“excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersSilver level
“excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Room was clean and very comfortable, and they hand out cookies at the end of the day! shower was awesome too, hotel is close to San Jose airport, although my trip was for business, the hotel had a mix of customers, and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bhutchison, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback from your recent stay here at the Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale. It is always helpful to hear first hand from our guests, how much they were able to enjoy their stay.
Thank you again for your time and for your business! We hope to see you again during your next visit to Sunnyvale.

Brian Hutchison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was my first stay at any Larkspur Landing hotel, and I must say that I was pretty impressed. This property has a great location close to major freeways, has a bunch of eating places nearby, and has nice suites for reasonable prices. We stayed at a one-bedroom suite that included a separate living room - and while the bedroom seemed a little less spacious to me, the living room was pretty spacious. The compact kitchen had all the essential stuff, and the bathroom was pretty decent as well. The one thing I think they should have more of is trash cans - they should have one in the bedroom as well as in the common sitting areas along the corridors.

I liked the nice touch of fresh baked cookies at the front desk in the afternoons. The complimentary breakfast was reasonably good as well - although they ran out of the hot stuff more than an hour before the end of the breakfast time on all three days that we stayed at the hotel. The free wifi worked pretty well, and the hotel staff was cordial.

Overall I think this is a nice place to stay for both business and leisure travelers, and I will certainly consider staying here again (and check out other Larkspur Landing hotels) if I happen to be in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bhutchison, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback from your recent stay at the Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale. It is always great to hear, first hand from our guests, how much they were able to enjoy all of the wonderful amenities offered.
We appreciate you time and for your business! We hope to see you again during your next visit to Sunnyvale.

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I stayed 8 days on the forth floor of this pleasant home-away-from-home hotel in Silicon Valley. We booked it because no other hotel with kitchenettes in Mountain View or Sunnyvale was available from the 8th to the 16th of July, 2014. We were ten minutes from our daughter´s apartment and, from this convenient location, toured the west and east San Francisco Bay Area towns to see if we would want to retire in this part of California. For us, it was the perfect place to stay.
Our daughter previously went to check out the hotel for us. Angélica at the front desk offered immediately to show her a room. Knowing how picky and critical I am of hotel accommodations and cleanliness, she assured me we were going to have no complaints and booked it on the spot. She was right!
Every one of the ladies at the reception are willing to satisfy your every request with a smile. We asked about a nearby supermarket at 8 pm the day we arrived. Armida would not hear of us walking to Lucky´s, just three blocks away. She handed us complimentary green cloth bags and drove us there in one of the hotel´s vans. An hour later, she dropped us back at the hotel and went home way passed her work schedule.
The room was spacious and lacked nothing. We asked for firmer pillows and we got memory ones within 20 minutes. We enjoyed an electric stove plus a microwave, large refrigerator (wish something could be done for it to run quietly), cutting board and pitcher were there, and all the needed kitchen utensils. Nice quiet AC we could regulate as we liked, but we usually slept with our windows open. Guests can wash and dry their clothes for free in an excellent first floor laundry room. We used the well equipped business center to print documents and boarding passes and staff efficiently faxed a contract we had signed for a sale of a house back East. Just perfect!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your feedback! It is always great to hear when our guests are able to enjoy the many amenities provided as well as our helpful and friendly front desk staff. I will be sure to share, with our staff, the pleasant impressions they left with you.

Rockledge, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night but this place is perfect for a longer vacay with a full size kitchen! Nice bed and shower. Free wifi and breakfast always a plus. Right off the highway and easy to get to from SFO airport. Much cheaper than staying in Frisco for the night and got us closer to our next destination, Santa Cruz.

Stayed July 2014
bhutchison, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback from your recent stay here at the Larkspur Landing Hotel in Sunnyvale. It is always helpful to hear first hand from our guests, how much they were able to enjoy their stay.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have to admit that I had not previously heard of the Larkspur Landing chain, but on finding a good rate for a weekend stay in June, and seeing the good reviews, I decided to give them a go, and was extremely impressed.

Right from the start, the check-in process was extremely friendly and efficient. The room was larger than I expected, and contained a true full kitchen, very handy, especially for people making a long stay here. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept better here than at any other hotel on my trip. A proper desk with plenty of power outlets, a comfy chair, and a good-sized bathroom were also all plus points. The air conditioning worked well and was quieter than many, with a wall-mounted thermostat allowing very precise temperature control.

The wifi offered three speeds, the slowest (1 megabit) for free, with two faster options being available at a charge. I expected this to mean that the free wifi would be pretty useless, but in fact it was extremely fast, far over the promised speed, and would be very suitable for video conferencing or other business work.

The only downside I can think of is that the room I was in, 101, was near to two fire doors leading to the stairwell and a side exit. While convenient for parking, as I could park right outside the room, these doors had no damping so whenever anyone used them, they slammed closed with a noise and force that shook the room. Fortunately nobody used these doors overnight, but if they had, it would certainly wake all but the deepest sleeper. Other than that, the room was extremely quiet.

While I'd not heard of this hotel before staying, it will be top of my list next time I'm returning to the area!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Alexis B
bhutchison, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 30 July 2014

Anchorage, AK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

First off, don't stay in room 155. It's next door to the exercise room which has hours from 5 a.m.-11 p.m. Be assured, there are people who get on the treadmill (right near your head) at 5:01 and others who stay on till 11. Okay if you only like 6 hours sleep.... When I complained to the hotel, they gave me a discount. I was still peeved, but when I left my pillow in the room, they mailed it back to me at home. So, they ended up making me happy! The staff directed us to Murphy Avenue for dinner, and that was a big success. There's a full kitchen, which may explain why breakfast is pretty pathetic (nothing hot, sugary cereals).

Room Tip: Not room 155 (although they did say they would look at changing the furniture arrangement so the tre...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank CloudyinAlaska
Points taken and heard! Thanks so much for your feedback, it really does help us to understand where we need to focus our continuous improvement efforts. Regarding our breakfast, we are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your suggestion to add to our offerings. We do currently provide hot menu items three days each week and will certainly look into adding additional days to our menu. I am happy to hear that our front desk staff did their best to make up for the inconvience of the noise from the fitness center along with getting your lost belongings back to you in such a timely manner.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here 2x before and I was reminded again why I chose to skip them the last 3 years I visit Sunnyvale / bay area. I stayed for 3 nights during a business visit and had to choose this place as my work group was booked here. Here is the summary of my trip:

Pros:
- Room is of good size, suite type so you can cook (for long stays)
- Clean as always, great size bed (was really nice & comfy)
- Room rate is reasonable
- LOCATION, this seems to be the only biggest draw of this hotel (near restaurants, freeway & 10 mins walk to the nearest Target)

Cons:
- No universal adapter in the room (asked reception if they have one that they can loan but was suggested to buy from the nearest Fry's / Target)
- Pillows, they were small, not sure why they seem to be half the size of regular pillows
- Breakfast, basic is not even the right word to describe it (skipped it 2x)

Overall, I will not stay again (unless required for work) given that for the same rate I can get better & more modern rooms from hotels nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Paul O
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay here at the Larkspur Landing in Sunnyvale. First, let me offer my apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. Secondly, I wanted to let you know that I am working to address the areas of dissatisfaction that you experienced. We are currently placing an order for universal adaptors to be availble, as needed for our international traveler. Regarding our breakfast, we are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your suggestion to add more hot items to our menu. We do currently provide hot menu items three days each week and will certainly look into adding additional days to our menu.

Thanks again for helping us to improve our product.