“Closed for remodel?”

Afghani House Restaurant
San Jose, California
“Closed for remodel?”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I've reviewed this restaurant several times over the years. It is one of my favorites.
Therefore, I was sad to see that the restaurant is closed for remodeling. I don't know if the owners of the Afghani House have sold to new owners, but I would like to thank the pwners and staff for many years of gracious service, consistently delicious food, and always a friendly smile! Best wishes and many thanks!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank loradan

Fortuna, California
“excellent”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

love it! specially the rice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! waiter was very funny! it was a little different, but we love it!

Visited August 2012
California, USA
“Solid Choice for Afghan Food”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This restaurant falls into the very good but not spectacular category. We had 10 people in our party and shared “family style”. Big portions. Kebobs – very good. Sambosa – average. Kadu – excellent. Quabili Pallaw – big portion, good flavor, you must like raisins to enjoy this dish. Challaw Badenjan – very good. The rice they serve with many of the dishes is quite tasty. Baghlava – better than most I’ve had. Service was attentive and friendly but not overly helpful. Prices are fair. Atmosphere is OK. All in all, I would recommend this restaurant if you are in the mood for Afghan food. I would certainly go back but it didn’t end up on my favorite restaurant list.

• Visited January 2012
Folsom, California
“Great kabobs!”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This was the first time I tried Afghani food and it was very good. The flavors were great and the food was prepared perfectly. Highly recommend this place.

Visited January 2012
Paradsasvar, Hungary
“Perfect service and great food”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We came in a hurry because had to get back to the conference in time. The staff were super helpful to accommodate our request. The food is great, fresh, and really authentic.
And for us Europeans, it was a big plus that the room was not chilled to freezing so we did not have to eat with our coats on.

• Visited September 2011