“Nice once in awhile”

CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice once in awhile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

liked the deco. don't like how the waiter thinks I don't know my own level of spicyness. I CAN eat spicy food, really spicy, ok?
Once been there once for lunch. Food is nothing to shout about, hence it didn't pop into my mind again ever since

Visited April 2013

St. George, Utah
“Very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

I am been at this location few times and food is really very good and excellent quality .
I love Afghani food and they serve it well and the price is good as well.
Nicely decorated middle eastern style , pretty large.
Very clean and they give excellent service as well ,the owner goes around and talk to people ,very friendly .

• Visited January 2013
San Jose, California
“Closed for remodel?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

I've reviewed this restaurant several times over the years. It is one of my favorites.
Therefore, I was sad to see that the restaurant is closed for remodeling. I don't know if the owners of the Afghani House have sold to new owners, but I would like to thank the pwners and staff for many years of gracious service, consistently delicious food, and always a friendly smile! Best wishes and many thanks!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank loradan
Fortuna, California
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

love it! specially the rice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! waiter was very funny! it was a little different, but we love it!

Visited August 2012
California, USA
“Solid Choice for Afghan Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

This restaurant falls into the very good but not spectacular category. We had 10 people in our party and shared “family style”. Big portions. Kebobs – very good. Sambosa – average. Kadu – excellent. Quabili Pallaw – big portion, good flavor, you must like raisins to enjoy this dish. Challaw Badenjan – very good. The rice they serve with many of the dishes is quite tasty. Baghlava – better than most I’ve had. Service was attentive and friendly but not overly helpful. Prices are fair. Atmosphere is OK. All in all, I would recommend this restaurant if you are in the mood for Afghan food. I would certainly go back but it didn’t end up on my favorite restaurant list.

• Visited January 2012