“A Fantastic Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“A Fantastic Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have to admit that I had not previously heard of the Larkspur Landing chain, but on finding a good rate for a weekend stay in June, and seeing the good reviews, I decided to give them a go, and was extremely impressed.

Right from the start, the check-in process was extremely friendly and efficient. The room was larger than I expected, and contained a true full kitchen, very handy, especially for people making a long stay here. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept better here than at any other hotel on my trip. A proper desk with plenty of power outlets, a comfy chair, and a good-sized bathroom were also all plus points. The air conditioning worked well and was quieter than many, with a wall-mounted thermostat allowing very precise temperature control.

The wifi offered three speeds, the slowest (1 megabit) for free, with two faster options being available at a charge. I expected this to mean that the free wifi would be pretty useless, but in fact it was extremely fast, far over the promised speed, and would be very suitable for video conferencing or other business work.

The only downside I can think of is that the room I was in, 101, was near to two fire doors leading to the stairwell and a side exit. While convenient for parking, as I could park right outside the room, these doors had no damping so whenever anyone used them, they slammed closed with a noise and force that shook the room. Fortunately nobody used these doors overnight, but if they had, it would certainly wake all but the deepest sleeper. Other than that, the room was extremely quiet.

While I'd not heard of this hotel before staying, it will be top of my list next time I'm returning to the area!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Alexis B
bhutchison, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback! It is always great to hear when our guests are able to enjoy the many amenities provided as well as our helpful and friendly front desk staff. I will be sure to share, with our staff, the pleasant impressions they left with you.
Thank you again for your time and for your business! We hope to see you again during your next visit to Sunnyvale.

Brian Hutchison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Anchorage, AK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

First off, don't stay in room 155. It's next door to the exercise room which has hours from 5 a.m.-11 p.m. Be assured, there are people who get on the treadmill (right near your head) at 5:01 and others who stay on till 11. Okay if you only like 6 hours sleep.... When I complained to the hotel, they gave me a discount. I was still peeved, but when I left my pillow in the room, they mailed it back to me at home. So, they ended up making me happy! The staff directed us to Murphy Avenue for dinner, and that was a big success. There's a full kitchen, which may explain why breakfast is pretty pathetic (nothing hot, sugary cereals).

Room Tip: Not room 155 (although they did say they would look at changing the furniture arrangement so the tre...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CloudyinAlaska
Points taken and heard! Thanks so much for your feedback, it really does help us to understand where we need to focus our continuous improvement efforts. Regarding our breakfast, we are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your suggestion to add to our offerings. We do currently provide hot menu items three days each week and will certainly look into adding additional days to our menu. I am happy to hear that our front desk staff did their best to make up for the inconvience of the noise from the fitness center along with getting your lost belongings back to you in such a timely manner.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here 2x before and I was reminded again why I chose to skip them the last 3 years I visit Sunnyvale / bay area. I stayed for 3 nights during a business visit and had to choose this place as my work group was booked here. Here is the summary of my trip:

Pros:
- Room is of good size, suite type so you can cook (for long stays)
- Clean as always, great size bed (was really nice & comfy)
- Room rate is reasonable
- LOCATION, this seems to be the only biggest draw of this hotel (near restaurants, freeway & 10 mins walk to the nearest Target)

Cons:
- No universal adapter in the room (asked reception if they have one that they can loan but was suggested to buy from the nearest Fry's / Target)
- Pillows, they were small, not sure why they seem to be half the size of regular pillows
- Breakfast, basic is not even the right word to describe it (skipped it 2x)

Overall, I will not stay again (unless required for work) given that for the same rate I can get better & more modern rooms from hotels nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul O
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay here at the Larkspur Landing in Sunnyvale. First, let me offer my apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. Secondly, I wanted to let you know that I am working to address the areas of dissatisfaction that you experienced. We are currently placing an order for universal adaptors to be availble, as needed for our international traveler. Regarding our breakfast, we are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your suggestion to add more hot items to our menu. We do currently provide hot menu items three days each week and will certainly look into adding additional days to our menu.

Thanks again for helping us to improve our product.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Larkspur in Sunnyvale is walking distance from my corporate headquarters, but so are 7 other hotels. The Larkspur is the shining gem in the grouping. They have a wonderful and very accommodating staff, the rooms are all suites with kitchenettes, they have a complementary breakfast, a nice lounge and functional gym. It has been a sad day when I have traveled to town and they were sold out - but it happens often with all the growth and construction in the area. Well worth it when you are lucky enough to get a room!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kelley P
bhutchison, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you so much Kelly, for your wonderful review of our property. It's great to hear that we are you top choice when visiting the Sunnyvale area and that you are able to enjoy so many of our amenities. I will be sure to share, with our front desk staff, the positive impressions they have left with you through each visit.

Thank you for staying such a loyal and valued guest of the Larkspur Hotels.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Nice little place to stay. Nothing fancy but clean and welcoming. All of the staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and it was quite. It is in a nice location making it easy to get around.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom W
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback from your recent stay here at the Larkspur Landing Hotel in Sunnyvale. It is always helpful to hear first hand from our guests, how much they were able to enjoy their stay.

Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is nicely located hotel. I prefer staying here when on business. Proximity to Sunnyvale downtown and Route 1 is good. They do have decent breakfast included. Spacious rooms with kitchen facilities.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
bhutchison, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback from your recent stay here at the Larkspur Landing Hotel in Sunnyvale. It is always helpful to hear, first hand from our guests, how much they were able to enjoy their stay.

Nevada City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

A friend and I booked a room here to be able to enjoy a band concert in Sunnyvale. We were upgraded to a suite with kitchen, dining and living rooms! Oh so nice! Great place to be able to sit, relax and visit with friends. The staff was most accomodating, as well. Even thought the free shuttle service is not operating on weekends, they had no trouble finding a way to get us where we needed to be and they were most gracious about it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
bhutchison, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 28 April 2014