“Don't complain, they will block you”

Motel 6 Sunnyvale North
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I wrote a 4 star review on this place last summer. I had a couple of complaints that I reported to customer service via the Motel 6 web site. One issue was very slow internet access that was continuously dropping. The other complaint was every time the washing machine in the laundry room emptied, the water went on the floor. I don't complain about problems that don't exist. Customer Service at Motel 6 sent me a voucher for a free night stay. So, I am back in the area this week and I had a confirmed reservation for tonight guaranteed by my credit card. Upon arrival I was told I could no longer stay at this location as I was "blocked".. I will have a discussion with the manager when he gets in tomorrow morning, but this is outrageous. Blocking someone from a location simply because they had valid complaints?

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank mrtravel-gmail

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Pros: cheap, clean, everything in working order (A/C, nice bed, etc), nice staff.
Cons: internet is slow, sound isolation is kinda poor, my linens were never changed in a week (probably would have if I complained, but I didn't care - I change them much less often at home :))

Room Tip: Upper floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank rrraven
Reviewed 16 August 2012

After quite an unconfortable experience in another motel of the kind, we were doubtful as what we would find in the Sunnyvale Motel 6.

I was really pleasantly surprised.
The room was clean (the carpet seemed clean ! wasn't scared to walk bare feet on it), smelled fresh, bathroom was ok. Only thing missing : the hairdryer.
It's still a motel, but a good one, i would recommend it : cheap, clean, quite nice neighborhood, nice reception.
The WiFi costs 3 $ for 24hours.
The pool seemed nice but i didn't had the chance to dive in.
It's a 40/45 min drive to San Francisco.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Calliesmoon
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Seriouosly, it is $60 for a single, for a midweek stay in the heart of Silicon Valley.
I don't expect much except a clean room with the items required, such as a bathroom, bed, and tv.

The room was clean. I was on the side by the pool, but didn't have noise issues during my stay. I don't know if the street side would be noisier. The pool looked clean, but I didn't use it. The WIFI fee was $3, but a bit slow, however, it was ok for standard browsing. So, the place was clean. I didn't notice any shady characters hanging around. It shares a parking lot with Burger King, so "food" is really close. There is a Hobees and, I think, a Denny's across the street, next to the lower rated Motel 6, so don't go to the wrong one. Sunnyvale North is next to the Burger King.. For $60, it was a good value, as values in this area go. I think the weekly rate is about $340 (plus tax). Maximum stay is 28 days, then you have to be gone for a week. Interesting law. I only stayed a day though. I believe the daily rate for 2 is about $5 or $6 more.
Notes: The soap is adequate for getting clean, but recommend bringing your own. Towels are small, but I managed to dry with the 2 of them :). I didn't like the pillow (small, non fluffy)
I don't normally stay at Motel 6, but this was the best one I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: I would suggest not getting rooms on the parking lot side.
Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank mrtravel-gmail
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I needed to stay two times in the area and choose the Motel6 North (!) in Sunnyvale, CA.
Reception staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms are Motel6 rooms standards, clean !!
I requested a quiet room on the top floor which they provided for each stay. Teh structure of the building really allows some nice pivacy.
Overall, a good expereince and I can recommend this Motel6 as an effortable place to stay in the south bay area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Beate H
Reviewed 17 July 2012

$60 a night in the heart of silicon valley!
Updated and clean but still a Motel 6.

Room Tip: Quiet and clean. No traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2012

If you are visiting Silicon Valley and need inexpensive but good quality accommodation, look no further than Motel 6. Their weekly rate is even better than the already reasonable daily rate. It is conveniently located, and a 20 min walk away from the Sunnyvale Caltrain station which can take you anywhere in the Bay area. The Burger King and Denny's joints nearby are perfect for food at odd hours. As for the room itself, the furnishings are basic but perfectly serviceable. The bathroom was surprisingly spacious and very clean. And the staff, helpful as ever. The $3 per day wi-fi rocks too. Other hotels in the vicinity like Best Western and Comfort suites are significantly more expensive and don't offer a lot more (except breakfast).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business