“Good suites”

Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 December 2009

I went to stay in there for couple of days at the Larkspur Landing on my business trip to Santa Clara. It was a nice experience staying there with the swimming pool facing room. Nice view from my suite. It is a very nice play to stay at.
Though the complementary breakfast is not of that great taste and variety. I did not get much for my Indian tongue.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 November 2009

I always really enjoy my stay at the Larkspur, from the time I go through the door until I leave. The team are extremely friendly and pleasant, go out of their way to be helpful. The bed is beautifully comfortable and the room convenient and practical. Cleanliness is always excellent - frankly I never stay anywhere else in the area.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We stayed at the Larkspur Landing Hotel in Sunnyvale. This was our 'base' for visiting various locations through the San Francisco Bay Area. It's location is excellent with everything in driving distance. The room was both well furnished and very clean and the bed was possibly the most comfortable bed away from home! (It was also HUGE)

The staff cannot do enough for you and made our stay more enjoyable as well as saving us financially with coupons and hints and tips when visiting local attractions.

The complimentary breakfast was lovely and the breakfast server is one of the most pleasant ladies we have ever met. It was wonderful start to each day.

Our only concerns to other families would be the lack of pool, although there is a spa it's very warm and just no where near as much fun as a pool. We were aware of this when we booked and didn't feel it would be a problem for our family, which is wasn't and our room never had a kettle. There is a coffee machine and enough other equipment in the little kitchen area to get by but a kettle would have been handy.

The friendliness and cleanliness of this hotel is definately first class and we would have no hesitation in re-booking at Sunnyvale Larkspur or trying another in a different location.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2009

I stayed in an Executive Suit on the 3rd floor for 6 nights during Jul 2009.

The good:
Spacious room, large bath, comfortable work area, big LCD TVs in both living room and bedroom, large comfortable bed, enough room to store clothes, equipped kitchen.
Convenient location.
Feels safe.

The bad:
Room was not thoroughly cleaned on two occasions.
Room had bad smell for most of the stay.
Shower water pressure very poor.
Slow internet.
Air conditioner noisy. Bedroom has no dedicated air conditioning and instead a vent interconnects the rooms.
No safe in the room.
Staff's followup on issues reported was poor.
Breakfast is very minimal. No hot items.

The overall impression is that the hotel has good facilities and a lot of potential but is not run professionally.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank ronenbar
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I travel regularly to the Sunnyvale area for a few days at a time and I need a place that is clean, comfortable, allows me to get my work done and where I feel welcome. This was my first stay at Larkspur Landing and I think I've found a new home while I'm in the bay area.

The staff was excellent. From the reservation, to the registration, the morning staff, to checkout - everyone was pleasant and genuinely interested that my needs were taken care of. They seem to understand the working business traveler's needs and are happy to serve.

The room was well designed for someone who has work to do - internet access, good lighting, a real work surface and comfortable furniture. I didn't use the kitchen but it was nice to know I could and I'll make use of it in future trips. Even little things like a pitcher to hold cold water in the refrigerator were provided. Had I stayed longer I would have laid in some snack items. A small kitchen is so much better than a "microwave/coffee maker on the sink" arrangement.

Great staff, comfortable bed, good sized shower/bathroom and just what I needed for a working trip to the valley.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2009

I have stayed at this hotel now for a couple of times and the stay has been just perfect.
The rooms are well equipped with a plush double bed, a computer desk and a very functional kitchen and free internet service (wired/wireless) as well.
For fitness freaks its got a well equipped gym. The breakfast provided has a good choice including fruits, energy drinks, choice of bakery products and lots of different kinds of cereals. Coffee/Tea at all times is a great thing to have. You don't have to run around to get a cup and it comes part of the package.
To improve the service for about 3 hours in the morning and evening they have also introduced shuttle service which can be booked in advance for a free ride anywhere with in 5 mile radius.
The staff is very friendly and they have been there for a long time. so whenever you return you find familiar faces which gives a good feeling.
If you are there for a couple of weeks stay, you don't have to look further.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2009

Larkspur landing is good for people travelling on business to companies based out of Sunnyvale. Its location on Mathilda Ave make it convenient to get to the office or the downtown area.

Rooms are sufficient for the business traveller, with wired and wireless internet available throughout for free. Morning breakfast is also covered in the room charge.

A bus stop outside the hotel can get you to downtown Sunnyvale where you have access to Caltrain, buses and restaurants or to the Light Rail Station and various company offices. There are a few restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance.

All rooms have a kitchen and utensils to use for your own cooking.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business