Motel 6 Sunnyvale North
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$311
US$209
Wild Palms
Best Western Silicon Valley Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$133
US$121
QualityInn
US$195
Country Inn
Maple Tree Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$231
The Grand Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$219
Hotels.com
US$176
US$150
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
US$195
Orbitz.com
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$221
TripAdvisor
Courtyard Sunnyvale Mountain View(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe south bay areawould stay againbusiness tripsan josefreeway
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I wrote a 4 star review on this place last summer. I had a couple of complaints that I reported to customer service via the Motel 6 web site. One issue was very slow internet access that was continuously dropping. The other complaint was every time the washing machine in the laundry room emptied, the water went on the floor. I don't complain about problems that don't exist. Customer Service at Motel 6 sent me a voucher for a free night stay. So, I am back in the area this week and I had a confirmed reservation for tonight guaranteed by my credit card. Upon arrival I was told I could no longer stay at this location as I was "blocked".. I will have a discussion with the manager when he gets in tomorrow morning, but this is outrageous. Blocking someone from a location simply because they had valid complaints?

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank mrtravel-gmail
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Pros: cheap, clean, everything in working order (A/C, nice bed, etc), nice staff.
Cons: internet is slow, sound isolation is kinda poor, my linens were never changed in a week (probably would have if I complained, but I didn't care - I change them much less often at home :))

Room Tip: Upper floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank rrraven
Reviewed 16 August 2012

After quite an unconfortable experience in another motel of the kind, we were doubtful as what we would find in the Sunnyvale Motel 6.

I was really pleasantly surprised.
The room was clean (the carpet seemed clean ! wasn't scared to walk bare feet on it), smelled fresh, bathroom was ok. Only thing missing : the hairdryer.
It's still a motel, but a good one, i would recommend it : cheap, clean, quite nice neighborhood, nice reception.
The WiFi costs 3 $ for 24hours.
The pool seemed nice but i didn't had the chance to dive in.
It's a 40/45 min drive to San Francisco.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Calliesmoon
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Seriouosly, it is $60 for a single, for a midweek stay in the heart of Silicon Valley.
I don't expect much except a clean room with the items required, such as a bathroom, bed, and tv.

The room was clean. I was on the side by the pool, but didn't have noise issues during my stay. I don't know if the street side would be noisier. The pool looked clean, but I didn't use it. The WIFI fee was $3, but a bit slow, however, it was ok for standard browsing. So, the place was clean. I didn't notice any shady characters hanging around. It shares a parking lot with Burger King, so "food" is really close. There is a Hobees and, I think, a Denny's across the street, next to the lower rated Motel 6, so don't go to the wrong one. Sunnyvale North is next to the Burger King.. For $60, it was a good value, as values in this area go. I think the weekly rate is about $340 (plus tax). Maximum stay is 28 days, then you have to be gone for a week. Interesting law. I only stayed a day though. I believe the daily rate for 2 is about $5 or $6 more.
Notes: The soap is adequate for getting clean, but recommend bringing your own. Towels are small, but I managed to dry with the 2 of them :). I didn't like the pillow (small, non fluffy)
I don't normally stay at Motel 6, but this was the best one I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: I would suggest not getting rooms on the parking lot side.
Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank mrtravel-gmail
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I needed to stay two times in the area and choose the Motel6 North (!) in Sunnyvale, CA.
Reception staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms are Motel6 rooms standards, clean !!
I requested a quiet room on the top floor which they provided for each stay. Teh structure of the building really allows some nice pivacy.
Overall, a good expereince and I can recommend this Motel6 as an effortable place to stay in the south bay area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo