“GREAT STAY”

Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Ocala, Florida, United States
“GREAT STAY”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel is a winner by all accounts. Our room was clean and ready when we arrived. The property is very well kept, clean & quiet. We were on the first floor but heard no noise overhead. The front desk was always polite & met all our needs entirely. We wanted to extend our stay by a few days which was met with a smile and a "yes, of course!" Breakfast food was very good; there were many choices. We were not there in the evening but they do have food, beer & wine during the week that is complimentary. How nice is that? Wonderful place...we would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: This hotel is located in a quiet office complex type of area. I think any room would be good.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Julissa B, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Residence Inn by Marriott Sunnyvale Silicon Valley 2. I’m very glad that our property, the cleanliness and our service were up to your expectations.

We hope to see you in a near future and thank you for your business.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pine Plains, New York, USA
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Nice rooms with kitchens. Clean and quiet. Bathroom had a lot of counter space. The bed was comfortable with a nice assortment of pillows. There was a desk, a table for dining, a sofa and ottoman. Really everything you could need. The grounds are very well maintained and pretty

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NYBrownsFan
Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at our Residence Inn by Marriott Sunnyvale Silicon Valley 2. I’m glad the room and amenities we offer were up to your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you in a near future and thank you for your business.

Best Regards,

Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed here for a week with my wife. Stay was provided to me by my new employer. Hotel is conveniently located as there are many restaurants and grocery stores nearby. The gym is also good.
Many a parking slots are available.
The room service staff does not understand English so we had hard time communicating with them. We posted a handwritten "Do Not Disturbed" sign on the door as nothing else was available but the room service entered the suite and cleaned it up.
Limited yet sufficient breakfast options are available for vegetarians. And the breakfast room seemed overcrowded.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Julissa B, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to post a review about your stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott Sunnyvale Silicon Valley 2. We appreciate your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. I will follow up with our housekeeping team to ensure we follow our guests requests.
Thank you again for your business.

Best regards

Arizona
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Our accessible room was very clean and very well situated for handicapped. The only irritating problem was the air conditioning units just outside the wall where the bed is located. They are very noisy and even vibrate the wall. I wore earplugs! Because we were here on a holiday, we had limited evening social hours and limited evening snacks. Location is very good, with easy access to freeways and expressways. Front desk staff was not familiar with the Sunnyvale area, however, directing us to a Macy's over 7 miles away when there was one in downtown Sunnyvale, about a mile away. Hey, I didn't know this either, until my brother, who lives in the area, asked why I went so far--???!!! Lots of area traffic, so you better have good maps. Breakfast buffet was good, with a large variety of hot and cold options. Overall, very good.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms away from any air conditioning units are probably better, if you are not handicapp...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Julissa B, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott Sunnyvale Silicon Valley 2. We are glad the room was up to your standards as well as the breakfast we offer.

Thank you for your time again and we hope to see you in a near future.

Best regards,

Singapore
Reviewed 17 November 2013

If you visit office in Silicon Valley / Sunnyvale area, this hotel would be perfect, they have free shuttle bus to near by office every hour in the morning and evening to pickup.

The kitchen and dining area is good, but to my surprise, you cannot make hot water as they not provide kettle. One more thing difficult in this hotel is about if you from oversea and want to buy things online, their front desk is not really happy every time ask if I have package.

Room Tip: with good wifi
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JohanJohanJohan
Julissa B, Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, We take all comments of our guest very seriously, as our goal is to always improve on meeting and exceeding expectations. I will look into the issue that you have noted, in attempt to correct and improve. Thank you again, and we look forward too serving you in the near future.
california
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Booked my trip for work. The day I was set to check in, I got an email from the front desk saying they were over sold and sending me for free to the Days Inn (which is not a good option, in fact it's a very bad option). I emailed them and told them it was not acceptable (I am a Gold member and a loyal customer). Finally I called the sales office and talked to a wonderful woman that I met at the other Residence Inn (1) (which in my opinion has a much better staff. THANK YOU). She looked up my reservation and it wasn't canceled, so she called the hotel directly for me. She saved my reservation. (Now this has been something like two hours, so I was delayed in driving down to the Bay Area because I didn't know where I was staying)

When I arrived at the hotel, the front desk person was very nice. But she didn't mention anything about the "cancellation issue" so I brought it up. She offered something from their pantry on the house for my trouble and I asked to talk to the manager on duty. That person was busy, so I didn't get to talk to her.

The next day I got an email with an apology saying this type of thing happens, long term stays and platinum members get priority. WHAT? Please don't tell me that I am not a priority. She asked me what I thought was reasonable as compensation. I said comp the room for the company I work for (they send a lot of customers to Marriott hotels and that hotel in particular and I asked for the Marriott points that were offered the day before with complementary my Day Inn hotel. I got no response back to that email which doesn't seem very professional.

To top it off, because the hotel is oversold the rates are outrageous! It's a clean comfortable hotel. The bedding is not very nice, but it works.

So frustrating.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, We take the comments of our guest very seriously to improve and exceed expectations. We apologies that we did not meet your expectations. Our Mission has always been to provide the best service ever. We have addressed the email issue to our front desk staff. Please be aware you are a PRIORITY to us and we thank you for been a loyal Marriott Guest. Regarding Compensation we sent you an email on Friday November 15, 2013 with compensation details. I will kindly do so again. Once again sincere apologies for the unfortunate incidents and wish you the very best.
Saratoga, California
Reviewed 16 October 2013

With a family of 5, we really like staying at the Residence Inn...the suites, the kitchen...the free wifi, the free breakfast...This one is no exception! Everyone at the reception is friendly, the breakfast is good and the room is nicely appointed. Unfortunately, a studio room was mistakenly booked for us which is just too tiny for our family. And the hotel was fully booked, so we couldn't move to a larger room and ended up switching to the Courtyard Marriott, so we stayed here only one night but would still highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

My Sincere thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. Your positive comments are very much appreciated by our staff, who work hard each day to make sure valued customers like yourself, are looked after. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I
Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
#6 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II? Share your experiences!