“Competent and value for money”

Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersGold level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Competent and value for money”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Good value for money and competent service. The staff were helpful and efficient with the checkin, checkout and service over the phone. The breakfast was basic but nothing to complaint about.....there was free wifi and a PC with printer with free access...the decor of the hotel is a bit antiquated and could definitely go for an upgrade...overall a decent place.

Room Tip: Ask for an inner courtyard room
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 17 September 2011
Dear Jassimali,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about recent stay with us. We were pleased to learn that you had positive experience with us. We provide complimentary Free Wi-Fi to all the guestrooms as well as the public areas. I hope this service was helpful to meet your needs during the stay.
In regards to the decor, we will certainly pass on your comments to our Management team as well as the owners. We do appreciate your time and business. - Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Dunnellon, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This is an older hotel where my husband and I stayed for two weeks in August, 2011. I found the room to be more than adequate with a king size bed and a love seat with a coffee table. The room is equipped with a coffee maker and internet which made my life much more comfortable. The breakfast bar was very good and the employee placed in charge of it kept the supply of goodies coming. Many times when something runs out on a bar, too bad if you're part of the later crowd, not here. The rooms are clean. It would be nice if they had a microwave in the rooms, but they don't. If I needed a microwave I walked up the the front. Newspapers are provided on weekdays. The price didn't make you feel like you were getting grilled either.

Room Tip: I liked the room with a King Size bed and a Love Seat
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Amsummers, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 20 August 2011
Dear Karen 34188,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write your review about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to learn that your stay with us was satisfactory.

Your review was well written and well said about this property! Yes, we are an older property and certainly not a place to stay for "luxury"; however, we keep our price very competitive for the area and our goal is to make every and each guest's stay comfortable. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to be in your service during your stay in Sunnyvale.

Should you return to the area, we look forward to welcoming you back here at Ramada Silicon Valley!
Webster, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Granted its a budget hotel, I was expecting something cleaner. The room smelled a little bad and the sheets had that cheap hourly motel room smell (if you know what I mean).

The location is great, with easy access on and off the main highway 101, although navigating was a little hard at first as there are a few quick turns that are easily missed. Thankfully I had a GPS with me.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Amsummers, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 11 August 2011
Dear Kyle H,
Thank you for choosing Ramada Silicon Valley while you were visiting the Silicon Valley area. We also would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your review.

As you stated in the review, we are certainly not a place for the guests who are looking for "luxury", rather we are "economical" hotel for the travelers who are budget conscious.

I am lost in terms of the sheets "smell like that cheap hourly motel room." Please know we use commerical brand detergent which is approved and required by the local Environmental Health code. We sincerely apologize if it didn't smell like the brand you use at your household. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to use "everyday brand" detergent as we also use a "commerical" type washer and dryer.

We appreciate your comments.
Sacramento CA
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Stayed two nights on business.
The motel was originally a Holiday Inn, and the structure shows it. I was apprehensive at first, but decided to view the rooms.
The staff were all friendly and helpful
The rooms are basic, but comfortable. The bathroom had new fixtures, including double flush toilets and was clean. The entire room was well cleaned, did not have any noticeable odor (what is it with Fabreeze other hotels seem to spray everywhere?)
WiFi was free, and was fast where I was.
TV had enough channels to satisfy my needs.
Included breakfast was what is to be expected in hotels in the price range, Good coffee (a sticking point with me.)
A family traveling would find this hotel to be a good find
The rooms were QUIET. The walls are heavy and block sounds from adjacent rooms (something new hotels lack.)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jonthethird
Amsummers, Front Office Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Dear Jonthethird,

Thank you for choosing Ramada Silicon Valley. We also would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your review. We were glad to hear that you gave us an opportunity to serve you despite the fact you first felt "apprehensive" about staying with us. As you saw, we are an older property and certainly not a place for the traveler who is looking for a "new" or "luxurious" place to stay.

We were pleased to learn that breakfast and wireless connection were both acceptable and hotel staff were friendly.

It is our goal here at Ramada Silicon Valley to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the area.
San Mateo, CA
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I booked this hotel thru priceline and didn't read any reviews ahead of time and it was a last minute booking.
I arrived around 11:45am and front desk told me even though rooms were available i was not allowed to check-in until at least 12 noon. I waited in the lobby until about 12:15pm when I went back up to the desk to see if I could check-in yet. The girl checked me in and I only had my debit card with me so I had to leave a $100 deposit. Normally hotels just ran thru my card for whatever amount and it was a hold on my card. I just wanted to get to my room though so I left the deposit.
I ended up getting a room with 2 queen beds even though I preferred just one seeing the reservation was for me only but understand sometimes its busy...even if the parking lot is empty.
On the plus side free parking! I think internet was free but did not stay long enough to use it.
The room was way less then I expected....very old looking. Smoke smell along w/ a bathroom door that squeaked way loud! Small bathroom and not the cleanest looking bathroom. Not in the any way the maids could have done any better though, it just looked like it needed to be redone.
Not much room to put any belongings in. No fridge. Outdoor entrance to rooms. Just the outside looked really cheap.
I ended up leaving and when i tried to go back my key wouldn't work. Neither me or my friend could get the door to open. Luckily I had planned on leaving earlier and brought all my stuff w/ me. I didn't feel like going in to deal w/ front desk seeing it was 2am or something and I already saw the customer service earlier. So I just left with my friend...I called the next morning to check out and the girl would not let me check out. I really hated this place. Ended up bringing back the key later on the next night but I guess the $100 deposit was for the key (that didn't even work) so even though i brought it back, I was late so I lost my $100.
Will never go back! However if you want something super cheap and don't care about the quality this would be the place!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank BlondeGirly415
Amsummers, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 24 July 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your stay with us.
Our normal check-in time is at 3pm and check-out time is at noon. As we sometimes have a very limited housekeeping staff on site, I am assuming the rooms available were either on change or in process of getting clean when you checked in. I apologize if this caused you any inconvinience.
I am little lost by your comments on "No firdge" and "losing $100 deposit." We provdide refregiratos in all guest rooms. We do require a debit card, a credit card (NOT a prepaid credit card) or CASH deposit to check-in for all guests. We give back CASH deposit to every guest when they checkout. If you didn't receive your deposit back, then please come back to the hotel anytime with your receipt to receive your refund. Thank you for your business and comments.

-Management

Travellers are raving about these Sunnyvale hotels

Ellensburg, Washington
Reviewed 2 September 2009

Very attractive looking hotel. I was very surprised at the distinctly Japanese lobby and bar. Excellant and friendly service.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank bigcowboy8
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 March 2009

The hotel, from the outside, appears to be not just older, but a little run down. I was willing to reserve judgement until I saw the room. The initial impression of the room wasn't bad. The bedding was bright white and crisp looking with a nice luggage guard fabric going across the bed. A number of nice looking pillows topped it off. It seemed better than I thought it would be. But then I looked closer and found the room to be a little run down with dented, scuffed and stained furniture and one leg of the table practically falling off. Ok, fine. It's a good deal and who cares about the furniture, right? But then I saw the floors! The carpet in the room and the tile in the bathroom looked very dirty - as tough it hadn't been cleaned after several guests and there was also a big stain on the carpet. In hindsight, we should have reqested a new room but we were flying out very early the next morning and had already unloaded all the stuff that had collected in our car during the week and re-packing in preparation for our flight, before I really looked at the floor. The good - the bedding was nice and the bed was comfortable. The hotel staff - checking in and out - was very friendly and efficient. I would not stay here again based on our experience. Our room was located on the back side of the hotel, away from the road and was very quiet.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thughes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
The Domain Hotel
The Domain Hotel
#4 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!