“Good enough for 1 nighter”

Motel 6 Sunnyvale North
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Had to book a night here as most of the hotels in the area are full. Was put up on a room near facing the courtyard, with the pool. The room was small, but clean, and looks like it was recently remodeled. to summarize:

Pros:

-new hard wood floor which was extended to the bathroom
-WIFI is $2, signal was in & out but you can use it for basic surfing.
-Burger King is just beside the motel
-vending machine available in the lobby.

Cons:

-Rooms seems to have paper thin walls as I can hear the other person on the next room
-I got was a connecting room, avoid them
-I can also hear the footsteps from the above room during the night which didn't help
-Bed sheets was a bit rough

Overall, I would not stay unless there are no other available rooms or other hotel's rate is sky high.

Good enough for a 1 night stay.

Room Tip: Dennys, Hobees, Burger Kind & Wendy's are all 5 to 7 mins walking distance from the hotel/m...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for eight nights in late May/early June 2014. The hotel offers a weekly rate which we were able to take advantage of. We had two rooms with connecting doors, which was a great advantage. The rooms were fairly modern, with hard wood effect flooring, a small table, a chair and a cushioned corner seat.

There were a couple of issues that we noted. The TV was equipped with an "iConnect" port, which allows you to hook up a gaming system, DVD player, or other HDMI device. This connection worked fine in one of the rooms, but not at all in the other room. In one room, there was no lid on the toilet seat, presenting a potential for disaster if something were to be dropped in the toilet. The rooms we had opened on the central courtyard, facing the pool, and cell coverage was a little iffy in that location. The motel provided WiFi wsd okay, occasionally dropping out. As AARP members, we were supposed to get free WiFi from Motel 6, but that only applies to one device per room (we had three laptops and multiple tablets and smart phones).

In general, the rooms were clean and quiet, the staff was friendly and courteous, and the value for the money was good. We would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jan P
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The rooms are very plain but very clean and comfortable. It seemed a little pricey for a motel 6 plus you had to pay extra for wifi but the staff was very accommodating and helpful. They gave us the wifi code for one person free. The hotel was very quiet for being located near an airport. We were only traveling for one night so we did not take shampoo and conditioner assuming that there would be some in the room but there was not so be sure to take your own. No coffee in the room but there is a burger king in the parking lot to purchase food.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Overall my safe was good. I stayed there 5 days/4nights on top floor. I like the hard floors, the bed was comfy, shower decent, and the AC/fridge and micro worked well. It was close to the freeway, area was pretty quiet, no problem with finding parking. Area felt safe.
Few things that i wasn't happy with: When we got there we found a used band-aid under the bed (ew). The door was very hard to open to get outside. During my stay I was unable to open the door, my boyfriend had to almost yank out the door to get out each and every time. i bought wi-fi access for our entire stay (4 nights), i was given 3 codes. I assumed they were for our devices (cell, tablet, laptop), they gave us no info on that. well no it was for one device, for each day. This was told to us by IT who front desk asked us to call. My boyfriend finally went to the front desk and they gave us two additional wi-fi codes ("on the house"), even though I had initially requested access for my entire stay, but by that time I could care less. Overall if I had to stay somewhere in the area I would stay here again just because it was decent and cheaper than the other places in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with this Motel 6 facility. The outside is well-kept and pleasant to look at. It had an inner courtyard with a pool which was really pretty. The room was a good sized and very clean. It had a retro-look with laminate floors which I liked. Two negatives was that there was no Wi-Fi and they could have upgraded to better towels (they were pretty rough). Lastly, the price was very affordable for this area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This motel was very clean...motel staff, customer service, and especially the maids and management were great! The wood laminate floor renovation makes a big difference and the "suite" rooms add just enough space to be much more comfortable, and the refrigerator and microwave were very convenient.Everything in the room appeared to be brand new. I recommend this hotel for tech workers in the Silicon Valley for a project...we had a good experience at this location.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be renovated...we had only had one noise issue and Security handled the proble...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The water in the toilet leaked so it was noisy all night. The bed was just okay. I am not allergic to animals (which they allow) but something in the room made me sneeze and I was miserable as soon as I got in the room and it lasted all night. As soon as I checked out I was okay. I had two ladies standing outside the door to my room talking to someone on the second floor at night and someone had a small yappy dog two doors across from me.

The person was very nice and friendly. Maybe I just had some bad luck this time. The price was good for the area. I might give this place another try.

Room Tip: I had a room away from the road so it might have been pretty quiet if the other guest and their dogs...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business