“Best Value in Silicon Valley” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Cottonwood Heights, Utah
“Best Value in Silicon Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

Amazing rates. Easy to locate. Clean rooms. Wonderful pool and outdoor hot tub. Extremely friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HotSpringsLover58
, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear HotSpringsLover58,

We are delighted to learn that you found our hotel to be "Best Value" in Silicon Valley. It is our goal here at Ramada Silicon Valley for every guest to have a memorable and enjoyable stay with us. We are pleased to learn that we have met your hotel needs.

Should you return to the area, we look forward to welcoming you back.

- Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Hesperia, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

The staff was very friendly, the room was decent and bed very comfortable! Would highly recommend this hotel and would likely come back! The breakfast was very good!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear svh3403,

We were pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to be in your service. Have a wonderful day!

Santa Ana, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

So basically, you get what you pay for. Enough said. All other reviews have it right. I had to stay here for a meeting and had no choice in hotel.

Here is the upside:
The bed is comfortable
There is a 7/11, a liquor store, and a Vietnamese Pho restaurant one block away
Shower has good water pressure
There is free continental breakfast with the standard pastries, coffee, and waffles
There is free wifi

The downside:
The buildings, rooms, and decor look old and tired
Not much around the location

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Dr_Drew2
Dear Dr_Drew2,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your review on Tripadvisor.

Based on your contributions, I could see you are a loyal member of Hilton/Marriott Hotel group. We appreciate you gave us an opportunity to stay at Ramada (Wyndham Worldwide Hotel Group property) and we sincerely apologize that we didn't meet your expectations.

Please accept our sincere apologies for unable to provide Hilton/Marriott level of service during your stay. We know we are not Hilton or Marriott yet we strive ourselves in providing the best and friendly customer service as possible. We were disappointed to learn that this was not shown during your stay.

Dr_Drew2, thank you again for giving us an opportunity to be in your service and we sincerely apologize for not meeting your hotel expectations.

Lake Worth, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

This was not a good experience. The hotel is old and run down and not very clean. Taking a shower is like playing russian roulette with the hot & cold water. On the positive side, the bed was comforatble.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Dimsumchef,

We sincerely apologize for the less than satisfying stay with us.

Your comments will be addressed to our housekeeping supervisor as well as our General Manager as the room not being clean is not an acceptable practice. Despite the unpleasant stay, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed our serta pillowtop mattress.

Your comments, positive or negative, is important for us to improve our service on a daily basis. Again, please accept our sincere apologies.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

The Ramada is not a luxury hotel, by any means. It has a real motel-feel - but is surprisingly good. The beds are very comfy. The rooms are clean - but old - but clean. The TVs work well and are a good size and the fridge worked fine. The foyer's furniture is like a 70's convention centre - but who spends time in the foyer, really? The continental breakfast every morning was great. The hotel is very close to a large shopping centre with excellent restaurants/bars and is also close to the Santa Clara Convention Centre.

The biggest suprise was the Japanese restaurant inside the Ramada. I walked in late one evening and was met with a big smile and excellent service. The restaurant is well-appointed and the very well-priced plate of sashimi that was put in front of me was some of the best, freshest sashimi I have EVER tasted! And I come from Sydney, which prides itself on good seafood and sashimi/sushi.

Overall, this place is a cheap, decent place to stay and, if you're in Silicon Valley for business, aren't going to hang-out in the hotel for most of your day and haven't yet sold your Startup to Google, the Ramada Inn does the trick.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner pool and grass are by far the best.
1 Thank David F
Dear David F,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your review.

You are absolutely correct! We are nowhere near to be "luxury" and we know we are "Ramada"; however it is our goal here at Ramada Silicon Valley to esure that our guests have a positive experience each time they stay with us amd we are pleased to learn that we met your hotel needs.

We are also pleased to learn that you enjoyed "Infused" restaurant. Your comments will be addressed to the restaurant staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

South Lake Tahoe, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this property. Very clean, older but well kept. Check in staff were very friendly and helpful. Price was right too, $59 bucks plus tax, worked good for me. Room had a fridg and safe, not bad. I'd stay here again. Breakfast was pretty standard but it was well served,clean, and plentaful. Nice job Ramada.

Room Tip: I did not see any elevators for the second floor. Ask for a groundnlevel room if you have heavy lugg...
Dear Tahoe1840,

We are pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us. We strive ourselves in providing friendly customer service and glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

Should you return to the Silicon Valley area, we look forward to welcoming you back. We appreciate your time and business.

Boston, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

First of all, I must say that I am a Holiday Inn, Marriott, Hilton type of traveler. I don't often go with Ramada or Best Western because you never know what you are going to get because most are independently owned and operated. (Holiday Inn is getting to be this way as well unfortunately) I was stuck because I was going to be in the area and needed a hotel. I hate fighting Silicon Valley traffic in the morning, so decided to stay within 5 miles of my appointment in the morning. The Marriott was $280, Hilton $230 and Fairfield Inn was $219. My company does not like me spending over $200 on a room ... so I went with the Ramada after looking at the photos on their website and determining it to be a better value.

Its only one night ... and it looks clean and rennovated, right? In actuality, the hotel looked nothing like it did in the pictures on the website. The lobby looks like something straight out of the 1980s with rubber palm plants, aqua blue and pink furniture and everything looked faded as if it had been sitting there since the 1980s in the sun.

As bad as the lobby was ... nothing could prepare me for the room! THESE ROOMS HAVE EXTERIOR ENTRANCES ... the way the hotels in those tv shows where they go to arrest someone holed up at a cheesy hotel show are. So esentially there is a wall of glass and a metal chained door between you and the parking lot. I did not at all feel safe with this ... especially in the area, which is a residential neighborhood/backroad on the highway's service road. If I was a female traveler, there is no way I would stay here. I much prefer hotels that have rooms on the inside.

The room condition was terrible. The carpet looked like it was from the 70s or 80s. It was buckled in the high traffic areas near the door and by the bathroom. There were too many stains to count, including several big ones that looked like someone dropped a whole bottle of juice on the carpet several years ago. What type of hotel doesn't change the carpets for 20+ years?? The furniture as well looked at least 20 years old with knicks, scrapes and fading. It seriously looked like something out of an Unsolved Mysteries reinactment. The walls were stained ... covered with old (had to be from the 80s) wallpaper which was literally buckling in several places causing indentations. There was a layer of filthy dust on the carpet corners everywhere a vaccume wasn't easily accesible (under bed, corner of walls, under desk).

The bathroom was very small. The sink was outside with a dirty fridge next to it. The tub and fixtures/faucet and tile wall looked original to the hotel. I would be amazed if any of these were updated after the 70s ... my guess is actually that they may be original to the 60s hotel. The only thing in the bathroom that was newer was the dual flush toilet and the water saving showerhead (which was one of the worst and weakest showers I've taken). Interesting how the only two updated things in the room are designed to save the management money by saving water.

The heating unit was at least 20 years old. A beat up electric radiator/fan. It smelled like burning rubber when you turned it on for the first 30 seconds. That might be from the dust that was caked in the vents, which were bent. It was also loud and impossible to keep a comfortable temperature as it was either blowing too much hot air or not enough.

The door had seen better days and did not quite fit the jam correctly leaving slivers of light. Thank goodness for the chain and deadbolt. The window curtains blocked out some of the light ... but none of the noise. Voices and people walking past the door in the middle of the night could be heard as clear as if they were in the room and cars starting and doors slamming could be heard all night.

I propped my suitcases against the door to feel safe and keep the light out of the room. This hotel seriously needs to be considered for one of tripadvisor's worst picks. The management should be embarassed of the condition of this hotel. It is shameful. In one of the other reviews the manager writes that he 'understands and apologizes for the condition of the hotel but the economy has forced a planned rennovation to be rescheduled', The economy doesn't seem to be hurting too much because according to the front desk clerk the hotel was completely booked while I was there, which is why he couldn't switch my room.

Don't blame the economy for the condition of this hotel. It is a serious lack of maintenence and care that made the hotel look this way ... I don't care how bad you claim the economy is ... that is no excuse to have 20 year old carpet in the rooms stained and buckled. And furthermore, don't place pictures on the website that make this look new and polished. There isn't a single picture on the site which accurately describes the horrible condition of this property.

As for the breakfast ... it was standard hotel breakfast. A waffle maker, english muffins, mini-blueberry muffins and yogurt. And an giant odd bowl of hard boiled eggs. The only good thing I could say about this hotel is that the bed was comfortable and the internet was free. (unsafe, unsecured wireless network ... very surprising in a place like Silicon Valley). However, the bed might have been comfortable ... but the comforter was stained in 3 places with a dark liquid that resembled dried blood from a cut or scrape. I slept with a sheet.

This was the worst hotel I have stayed at all year. I understand that it is half the price of the big hotels such as Marriott or Hilton ... but that is no excuse for the horrible condition of the hotel. I would seriously have taken $100 out of my pocket to stay at one of the other hotels or driven 20 minutes longer to avoid staying a single night here. The beat up big majority of cars made 20 years ago parked in the lot should have given me a tipoff that I was going to be in for a rough night. The scariest thing about this place is that it has a restaurant that serves Sush/raw fish in it!

Room Tip: Dont go by hotel pictures when choosing your room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LovinHotelLife
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley
#21 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley
Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel

Been to Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!