“Perfect business stay”

Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed here for four nights on a business trip.
The room was very clean upon arrival and all during my stay.
The daily breakfast buffet was loaded with fresh fruit options as well as the usual breakfast suspects of eggs and cereals.
The staff was very helpful, I needed directions to an urgent care facility and they printed them out for me immediately.
I will stay here again on my trip to Sunnyvale.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Karen M, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Hello!
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Silicon Valley II. We appreciate all of the wonderful comments about your suite, the breakfast options and our staff. We do our best to make your stay a memorable one and I am very excited to bring your feedback to our staff! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

It is always a pleasure to stay at Residence Inn. The rooms are always clean. The dishes are of good quality in the kitchen. And the staff is always polite and helpful. It's the little touch that adds up to make a delightful stay. Oh, and the complimentary breakfast is GREAT.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the stairway if you plan to enter the back door.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank baldeagle7777

Hello!
Thank you for your great response. We take guest satisfaction very seriously and appreciate your positive feedback. As always, we strive to ensure every aspect of your stay is perfect. I will definitely be sharing your great comments with our entire team. We look forward to seeing you again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We were here for almost a month while our house was selling. Very typical of most Residence Inns of the "cottage" variety. Most of the other guests appeared to be single techies, so there were very few children or other pets staying here.
The one BIG PLUS that we loved was a fenced in dog area - not huge, but big enough for my two St. Bernards to stretch their legs and play a bit off leash. Loved it.
The BIG MINUS was that there were no drawers for clothes. One dresser in the living room that the TV sat on, and that was it.

Room Tip: Pick this Residence Inn over the other one in Silicon Valley that is just down the street. This one...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you so much for your comments about our hotel. We know your pets are family too, so we try our best to allow room to roam and stretch their legs. We also try to give as much space inside the suites for our guests to be comfortable while here for long periods of time. This is the reason for one bureau. If in the future you are with us again, we will make sure to accommodate all of your clothes inside our closets with hangers. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Large suite, decent breakfast included. Perfect business in the heart of Silicon Valley.

I had to work parts of the day from the room and it was perfect. Not much noise. Plenty of room with a great desk, good speaker phone, fantastic wi-fi (included). The kitchenette provided room to spread out. It was also nice to have light snacks and evening meal right in the room thanks to the kitchenette.

Lots of easily accessible outlets for powering laptops and recharging the plethora of devices I bring. It seems like a tiny thing but I love that outlets are easily accessible by the nightstand. (I use my phone as my alarm clock and am amazed at how many hotels I have to plug it far away at the desk or bathroom.)

One tip: get a second floor suite - I was mildly annoyed by my late night neighbor upstairs clomping around.

Room Tip: Get a second floor suite (lots of noise from upstairs neighbors) and get one in the middle of the co...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Karen M, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Hello Jason,
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your stay at the Residence Inn Silicon Valley 2!

I am very excited to hear that your suite was able to be effective for working while spacious for relaxing. Being in the Silicon Valley, we understand everyone has multiple devices that need to powered up or recharged. The "little things" our guests need or love is surely something we take pride in offering. Your productive and memorable stay is our goal.

Thank you again and hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 24 April 2013

This is my first stay in a Residence Inn and I was pleasantly surprised.

The property is in a quiet neighborhood, not far away from AMD campus. It consists of 25 cottages. Each cottage has two rooms downstairs and two rooms upstairs. The entire property is well maintained with annual flowers and bushes. The property feels like a resort. The room is big, clean and equipped with modern furniture. The layout is very well designed with a large living area, a kitchen, dinning area and bathroom area. The air-conditioning machine is well hidden and the cold air isn't blown directly into the room. The front desk is in a separated cottage where there is a homy lobby, a small gym and a large breakfast area. The breakfast isn't 5 star cuisine, but it has continental breakfast, as well as omelet, bacon, steamed rice and cut fruits. They have a lot more for breakfast than a similar hotel offers. There are also fruits at the lobby area for take. The price isn't bad. Unfortunately, this hotel is always sold out. I now understand why.

Great job to the hotel management to make it so nice.

Room Tip: Book way ahead of time.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Sophie,
Thank you for your feedback! We love to hear our guests had a great stay at the Residence Inn Silicon Valley 2.

We do our best to accommodate every guest need while being a home away from home. I, though, LOVE the sound of our property being a resort in your eyes. I hope you were able to relax as if you were sitting beach side!

Thank you again for your response and we hope we can accommodate your next trip to the Silicon Valley!

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I spent three great nights in this hotel. It was very well maintained, clean, nice furniture, great bed, tv, and shower. I was greated by a really great desk clerk named Marilyn. She checked me in, talked about the hotel and made sure that all of my questions were answered. If you are in the area this is the place to spend a few nights,. You will be very pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Karen M, Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Hello Sandy!

Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay at the Residence Inn Silicon Valley 2. And thank you for recognizing one of the many SUPERSTARS we have on the property. Marilyn is a great asset to the organization and it gives me great pleasure to see our valued guests comment on the talent we have.

I am also excited to hear that everything in your room was clean, well maintained enjoable. Along with our great staff, we do our best to make yourself and all of our guests smile when you think of the Residence Inn Silicon Valley 2.

Thank you again for your kind response. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Was there for more than a week. It is located next to Lawrence and very close to 101. The rooms are large and clean, with this additional sitting area.

Has a pool, a play area, 24 hour wash and dry, which was very helpful.

The internet access was great during my stay.

Only concern was the small restaurant (or I may call it kitchen) servers the same kind of stuff everyday for breakfast - that gets boring. During the evening monday through thursday, it serves variety of stuff as heavy-evening meal, with wine/beer.

I will go back again.

Room Tip: I like the morning sun, so I prefer the rooms towards the other end of the hotel. The room gets bri...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Kurmi,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with the Residence Inn Silicon Valley 2. Your feed back is much appreciated.

I am very excited to hear that you enjoyed your spacious suite and were able to utilize the many amenities that we offer like the pool, Sport Court and laundry, breakfast and our hospitality hour. We try to cater to every taste bud during breakfast with the variety of items presented. We have hot items such as waffles, eggs, potatoes, sausage or turkey bacon as well as cold items like yogurts, cereal and fresh cut fruits. We also offer international options such as sticky rice, kim chi, miso soup and chai lattes. Hopefully on your next trip back, we would be able wow you with our Featured items which changes daily.

I again want to thank you for your response and we hope to see you back soon!

Karen Casalino-Mendez