“Two bedroom suite was huge and nice”
Review of St. Francis Arms

St. Francis Arms
St. Francis Arms
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Singapore, Singapore
“Two bedroom suite was huge and nice”
Reviewed 10 November 2005

we had a two bedroom suite--outstanding!

its a converted apartment building, and a great place for the feel at home for a long stay.

not too many services, but very helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank fritztastic

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York, NY
Reviewed 13 December 2004

I stayed here about a year ago and while the exterior is just decent, the interior is very nice and extremely clean. It's in a nice area and is very close by to restaurants, supermarkets, even a golf course and lots of retail shops. The rooms itself though are set back from the main road so it does provide a little more privacy. Complimentary breakfasts are pretty good. Mostly hardboiled eggs, some sausages, hams, and great danish's. I had to stay here for a little more than two weeks and I would recommend the place with no problems. If you smoke but aren't able to get a smoking room, no problem because each unit has a balcony.

3 Thank cbyao
Reviewed 26 March 2004

My boyfriend and I stayed here from 3/15/04 - 3/20/04. I was scared after reading the reviews, but once I got there, I was so glad. This is a clean place and even though it is not gated, our apartment was all the way in the back so we felt safe since it was away from the main road. Our place was clean and the hallways didn't smell (from what someone had mentioned in a review). The TV was small, but we didn't watch TV much so it was not a big deal... but the only things I can complain about was the pans, bedding and AC. I tried to make scrambled eggs and they tasted awful. The bedding was hard 3 tc thread sheets (Luckily, I had brought my own 250 tc spare sheets! A MUST if you are staying long term) and there is no AC in the bedroom. We had to keep our window open which was noisy with the chirping birds first thing in the morning (it was unually hot in N. California when we stayed). The free breakfast is great (has lots of stuff!!). I would definitely stay here again!!!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 February 2004

Two of us stayed here in late Jan 2004. The apartment obviously dates back some decades, but the interior was clean and very spacious -- an apartment with a full kitchen. It was nice to have the sitting area and the fridge. For the price, it was a great deal. We stayed in more expensive hotels with lots less room. I got the lowest rate on the web, and the person at the front desk told me that next time I could simply call him and he'd offer me the same rate without the bother of going on the web. The breakfast was a very nice effort, and perfectly described by the staff as, "slightly more than continental." They have a few things to learn about miso soup and rice (the reconstituted soup needs some fresh garnish, and you need to have something to eat with the rice -- pickles or fish or something) but it was a thoughtful effort to please Japanese guests, and we appreciated the touch. The TV was run down, but functional, and there was free DSL. Our experience was perfectly acceptable, though we kept laughing and saying to each other, "What a funky hotel. . . "

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, Ca
Reviewed 25 January 2004

Plenty of room, esp for extendstay. Friendly staff. Would stay again

3 Thank Myrkk
Reviewed 7 August 2003

I have stayed at St Francis Arms on 2 occasions during business travel.
I was satisfied. It is much more like an apartment complex in appearance and feel then a hotel but you can stay any number of nights.
The room was spacious with a full kitchen. Each room had a different floor plan which I found to be more interesting then a stale replica.
The rooms were often clean. As someone that desires at least a kitchenette while traveling this was a good choice. My only complaint: Although the area seems safe, as a women the quite tucked away location does give me a little angst when traveling to and from my car and room after dark. I am sorry to hear about the issues some of the other reviewers have had. I have had no such issues.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 May 2003

This is not a hotel- it's a corporate apartment complex. I TRIED staying there once last year, only to have them tell me the kind of room I booked was not available. After about 20 minutes the man at the desk- quite possible the rudest person I've ever encountered in years of business travel- gave me a room and key and I carried my luggage there only to find a big burly man open the door when I tried to get in because he was already living there! They said they had no other rooms available like I had requested, but would give me a different room. The guy didn't even apologize for the lengthy wait or the mistake he made in sending me to an occupied apartment. Horrible, horrible, horrible experience! I finally cancelled the reservation (without his help I might add) and used my cell phone to secure a room at a nearby hotel I trusted. Do I need to add that they wouldn't let me use their phone to call? Do not stay here unless you want incompetence and rudeness to reign over your stay.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Sunnyvale hotels