“Good veg restaurant”

Saravanaa Bhavan
Ranked #24 of 378 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sunnyvale, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good veg restaurant”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have enjoyed the lunch with good sambar. But some times the taste is ok.. not that good.
If you want to enjoy and taste tamil nadu food, here you can find many variety.

1 Thank SugandhiK

Bangalore, India
“Good food but average service”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We ordered a plate of idly, poori, vada, pongal and coffee. The food was amazing and I really loved it. The downside is the average service with you having to wait a long time for the person to come take your order or you have to go call the person to take your order or get you the check. Food still came fast and I enjoyed it. -1 star for the service.

• Visited October 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Almost like being in India”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We know why this restaurant is so popular: the food is good. An Indian restaurant full of Indians of all ages is a good sign. Food is served on metal plates. Part of a group of five, we were able to try a variety. Idlis were perfectly prepared. Three types of uttapam were also fresh and tasty. Masala dosas are huge with crisp, thin dosas and nicely seasoned potatoes. The coconut chutney is perfect. The ambiance is very casual, very much like a restaurant in India.

Sunnyvale, California
“Average experience”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

May be it was not a good time to go there but I didnt have a great experience. We went there on Sunday afternoon and there was waiting which is okay. When we got the table and finally placed the order, the guy actually packed our food instead of serving us and gave it to us. I was okay with that too considering I was tired already of waiting and too much crowd but then he started insisting we have it there and opened the packed food. We had it there and food was good but will be careful to go not at peak timings again. Restaurant itself is not too well maintained and gives feeling of the tiffin centers on roadside in Bangalore.

1 Thank Amit G
San Jose, California
“Appalling service and quality of food”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've been to many Indian restaurants in the bay area, and I must say that Saravana Bhavan was the only one that disappointed me in every way possible. The service was appalling, and the waiters didn't seem to care about customers. First, nobody moved from where they were lounging to take orders. Finally, after we called them over a couple of times, they came and took the order; the food then took ages to arrive.
I'd ordered a Chola Bhatura, and the Bhatura was virtually floating in a sea of oil. When I complained to the waiter, he said he'd speak to the cook and get back to me, and I found him lounging on an empty table at the far corner of the restaurant. The place was empty except for us and a family on a different table, and this guy didn't seem to care that I saw him do nothing when he'd promised to check with the cook. After waiting patiently for about 15 mins, I made my second mistake for the day (the first was having come here for lunch). I decided to order something else, hoping it would taste better; I was very very hungry that day. I don't remember what I'd ordered, but it was some rice dish, and it came cold. I asked the waiter to warm it up, and he just stared at me as though I was speaking Greek or Latin. I gave up and tasted the rice. I had to spit it out because it tasted terrible. And to add insult to injury, I had to pay for the lunch there - lunch that I never had, mind you.
I'm never setting foot anywhere near this place again! There are much better places nearby.

• Visited February 2013