“OK hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Los Angeles, California
“OK hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was put up in this hotel for 3 weeks for free by a company, so I can't really complain about value. However, I would never stay in this hotel if I had to pay for it on my own or was looking for a vacation.

During my stay there were 4 spiders in the loft bedroom (one was under my bed sheets!) even after the staff said that they would spray a pest control spray. Many other people at the hotel that time faced spider issues, so arachnophobes, beware.

Additionally, many times the new towels they would replace used ones with were dirty, with brown streaks all over before I even touched them!

Finally, they once provided me a soap box that was already open with dirty soap in it. Worst of all, one day the shampoo had a pubic hair sticking out of it! The toiletries provided are clearly not new.

The wifi in the hotel is terribly spotty, so I was lucky to be gone for most of the day. At night, the freeway noise was extremely loud but I just put on headphones and was fine.

Other than the previous concerns, the hotel is great. The rooms are incredibly spacious, the kitchen is wonderful, and the location was great for going on walks.

Overall, it's a great place to stay if you are on a long-term stay. However, if you need wifi, are scared of spiders, or are extremely worried about cleanliness, I would suggest you find another place.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the lobby (In Buildings 1-5) to avoid spiders.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience at Residence Inn Silicon Valley 1. We have taken your feedback into consideration and would like to make you aware that we have upgraded our internet service as of Friday August 15, 2014. It was great to hear that you were able to enjoy the amenities our property has to offer.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Not a bad place to be if you are in town for business purposes. Even with a family, it's a decent option because they have a small pool available as well. Breakfast is continental and sufficient. Staff is attentive.

Room Tip: Room tip: DO NOT stay in 612. This is on the first floor so you hear everything above you. It is als...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tianna S, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I, responded to this review, 15 August 2014

Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for about three months at this place. The hotel is situated right beside 101 but its very quiet.

The breakfast is very good and has many varieties, more items than many hotels. The supper is quite ok too.

The rooms are good and nicely maintained with daily room service.

I personally suggest to take the rooms beside the lake.

There was only one complaint though. The internet connectivity was awful. The network is frequently getting disconnected though the issue was raised a couple of times. I learnt that the hotel is now laying new internet line.

The gym is too small and so is the swimming pool. They need to add more space and variety for fitness. There is a badminton court and a small basketball area.

The hotel premises is sometimes not maintained properly and some garbage can be seen at times.

Overall, the experience is good.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience at our Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley 1. We are glad that our spacious rooms and amenities at the hotel were to your expectations. Our internet equipment has been recently updated and our connectivity is much better.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Located at 750 lakeway drive, this marriot is closer to business centres. Property is well spread, rooms are spacious. The kitchen is equipped.
The breakfast spread is good. The staff attending are courteous. I saw some comments on the WiFi connectivity but I was staying for 4 days and didn't face any issues.
One point that you may want to consider is that some of the apartments are on first floor and there are no lifts. So if are travelling with heavy luggage, you may find it difficult to lift your bags. Check for that when you book.
Overall, a good place, if you are travelling on business and need a spacious room with a neat kitchen, this may be the place at sunnyvale

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed there for about 20 days.

Rates are high of you do not have a corporate rate negotiated.

Good breakfast and evening dinner.

Make sure they steam clean the room in advance if you are staying for a a week or more .

Cold coffee throughout the day for the 20 days except when Ian was on night shift. He always had hot coffee.

Regards
Glenn

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience at our Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley 1. We are glad that the breakfast and evening hospitality hour at the hotel were to your expectations. We have instructed to our staff to keep fresh coffee at all times.

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed here for 5 days while my home underwent some improvements. The studio room I had made me feel like home. It had a nice furnished kitchen, a delicious breakfast, comfortable bed and spacious room. It was even pet friendly! My room on the second floor was quiet and clean, and nicely furnished. Almost like my own small studio. The free breakfast, wi-fi, and snacks make this a great place to stay for the business traveler or family. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Any room is good noise level is quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience at our Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley 1. We are glad that the amenities at the hotel were to your expectations and that you had a great time during your stay of 5 days.

Kaohsiung, Taiwan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The service, room and kitchen are great. However, wireless connection is terrible and it's hard to use Internet at this condition. Thus, I have to give poor rate for this uncomfortable network connection. Especially I booked this hotel for my business trip and this make me hard to work at hotel.

Room Tip: Check wireless connection before you choose room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Cleanliness
2 Thank SurfTsunami
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience at our property. We are glad the amenities at the hotel were to your expectations. I want to inform you that our internet equipment has been recently updated and our connectivity is better.

Best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,194 reviews
Biltmore Hotel & Suites
Biltmore Hotel & Suites
#10 of 32 in Santa Clara

Been to Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I? Share your experiences!