“Friendly hotel for business trip”

Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Singapore
“Friendly hotel for business trip”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

If you visit office in Silicon Valley / Sunnyvale area, this hotel would be perfect, they have free shuttle bus to near by office every hour in the morning and evening to pickup.

The kitchen and dining area is good, but to my surprise, you cannot make hot water as they not provide kettle. One more thing difficult in this hotel is about if you from oversea and want to buy things online, their front desk is not really happy every time ask if I have package.

Room Tip: with good wifi
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JohanJohanJohan
Julissa B, Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, We take all comments of our guest very seriously, as our goal is to always improve on meeting and exceeding expectations. I will look into the issue that you have noted, in attempt to correct and improve. Thank you again, and we look forward too serving you in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
california
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Booked my trip for work. The day I was set to check in, I got an email from the front desk saying they were over sold and sending me for free to the Days Inn (which is not a good option, in fact it's a very bad option). I emailed them and told them it was not acceptable (I am a Gold member and a loyal customer). Finally I called the sales office and talked to a wonderful woman that I met at the other Residence Inn (1) (which in my opinion has a much better staff. THANK YOU). She looked up my reservation and it wasn't canceled, so she called the hotel directly for me. She saved my reservation. (Now this has been something like two hours, so I was delayed in driving down to the Bay Area because I didn't know where I was staying)

When I arrived at the hotel, the front desk person was very nice. But she didn't mention anything about the "cancellation issue" so I brought it up. She offered something from their pantry on the house for my trouble and I asked to talk to the manager on duty. That person was busy, so I didn't get to talk to her.

The next day I got an email with an apology saying this type of thing happens, long term stays and platinum members get priority. WHAT? Please don't tell me that I am not a priority. She asked me what I thought was reasonable as compensation. I said comp the room for the company I work for (they send a lot of customers to Marriott hotels and that hotel in particular and I asked for the Marriott points that were offered the day before with complementary my Day Inn hotel. I got no response back to that email which doesn't seem very professional.

To top it off, because the hotel is oversold the rates are outrageous! It's a clean comfortable hotel. The bedding is not very nice, but it works.

So frustrating.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, We take the comments of our guest very seriously to improve and exceed expectations. We apologies that we did not meet your expectations. Our Mission has always been to provide the best service ever. We have addressed the email issue to our front desk staff. Please be aware you are a PRIORITY to us and we thank you for been a loyal Marriott Guest. Regarding Compensation we sent you an email on Friday November 15, 2013 with compensation details. I will kindly do so again. Once again sincere apologies for the unfortunate incidents and wish you the very best.
Saratoga, California
Reviewed 16 October 2013

With a family of 5, we really like staying at the Residence Inn...the suites, the kitchen...the free wifi, the free breakfast...This one is no exception! Everyone at the reception is friendly, the breakfast is good and the room is nicely appointed. Unfortunately, a studio room was mistakenly booked for us which is just too tiny for our family. And the hotel was fully booked, so we couldn't move to a larger room and ended up switching to the Courtyard Marriott, so we stayed here only one night but would still highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

My Sincere thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. Your positive comments are very much appreciated by our staff, who work hard each day to make sure valued customers like yourself, are looked after. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.
Houston Texas
Reviewed 30 September 2013

As I end my week here I thought I would write this review. First off, the front desk staff is awesome. Always smiling and happy, they seem to really enjoy their job.
Very impressed with the nice appliances in the room, although I did not use them as much as I thought I would due to the free breakfast and light dinner that is offered upstairs near the gym.
My room was on the ground floor, and it was pretty obvious when a guest was in the unit above, a bit noisy when the guest was walking around.
All in all, a nice hotel in a great location, but most of all a fantastic staff

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sirsmokeyjoe
Julissa B, Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our Front Desk Staff and feedback about our hotel. It will be my pleasure to share your positive remarks with our team.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The hotel is off 101 & Lawrence Expressway and is easily accessible from both SFO & SJC airports, though you would probably need a car to move around the Sunnyvale area.

It is a business hotel with excellent, fairly large studios. There are ample amenities within each of the rooms - refrigerator, microwave, stove, etc. The service is fairly good with the front desk folks being especially helpful, going out of their way to make your stay pleasurable.

The breakfast is just about OK, though there is fresh coffee and cookies available round-the-clock at the reception.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SaifIqbal
I want to initially thank you for feedback. I would like you to know we are in the process of changing up our Breakfast with more pleasant items so our guest can highly enjoy. At Marriott we highly value your business and continued loyalty, thank you once again for your feedback.
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is it! If you're on an extended biz trip with family, say for a few weeks to a few months, this place has it all. I've come on biz trip for 2 months (July 15- Sept 15) with my family - my wife and I plus 2 girls 7 and 10 (we are still here).

The place has everything you need, and in high quality.

The unit - Penthouse Executive Suite is my very strong recommendation for families with 2 kids - Downstairs there's a closed bedroom and then there's a loft upstairs, both with queen bed, each floor with full accompanying bath (Note there is also a "Penthouse" AKA "bi-level" - difference is the downstairs is an open area with Murphy bed - i.e, living room and sleeping area together, not a closed bedroom). Our unit has a full kitchen with fridge, stove, dishwasher, everything you would need in a full-service kitchen.

Meals - There's breakfast every day and "happy hour" (= dinner) Mon-Thurs, even with a variety of nice beer and wine :-) You are even encouraged to take back to your unit if you prefer to eat in privacy with your family.

The complex - beautiful complex with very nice heated pool for the kids (an everyday activity), as well as a BBQ area that you can use to do a BBQ - also basketball and badminton; the grounds are well-kept and there are some gazebos, also with BBQ.

Service - Fantastic! The front desk folks are tremendously helpful with everything, and all with a very big smile! :-) The rest of the staff - housekeeping, maintenance (we asked to fix several things, needed some items - they came right away, did a great job, very friendly), etc. - all very professional, very friendly.

Ride to work - Yes, you heard me right - there's actually a van that drops folks off and picks folks up from work - and the driver, like all the staff, is a tremendously nice guy, always right on time. He does drop folks off at different companies so you may need to ride around a bit. I strongly recommend the 7AM drive in - very few folks take it so you can get to work quickly!

Bottom line - If you're looking for extended stay with family, as part of biz trip, or in general - look no further! The Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II scores a 10 in all categories!!!

Room Tip: Penthouse Executive Suite is my very strong recommendation for families with 2 kids - Downstairs th...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. And for all your kind words about our staff. I am so happy we were able to accommodate you and your family with the amenities we provide. Once again We appreciate your kind words we really hope to see you and your family next time.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I have stayed at both Silicon Valley Residences Inns (they are quite close to each other) and have always enjoyed my stays there on business. The upgraded suites with bedroom lofts are very nice and would work great if you have kids staying with you. Breakfast is consistently decent. Also love the renovations with granite counters in the mini kitchens.

Room Tip: If you have more than two folks, go for the upgraded rooms with loft.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank OccVegasTraveler
I want to initially thank you for your review. On behalf of the entire staff of the Residence Inn by Marriott in Sunnyvale, thank you! We hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I
Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
#6 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II? Share your experiences!