“Good Accomodation but terrible Food”

Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I had stayed here during a business visit in Oct 2012. This place is about 30 minutes from SFO airport. From my first experience, the check in process is very smooth and courtesy of the team is very good. Rooms are pretty warm and comfortable with all the necessary amenities. There is a daily shuttle from the hotel to offices in mountain view, santa clara, etc

Cons:
Breakfast - Quite terrible - would definitely give it a pass
Fun Stuff - Zilch, this is in the middle of no where, so need to have transportation to move around
Dinner/Lunch - You would be best suited to order in the same, than take the effort of walking a few miles

Room Tip: Take a room on the first floor, so it is a touch more secure as this hotel faces the road. This redu...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Karen M, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at check in and in your suite. As we are located in a business area, I understand most of our fun activities are out of the near vicinity. We are always happy to help find transportation to and from desired locations.

We are always looking for ways to revamp our breakfast menu, so any feedback on breakfast options you would enjoy seeing are taken very seriously. Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding this.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

As a Marriott devotee, I found this hotel not up to their standards. The exterior of the property needs addressing. Very tired. The breakfast was typical but we couldn't eat there...maybe our problem. Location is not near anything fun so if you are there for anything but business I don't recommend. It was just an average experience...nothing horrible but nothing great either.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Happy Holidays!

I want to send my sincerest gratitude to the management and staff for a wonderful stay here at the Residence Inn Silicon Valley 2. My family and I were with you from July to November of this year and we were very much comfortable, happy and at-home. The room was fantastic with its above-standard appliances and spacious areas. The breakfast (and dinner) buffets were awesome because of the food variety. The staff, from the Maintenance team to Housekeeping, from the Front Desk to Management, from Sales to everyone else, were all great.

But I do want to make a special mention of the wonderful experience that we had with Rosa from the Housekeeping team. Our stay was extra-special because of her. She was very helpful, kind and hospitable. She went out of her way to check on our needs, especially that we have an 18-month old baby boy. She was always welcoming and offered a smile each day. She was also very thorough with her work and represented the property very well. She deserves a raise with the kind of service that she has provided and will continue to provide. Thank you, Rosa!

Kudos to the Front Desk team too for being so efficient, friendly and approachable. We want to mention Ramon, Marilyn and Kayla for being so nice and helpful. You guys were definitely, and still are our favorites! Please extend our gratitude to Gloria, Bridgette, Rosalinda and the rest of the dining/kitchen staff who ensured that the breakfast and dinner buffets were presented well, tasted good and that we were well-taken cared of.

Thank you to Tisa, Andrea andKaren, for a truly amazing experience. It is our hope to stay at your property again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2012

rooms are neat but small cockroaches (very small, light brown) running around the room. I told the guys but they did not care.
breakfast is no so good but acceptable. Same stuff everyday. Staff is very weird. They will talk to you very nicely when checking you in but will keep asking you when you are checking out so actually they want to kick you out asap so that they can sell this room again.
My credit card was blocked so I was late in clearing the bills on the last day. They locked me out of my room and I had to request for 1 hour to pack my bags. The front office guy, Ian was saying make it quick or we will charge you for one more day.
Overall...I feel I should have avoided this place. Nearby there are some indian places to eat but make sure you have a rented vehicle as everything is far away

Room Tip: try the other residence inn, silicon valley I. it may be better
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Be aware this property is outdoor and dispersed. Think of a compact apartment complex.

I really enjoyed the loft room that I got. I was quite large with a small kitchen table and larger dining table. Also a desk, murphy bed, sofa, chair, and TWO full baths. A whole family could stay in this room and not even begin to feel cramped.

If you are looking for the newest, most up to date, luxurious stay, this is not it. But the staff is very friendly and helpful, and it's a great deal for the money. The only negative is that it is not positioned near a large variety of restaurants. But with a few miles are many wonderful places to eat.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Writing this review purely because I think the staff of this hotel deserve some positive feedback. My husband has been here on business for three weeks and I have been back and forth visiting him. The staff has just gone out of their way multiple times to accommodate him and I.

It is not a brand new hotel, but it is a spacious suite with everything that we need. We happen to be in a handicap room which has an "accessible shower" that has a small leak leading into the closet. Small inconvenience, but when he called to mention it to the staff, someone came in that day to check it out and they offered to transfer him to another room. No big deal, so he chose to stay. They are also super quick to bring us towels or anything else that we need.

Have not had any noise issues like some fellow reviewers. Maybe no one is next to us but I'm pretty sure the place is booked.

Monday through Thursday, they offer the guest a complimentary meal with drinks! He has really enjoyed it when he comes back after a long day and doesn't feel like searching for somewhere to get food. Plus, it is free... why wouldn't he go?! I have personally enjoyed the breakfast selection. :)

The only negative thing I can think of is that we did find a couple of random items that the cleaning crew must have missed since the last people were in here. I don't think they looked under the bed or couch because I found a small teddy bear peeking at me from underneath the bed that was not ours... ha. A little creepy but gave us a good laugh!

Overall a huge thank you to the staff for making his time away from home as comfortable as possible and just for being NICE! Goes a long way these days, thanks very much!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Karen M, Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Hello Jackie,
I truly appreciate your review! I am happy to hear you were able to utilize and enjoy our Breakfast and Hospitality Hour during your stay. Even though you experienced a few mishaps, I am thankful to our staff for being able to make your stay a positive experience for you. Thank you for being our guest and I hope to see you both soon.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 14 October 2012

My stay at The Residence Inn was pleasant. The outside of the hotel is rather "dated." The staff were helpful and friendly. I was expecting a more updated room than what I got. The amenities looked like the original ones from the 80's. The room was tidy, sheets were clean, and the room smelled fresh.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MsPalm
Karen M, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

I appreciate your feedback about your stay at the Residence Inn. Our team strives to hard to offer friendly service and clean suites and I am happy we meted your expectations. All of our suites were renovated in 2011 and our team works hard to keep them fresh and clean. I am sorry your felt the overall look was dated and will pass your comments along to the design team for future renovations.

Happy Travels,