Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale
US$176
Sheraton.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Maple Tree Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$104
US$98
QualityInn
Very Good 4/5
Best Western Silicon Valley Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$165
Very Good 4/5
The Domain Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$176
Great 4.5/5
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$209
Great 4.5/5
Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$205
Average 3/5
The Grand Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$177
Agoda.com
US$90
TripAdvisor
Good 3.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Clean, central location. Spacious room. A bit confusing with the two different names on the exterior of the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Precy M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. The hotel origanally was an independant hotelfor pastthirty years. Since management decided to affiliate the hotel with the Wyndham chain it was agreed by all the parties that is only pruduent to display both the names.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

My stay (the night of Sept 26, 2013) in room 123 was pleasant enough till I got up in the morning and noticed that there was a bug on my bed comforter. Upon inspection, I confirmed it was a bed bug. Within hours, dozens of bites were starting to itch and swell all over my body. Really unpleasant. When I checked out, the woman at the front desk seemed neither surprised nor particularly concerned when I told her about the problem. Too bad, because this hotel has a good location for my business travel and is reasonably priced. Unfortunately, the bed bugs mean I will not return here.

2  Thank Nick G
ckshah, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

This is also a very valuable input. Once the guest complained we ordered professional pest control to inspect the room. Contrary to their finding of no bed bugs we proceeded to treat the room and heated it to 145 degree F. for 4 hours. Prior to this treatment room was scanned with UV light. We invite you come and stay with us and we will offer you 10% discount. We would really appreciate if any of the readers have suggestion on this topic.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Alvy Roy P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Checked in on Sep-1 and within 4 hr, sited bed bug when my wife waked up from bed itching her hands. There were more than 10 bed bug which were visible under the pillow and bed sheet. Reported to front desk and they immediately moved me to another room.
Next morning, I waked up at 3:30am and found bed bug in the 2nd room as well. I got blisters on my legs and elbow.
During this whole transaction the front desk lady (Presy) and the owner (C.K. Shah) were pretty much ignoring the fact that there is any bed bug.
Checked out next day at 9am and shifted to another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DJ20132013

Dear DJ20132013,

I am concerned about the issues your wife and you said to have experienced at our Hotel. After showing your review to all staff, none had claimed to have been informed of any "bites" of any kind and unfortunately, due to Trip TripAdvisor's confidentiality, I was unable to search your account and locate the Exact room you had stayed in. Granted, knowing you were on the first floor, and it being such a delicate and very serious situation, we followed procedure and looked in every room, every mattress, ever sofa sleeper, located in the entire Hotel (including the second floor as well) and called in our Pest Company to search and track down anything, if so. After full days dedicated and thorough search, we found with relief no signs of any Bed Bugs on the premises.

It is possible you may have experienced some flea or mosquito bites; however, we pet bomb and drop each pet room for 24 hours after each check out. I have provided a link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_bug) on Bed Bugs. It is always good to know and be educated on Beg Bugs if you are one to frequently or even not so, stay in Hotels. Typically, a serious case of Bed Bugs will put you in the ER or Urgent Care and would have hoped if ever experienced any of the sort at our location that you would have informed staff so we could assist in any way possible.

Please remember that you feedback was extremely valuable to us and we did not take it lightly in any way. We hope that you may come back and give us the opportunity to serve you again, but understand if you feel otherwise. All else aside; Thank You, sincerely for your review as I greatly appreciated it.

Before I bid you, I'd like to leave you with just a friendly tip (one I, myself still do to this day): As soon as entering a Hotel room, put your luggage in the bathtub, go straight to the mattresses and lift up the sheets. If you ever see blackish/red spots along the seems it is a possibility that there are in fact bed bugs in that room or have been and the Hotel did not properly exterminate them. One thing that is quick and easy to ease you a little more while being in a Hotel room or laying down for some rest. It eases me, and hope that it may be able to do the same for you!

Please contact me at the Hotel's direct line listed below if we could be of further assistance.

Regards,