“Disgusting”

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Chicago, Illinois
“Disgusting”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

When I arrived here yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of space in the room and the perceived cleanliness.

Upon washing my hands, I was truly disgusted when I opened to the facial soap box to find a grimy, used piece of soap, complete with a pubic hair. Had it not been late in the evening after a long day of travel, I would have just checked out and gone elsewhere. The hotel staff was apologetic and brought new soap within 15 minutes, but it is safe to say I will not be returning to this hotel for future business travel in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Tianna S, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to take this time to apologize for such a bad experience you had at our property.
I'm following up with our housekeeping team to ensure this does not happen again.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Waverly, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Got a room on the second floor, which has a loft bedroom. Lots of space, with kitchen, living room, with an extra bed downstairs. Just a great room. Good continental breakfast; fitness facility only has treadmills, bikes and elliptical, basically no free weight, a bit disappointed with that. The only downside is it's close to a highway. Location: close to many restaurants

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor with a loft bedroom
Green Features: I think they follow their policy. I didn't have them do room service throughout the stay.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Tianna S, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott Sunnyvale Silicon Valley 1. We are glad the room was up to your standards as well as the breakfast we offer.

Thank you for your time again and we hope to see you in a near future.

Menlo Park
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I've stayed in this hotel several times and always highly enjoyed it.

My latest stay was no exception to that. As always, the staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly across the board.

The room was very comfortable, clean, complete and more like a small apartment. The full kitchen is perfect to make your own meals and thanks to the big fridge it is easy to store your own juice, dairy products, etc.

The breakfast buffet offers several choices and is definitely sufficient to start the day. The complimentary small dinner in the evening is great in case you don't want to dine out or prepare your own food.

The one thing is that the seating capacity is somewhat limited and it can be hard to find a table during the rush hours, but you can always take the food back into your room so this is not such a big deal.

A more serious concern is the internet access. All rooms have complimentary Wi-Fi, but the signal is weak. In my room for example I really had to sit close to the window to avoid a total loss of signal and unfortunately outages are not uncommon either. This is kind of ironic since this is in the heart of Silicon Valley after all.

It is not a new problem either and I think hotel management should pick this up as an action item. Why not provide a stronger signal, or even go back to the good old wired network for example and provide Wi-Fi support in the room? The outages indicate a server issue and that shouldn't happen as frequent as it does.

Overall another great stay though and kudos to the entire team!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Tianna S, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott Sunnyvale 1. We are glad that our rooms and amenities were up to your expectations and useful to you. Regarding our internet service we are currently awaiting approval to improve it. Our goal is to have this updated as soon as possible.

Thank you again, we appreciate your business and hope to see you in a near future.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I am very fond of this hotel. Rooms are really nice and you can self cater those days you just dont want to eat out.
Wifi and parking are included so they dont try to fleece the traveler with hidden extra's
Rooms are like mini apartments built into a series of houses and there walks next to the property and outdoor spaces like ball courts. If you are not on the ground floor you may have one flight of stairs to reach your front door but on average this is quicker than standing in line for the elevator.
Breakfast buffet is included, not a huge variety of things but most of the basics are there. The evening mixers are ok but people tend to stay to themselves due to the style of the hotel I guess - also since this is upstairs too it is not so easy to just drop in to see if anyone interesting is around.
There is no room service, but a lot of local delivery services which can come right to your door and crockery is in the room which makes it really easy if you just want to eat and watch TV after a long day.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are generally quieter , the multi room suites have a mezzanine level which i...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott Sunnyvale 1. We appreciate your comments and observations as this can be very helpful to other travelers that are looking to stay with us or just looking for a nice place to stay.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I made an attempt to Books some rooms here for an event. The staff were disorganized to say the least. They first promised me a certain rate for booking rooms. Then the Sales person came back to say they did not realize I had other rooms with other rates and they could not give me the rate. Then the Sales Manager went back to see if they could honor the rate since it was an error on their side.. Apparently the General Manager told Sales not to honor the error.. All this after planning my entire team to stay there.. 40 Nights meant nothing. I was so upset with them. I would advise to not plan any Sales Events around this hotel!! They will pull a fast one on you and screw up your plan like they did to me!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sunnyvale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

It was a great stay @ Residence Inn, front desk team is very friendly and prompt(Ian, Jesse, Ode, Jenifer, Guliyah, Sandra entire team was awesome. specially Ian, he is the charm who can handle any type of customer and guide them in the right direction and give them the best possible direction, he was very helpful in many situations). Mark is prompt and will drop at office in right time, he is the man for residence inn shuttle who has great knowledge of all the routes without any maps support.
I appreciate all your efforts in making guests stay comfortable. It is worth staying here for an extended stay.

The thing where it can improved is the internet wifi speed, it is very poor, connection drop is so frequent. please fix it ASAP.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Tianna S, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to complete a review regarding your stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott Sunnyvale 1. I will make sure to pass along your kind comments to our staff as they take great pride in the service they provide.

Thank you again for your review and your business and we hope to see you in a near future.

Best Regards,

Pittsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Please read my profile for my biases.

I've been spending a lot of time in the area, usually with a business partner. I like the Residence Inn chain because we can get a two room suite for less than the price of two separate rooms in most of the area's hotels, and thus we can work together in the kitchen or living room but retire to our own rooms when desired.

This was my first time at this location, and I have to admit that the location itself is great. We were within 2-5 miles of most of our meetings, and there are some decent restaurants within walking distance.

Do note that this hotel is really close to the highway. We were in building 10, which was away from the road, but my guess is that if you were near it you might be bothered by some traffic noise.

I do plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: Note that it is near the highway, so you might want to request a room in a building away from it if...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Tianna S, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay and experience at our Residence Inn by Marriott Sunnyvale 1. Your feedback is very important to us as well as travelers that are looking to visit the Sunnyvale area.

I’m glad the property is able to meet your needs and that it works for your business needs.
Thank you again for your time and hope to see you in a near future.

Best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II
Hilton Santa Clara
Hilton Santa Clara
#1 of 32 in Santa Clara
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,223 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I? Share your experiences!