“One of the best place ..feels like home”

Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Sunnyvale, California
“One of the best place ..feels like home”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Extended stay america sunnyvale is beautiful place , with very nice people at ur service Karla, CJ and mei li to name a few. People here make u feel at home. The rooms are just right with enough space and good clean facilitites. The rooms here come with a small kitchen with all the necessary utensil provided by the hotel with no extra cost, also you have a good breakfast that you can carry out every day morning with no extra cost. For me as an international travel this hotel is great as it is well connected by light rail station crossman next door and all the facilitited around the hotel like..fresh and easy (super market) , indian bazaar and dosa n biriyani, subway,falafel bar and post office all of above are walkable distances from this hotel.So if you are working near this area in any of these companies this is the best place to live and enjoy the green and peaceful surrounding and also not miss the real life behind.One thing this hotel is definely missing is a fitness center and a swimming pool. But i enjoyed my stay here.Special thanks to Karla , CJ and all the housekeeping staff:)

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the first block are the best facing the entrance are the best you can have the...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
I want to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to give our Extended Stay America located in Sunnyvale California such great remarks! I am so appreciative to our valued guests for their comments about their stay. It is with great pride we deliver outstanding service, stay after stay. It sounds like CJ, Karla and Mei Li did just that for you. I will pass on your thanks and ours for a job well done. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed our grab and go breakfast as well as our freshly appointed guest rooms. Our company prides itself on fabulous service and clean, comfortable fresh rooms all at a value that can’t be beat. We hope that you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to our area or that of any of our over 680 locations nationwide.
Thank you again! Regards the Management at Extended Stay America Sunnyvale, California.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sunnyvale
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My stay here at hotel was very good, staff at hotel was very friendly, helping, supportive. My special thanks to Karla(for troubleshooting with Amazon), C.J. (a brother always there for me) and Corally.
Housekeeping has been good,
Hotel newly introduced grab and go breakfast counter with banana, apple, oat meal, cereal bars and muffins,
Free Wifi is good i never faced issues.
However the phones in room are not speaker phones, so sometimes teleconferencing is difficult one. May be next time manager will provide if I put special request for that..
There is grocery store fresh and easy at Fair oaks. I found this place to be very safe and neutral to stay, in nut shell my stay here was pleasant.

Room Tip: All rooms are best, still 300 building are centralized one are calm. King size may be good for fami...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
We would like to extend our sincere thanks for taking a moment to give our Extended Stay America Hotel located in Sunnyvale, California a great review. We pride ourselves on providing a great value coupled with excellent service each and every stay. I am very pleased to hear that Karla and C.J provided you with that exceptional service you were expecting. We will pass your comments and thanks on to them. It seems you were able to enjoy all that we offer in our extended stay hotel from the comfortable guest room amenities to the grab and go breakfast bar in the mornings. Our company believes in comfort, cleanliness and service all for a great value. We are so glad that you found us to be just that and conveniently located to all that our area has to offer. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call should you be in our area again or if you find that you need assistance at any of our over 680 locations nationwide. With Hospitality Corally D. General Manager
Reviewed 12 October 2012

They have a wonderful staff. Coraly, the manager, is very good. CJ and Mei Li as well.

They have even begun a early morning breakfast bar!

Clean, affordable, newly renovated and quiet. I highly recommended this place.

• Stayed October 2012
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Thank you so much for your recent review of Extended Stay America- Sunnyvale, California. I have to agree with you that C.J. and Mei Li are wonderful employees. I appreciate you taking the time out to put this into a nice survey for us online for everyone to be able to see and for us to share with our team. We strive to provide great guest service and clean, comfortable rooms all at an exceptional value. We hope that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you to our area or that of any of our over 680 locations nationwide. Once again our sincerest thanks!
With Hospitality the Management and Staff.
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 14 September 2012

The room was very clean, no bad smells. I was delighted to discover that this hotel is in easy walking distance of a medium size modern clean grocery store, Fresh and Easy, just walk over the bridge to get across the freeway behind the hotel, and go a couple blocks down on the left. Very convenient for an extended stay when I had no car. There are almost no nearby restaurants, which makes that grocery store all the more important. Funny, when the desk guy handed me a list of nearby grocery stores, that one was not on the list. All the stores they listed are much farther away and would require riding public transportation. The free grab and go breakfast is Otis Spunkmeyer cake-like muffins, oatmeal, and granola bars. And coffee. No milk or tea. I've been very happy. Four stars though because mosquitoes keep getting in my room in mid September.

Room Tip: Bring your own egg crate mattress pads rolled up in your luggage if you need a soft bed.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
We would like to express our thanks to you for taking the time to publish a positive review of your stay at our hotel. I apologize that you found our beds not as soft as you are used to; however, I am pleased to hear that your time with us was enjoyable over all. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice

Reviewed 8 August 2012

This hotel is located in an office park area, nice and quiet. There are no stores within walking distance. It would be convenient for people who go to work in the nearby office buildings, but not convenient for us. Not like other Extended Stay that I have used before, this hotel has several buildings. Because of this, the Wi-Fi signal was extremely poor, it would take a long time to access a web page. People at the front desk were very nice. I was warmly greeted by Mei Yi when I checked in; she was very efficient even though it was her first day there. Stephanie was also very nice and helpful, she gave me a lot of information about local dinning, shopping, etc. The housekeeping service was not good though. We were not given enough utensils, and there was no blanket for the sofa bed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff, especially Stephanie and Mei Yi. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s General Manager, I can assure you that we take each guest's requests and concerns very seriously and do what we can to make the changes necessary so that our guests do not have a negative experience at any of our locations. I am deeply sorry that we did not have the correct kitchen utensils provided or the extra blanket needed for the sofa sleeper. We will definitely be talking with our housekeeping staff to ensure this type of issue is not repeated in the future.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Booked this hotel through priceline. Surprisingly was very good. Re-modeled clean rooms.
kitchenette and fridge available.

Nearby metro access about half a mile. Lot of Indian Restaurants within 5 minutes driving distance.

Togo complimentary breakfast provided.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank vibasha
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. The staff and I are very proud of our recent renovated hotel and we are so glad that you were able to enjoy what we had to offer.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on us for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This place is a hidden gem perfect for the long-term visitor to San Jose or Silicon Valley. Less than half the price of the equivalent in San Francisco (Hotwire @ $50/night) it's worth stomaching the 40 mile (~70min) drive to SF if you need to. The rooms are newly renovated and include a kitchenette with a fridge, sink and stove-top. New LCD TVs and a laundryroom with vending machines. I hear there is grab-n-go breakfast but I skipped it each time. There's a grocery store nearby called "Fresh and Easy Neighbourhood Market" which I highly recommend. The location is safe, quiet, has ample parking and is right off the highway.

Room Tip: Looks like any room is good, place is in excellent condition!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank w999
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

We are very proud of our newly renovated rooms at all our locations & we are so glad to hear you found a "gem" in Sunnyvale! As General Manager I assure you we take great pride in making sure all our guests have the same type of experience that you did.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Quality Inn Santa Clara Convention Center
#23 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#25 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!