“Good value for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Sunnyvale Mountain View

TownePlace Suites Sunnyvale Mountain View
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Tempe, Arizona
“Good value for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room/suite was comfortable, clean and it had everything we needed during our stay. The hair dryer could use an upgrade. The hotel is within a 20 minute drive or so, to downtown San Jose and Palo Alto (without traffic). There's underground parking available, which is nice. No pool and small gym, but they do offer complimentary pass(es) to a Gold's Gym nearby. Just ask for it at the front desk and they are more than happy to give them away. The free continental breakfast was just ok, they didn't have a whole lot of selection (but it is free). Overall I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kim J J, Manager at TownePlace Suites Sunnyvale Mountain View, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for choosing Marriott for your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear that you were so impressed with our staff, as we take great pride in providing exceptional service to our guests. We also appreciate your compliments on our wonderful property and convenient location. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I usually never take the time to write reviews, but after staying here last week I've decided I must. The personnel here are just rude. The rooms are fine, and seem clean but the service was terrible. Convenient access to mountain view and sunnyvale. Safe area to walk around and easy parking. I would stay here again if it were not for their staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kim J J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Sunnyvale Mountain View, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear georgeyates,

First and foremost, we apologize. It's extremely disappointing to hear of the poor service you described in your review and we regret not having the opportunity to make this right during your stay. These details are certainly not our standard practices and we are sorry that we failed to provide you with the level of quality that you deserve. It's valued feedback such as yours that allows us to follow up, evaluate the details and identify where improvements are necessary to ensure this remains an isolated incident. Thank you for bringing your stay to our attention. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Kind Regards,

Kim Johnson, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Sunnyvale hotels

Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very nice. The room suite is set up very well with a bed, couch, kitchenette with 2 burner cooktop, microwave and frig. Breakfast includes yogurt, cereal, fruit, muffins and coffee. No hot breakfast items, but that is ok with me. Walking distance to grocery store and restaurants. Convenient access to mountain view and sunnyvale. Safe area to walk around and easy parking. I would stay here again. Friendly staff.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Spent 2 weeks in this hotel in feb on a business trip and it was very very convenient. The location is fabulous with safeway across the street and lot of restaurant options, including the madras cafe.

The hotel has kitchen, and for veggies like me it was very comfortable to quick and eat for dinner.

The room was very spacious and comfortable

Laundary service was another excellent option

Got some takeaway breakfast

Only issue was that the phones were not in the work desk but otherwise a very convenient hotel

Highly recommend for your next trip to bay area

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Fountain Hills, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I stayed 60 out of the last 90 days at this TownePlace Suites. I was receiving medical treatment locally. We had a little trouble at first about the cleanliness of the room, I won't go into details because those issues were solved by sitting down with the general manager, Kim, and the housekeeping supervisor. From that day on we had the same housekeeper every day she worked. Lucy knew what our expectations were and exceeded them daily. On our first 30 day stay we had a 1 bedroom suite but when we returned for the second 30 day stay Kim, the manager, was able to upgrade us to a two bedroom suite which was wonderful (we are platinum level Marriott Reward members). Alex at the front desk went over and beyond her normal duties to be courteous and accommodating, as my husband was trying to run his business while I was receiving my medical care. We also appreciated the free underground parking, how often do you see that in CA? We could have moved to another extended stay hotel after the first 30 days, the fact that we returned for another 30 days is testimony in favor of this hotel, and our kitty cat agrees!

Room Tip: There is a firehouse close by and sirens are heard frequently, ask for a room that might have less n...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Oakland, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay here. The bathrooms are large and the room was really clean. The rooms weren't as large as I thought they would be but that wasn't a problem. The staff was hit or miss on this visit.

Overall, I would be back now that I know what to expect.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a recent trip to California. I chose this hotel mainly for its location and price (we had late night plans in Millbrae and an early morning flight out of SJC). For our needs, this place was great - comfortable, convenient, and inexpensive. I didn't experience any problems with noise in the room, as other reviewers have referenced... but the hallways were noisy/smelly (someone was definitely cooking breakfast when we arrived). That said, we were able to check in before 1PM, which was very nice. Not the best place I've stayed, but far from the worst, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
#12 of 18 in Mountain View
Hilton Garden Inn Mountain View
Hilton Garden Inn Mountain View
#3 of 18 in Mountain View

Been to TownePlace Suites Sunnyvale Mountain View? Share your experiences!