Regards.
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

While this hotel may not look like much from the street, it is fabulous! Our room was extra clean with great decor. One of the beds was right next to the AC, but didn't bother us. The breakfast buffet had fresh melon, eggs, sausage and pancakes and was perfect. All the staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful. Fantastic place at a great price!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for finding us, giving us a try and for the 5 stars. I'm so happy you enjoyed our version of paradise in Silicon Valley! I hope you have another opportunity to visit us again. I really appreciate you taking the time to post your experience.

Have a great day,

Robin Donovan

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Wild Palms has that certain je ne sais quoi. We have stayed here many times while visiting grandchildren in Sunnyvale and going to the ballet in San Jose. Truly always a fun experience and the ambiance more European with the conveniences of the good ol' USA. Know it's a favorite of many foreign tourists as well as the Silicon Valley crowd. Good restaurants nearby. Great staff to make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Inside rooms around the courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your 5 star review. I am happy to see that we exceeded your expectations and we hope to do so for years to come. Don't be a stranger!
Boston
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I just returned from a business trip to Silicon Valley and stayed here for 2 nights. Believe the pictures - this hotel is utterly charming and full of character. Yes, the exterior and the neighborhood may turn you off. But face it folks, you're in Sunnyvale and the whole city is bland and filled with strip plazas. When I checked in I was told I had been upgraded to their largest suite, which was right off the pool area. The room was huge, with a living room, kitchen, comfy king canopy bed and a spacious bathroom. Ceiling fans were a nice touch! The spotlessly clean pool was such a welcome respite after a day full of meetings - it's just the right size, and there's a nice selection of cabanas, lounge chairs and tables scattered around. The only thing I didn't love about the hotel was the breakfast, but that's easily fixed by a quick trip to Starbucks. I'm looking forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: I loved my suite on the ground floor right off the pool, but if you need more privacy you might want...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank nodice
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
I think that is a very appropriate title....Charming place in a bland neighborhood! It is so true, we can't change what is around us, but we can control what we provide. Thank you for the great comments and we too look forward to your return. Sorry the breakfast wasn't to your liking, but great fix going to Starbucks!

Have a wonderful day.

Robin Donovan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
#5 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!