Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Silicon Valley Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$132
Hotels.com
Maple Tree Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$146
US$135
Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$310
The Grand Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$258
US$228
Country Inn
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$140
US$89
US$221
US$187
  • Pool
The Domain Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$176
All reviewssilicon valleyfront deskthe cleaning crewqueen size bedan extended staystudio roompull out couchan easy driveamazing customer servicefree breakfastnice propertycentral locationdecent breakfastlonger stayper daywafflescommon areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Everything was booked in Silicon Valley so I ended up with a suite here at the Residence Inn in Sunnyvale, CA. The rooms are enormous. In fact they were more like condos than hotel rooms. Two floors with two beds and two bathrooms or swap one bed for extra office space. Full size fridges with a kitchenette, living room with a fireplace, etc. This room was larger than my first apartment and would be great if staying for an extended time period or if you had the wife and kids. In fact they serve a decent breakfast and dinner that is included with the stay.

Room Tip: There are two Residence Inns i sunnyvale not too far apart, o be sure you get the one you want.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank LittleButty
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Someone else booked this on my behalf - I always get nervous when that happens. As it turned out, I had no need to be concerned at all.

I stayed for a week and it really felt like I had my own place, rather than staying in a hotel. Of course, these are designed for people staying longer than average and it appeared that some of the guests lived there on a near permanent basis. For intra-company transfers I can see that this could be an attractive option for a while.

The room was clean and tidy and very well equipped - it had absolutely everything I needed, and more. There was a fully equipped kitchen, big TV, coffee, sofa and a very comfortable bed. I slept soundly and recovered from jet lag very quickly. My only criticism was that it felt a little dated - but I find that a lot with hotels in the US.

Breakfast is served upstairs from reception and is a buffet style. There was fresh fruit and pastries and a small selection of cooked food.

The staff couldn't have been nicer and were very helpful, friendly and chatty when they weren't too busy.

The location is good with easy access to the freeways and plenty of surface-street options if your destination is local. Despite the proximity to the Lawrence Expressway, I didn't find it too noisy.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank FourFishFingers
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Stayed here for a week. Very convenient location for me since it's right off of Lawrence Expressway. It was quiet (I asked for non-ground floor level and didn't hear my neighbors at all during my entire stay) and the room was a large studio/suite with full kitchen/dining area table (full fridge!), living room area with sofa/large screen HDTV, then sleeping area with bed and large bathroom. Room was clean, had everything I wanted and lots of closet space. Very comfortable for one person, and great since I was staying a full week. I chose it for its location, complimentary breakfast, wifi and parking. Great value/deal!

Staff was always courteous and I felt welcomed every morning when I headed over to breakfast. The breakfast was great! A lot of variety, hot and cold (waffles, eggs, bacon/sausage, bagels, toast, muffins, yogurt parfait, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit bar. I went to one of the complimentary evening meals and it was heartier than I imagined a free dinner would be (chicken and rice and vegetables).

The wifi was a bit slow, especially during peak hours, but wasn't too much of a problem (I was planning to stream videos or anything). Connecting to it was painless.

Overall, a great stay. I had no problems whatsoever and it was very enjoyable. Never had problems finding a parking spot near my room, even when I came back really late at night.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I try to stay at Residence Inn's whenever I travel for longer than 3 or 4 days for business. This particular Residence Inn did not disappoint. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs an extended stay for work.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Great place for anyone staying a few days in the valley. I've stayed here 3/4 times over the past few months on business and the suites all have kitchenettes and separate bathrooms. For the most part service is very good, although I've had a few anomalies such as returning to my room one evening and finding that the carpets were wet due to cleaning (not sure why they would do this when there is a guest staying). Breakfasts have a mix of hot and cold items, and this location has evening meals & drinks every night... these are included in your stay. Haven't used the pool or exercise facilities, nor saw anyone using the hot tubs around the facility, but have seen workers maintaining them. The walls aren't particularly sound proof, so if possible, request one away from the expressway. One final note is that there are at least two classes of rooms here. The ground floor rooms are single bed suites, whereas the upstairs suites have a mezzanine level with an additional bed and bathroom (great for families).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business