“It's just like a cleaner, nicer version of holiday inn.”

Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Taipei, Taiwan
“It's just like a cleaner, nicer version of holiday inn.”
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Dont expect too much, and definitely need a car if u want to stay here.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Chiaowers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sannyvale
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I heard that Larkspur is very good hotel from other our colleagues. Therefore I asked to our HR specialist to do reservation just in this hotel. And what I have seen match to what I heard. All personnel is very friendly and ready to do out sating pleasant. If I more chance to come here I will prefer Larkspur.

Room Tip: I think that the room that are looking to front of building are better.
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 August 2011

The room was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable, too. Staff was great. They treated us great and were very helpful. Best thing...Left an iphone charger behind. They found it and shipped to me very quickly!

Yerevan
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I have been in business trip in Sunnyvale from June to August 2011 and stay in Larkspur hotel during trip. I can say that absolutely satisfied with this hotel, which give me opportunity to really enjoy my stay time.This hotel have everything to be chosen by you, including free breakfast, excellent service, indoor exercise room and spa, very pleasant and good stuff, both for cleaning and reception. In summary I can totally advice to choose this hotel if you are going to stay somewhere in this area.

Room Tip: Rooms are very confortable
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I have stayed at this hotel over the last year when working on an assignment. Great hotel rooms with very courteous staff very sensitive to your needs. All the staff go the extra mile to show that they appreciate your stay and your business. Great rooms with a good bed and a flat screen TV. Very close to the freeways. They have a decent breakfast to get you started in the mornings.

The only thing which would make it even better is hot breakfast.

Cheers,
HC

Castro Valley, California
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My work colleague was visiting overseas from August 3-11 2011 from Singapore for work at our Silicon Valley headquarters. On Sunday afternoon she left for a nice day to catch up with her sister in the Bay Area. On Monday morning getting ready for work she went to grab her watch, from her vanity to find it missing. Now let me tell you something about this young woman she is both meticulous and planned, the watch wasn’t worn on a Sunday not needed, but should have been right where she left it, where she leaves it every day. Unfortunately her watch was a limited edition special watch with a fun story between her and her husband, having it stolen was first a violation of personal safety as a guest in the this hotel and also a sad memory taken from her and her husband. She informed the hotel and they did nothing, she told us at work, I asked if I can come and try to help. I accompanied her to the hotel the Monday night to ask about the status of the watch. The hotel staff seemed to not care and then finally rustled up a post it note that says lost watch in room, trust me the watch was not lost in her room ...did I mention my colleague is meticulous? I then shared the watch is not lost it has been taken, the woman (Tamara) said basically it can’t be as she has worked there for four years. She did at least take a more detailed statement, the next comments were really about my friend having responsibility to check in the next day with Sandi (front office supervisor) and hopefully Sandy the manager would be around. Then they would also let Sanjeev the Ops. Manager know. I asked if they could please respect my colleague and keep her informed of the investigation throughout the day as she is worried and putting the ownership on her to check in wasn’t really appropriate for a guest to have to do. Tuesday she received one email communication and I received one sad phone call, both from Sanjeev that again makes it sound as if my colleague has lost her own watch in her room. Never a sorry, never a recognition that this is a tough time....NO accountability... I get they don’t want to be “responsible” but could they at least be sympathetic? Wednesday night we went back and filed a police report, when I approached Sandi to call the police she said I had to talk to a manager about the issue...she is a supervisor but apparently could care less and couldn’t be bothered...I guess supervisors don’t count as leaders anymore. We filed a police report so at least my colleague could file an insurance claim. The hotel has a policy that items are at your own risk and you should use the safe...did I mention the rooms HAVE no safes? Doesn’t that make that little statement null? My colleague checked out and no one ever, EVER acknowledged what she had gone through, no one ever cared.

From the company website, “...success is based on providing genuine and caring hospitality... designed to meet the needs of our guests. High guest satisfaction drives demand for our hotels and is our foundation. Larkspur Hotels & Restaurant’s "guest-centric" culture differentiates us from other hotel companies and is at the core of who we are...We treat each other with mutual respect in a team environment of trust and accountability... Our ability to excel is a function of the attitudes, behaviors and relationship skills of our team members.... share our core values and beliefs....communicating openly, respecting other people, understanding others' ideas and points of view, teamwork, improving continuously, closure, trust, accountability, follow-through, hard work, desire to be a contributing part of the winning team, fairness and genuine care for the success of others... company leaders reflect, model and are mentors of our culture ... team is consistent and aligned in our values and beliefs.... This is our... Culture, which drives our continued success...and makes us a great company.”

As one who facilitates leadership development for a living I completely agree leadership drives the culture of a team, the behaviors I saw demonstrated were not in alignment with the company objectives. I observed a lack of the following: accountability, respect, trust, communication and never saw anything close to a winning team. Instead I viewed a team that was hostile, did not own their role or take any responsibility, rather they blamed others or their guest and worse of all they created a hostile and unsafe environment.

Having an item stolen is, while sentimental, ultimately a THING, but the feeling of violation and safety taken away is one of emotional scaring, to have something stolen and then to be treated poorly in the process is absolutely appalling and dehumanizing.

Please do not give them your hard earned money and risk having this type of experience. You and my colleague deserve better.

5 Thank ElizabethB510
bhutchison, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
Thanks for taking the time to share your impression of your business associates visit to our hotel. Let me begin by apologizing if we failed to handle the situation with the empathy and efficient follow through that this unfortunate circumstance deserved. I have reviewed your comments with the entire front office staff, including supervisors and managers, on how to better handle issues of this nature in the future.

With regards to the missing watch; we have done an integrity check on the door lock and interviewed the room attendant that serviced the suite and have not found anything out of the ordinary in our investigation. We are truly sorry that the watch is missing. The attendant for this room has been part of our team here for over 10 years with an excellent service record. We will continue to keep a vigilant eye open for the watch and contact its owner immediately if anything turns up.

Thank you again for the feedback and please accept our sincere apology. If you or your associate would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me, the General Manager at bhutchison@larkspurhotels.com and I will do whatever I can to assist you.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I won't spend a lot of time describing my experience here. Staff (a lady) at the front desk was rude and not even looking at me when I checked in. First thing she asked was my last name. What about welcoming your guess with something like... "Hello sir and welcome..." Anyway I came down to the lobby at 10 pm to print my boarding pass and asked her the password for the computer. Again not even a look. This is not acceptable!!
Finally the computer in the business center was probably 10-11 year old and as slow as one can imagine. Funny since we are in the Silicon Valley. First time at Larkspur and definitely last time.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere unless you are forced to stay here
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Rytonn
bhutchison, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 22 June 2011
Dear Rytonn,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I must say, I am disappointed to read about your experience. This is not at all indicative of the level of service we pride ourselves in delivering. Your feedback has been shared with the team and will be used as part of our continuous improvement process. Please accept my sincere apologies for the obvious inconveniences caused. I hope that you will reach out to me directly should your travels return you to Sunnyvale and give us another opportunity to provide the service you should expect.