Ramada Silicon Valley
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$311
US$219
Wild Palms
Best Western Silicon Valley Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$158
US$133
US$121
QualityInn
US$195
Country Inn
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$220
The Grand Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$218
Maple Tree Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$231
Courtyard Sunnyvale Mountain View(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$386
US$176
US$150
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
All reviewslevi stadiumnothing fancybagelsthe wi fihot tubthe breakfast areabusiness tripfreewayspeedvalley
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I booked the hotel for 3 nights, the staff was very friendly and supportive e.g. they kept a parcel which was delivered by UPS one week before my arrival.

The breakfast included fresh fruits and the room was clean and spacious.

The only complaint was the hight of the shower - it's too low for people 6" and above.

Nevertheless the price/performance ratio is great and I will return for sure.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Friemens,

Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay with us. We were pleased to learn that your stay met your hotel needs. We were also pleased to learn that our complimentary continental breakfast was satisfactory.

Should you return to the Silicon Valley area, we look forward to welcoming you back. We appreciate your business and comments.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My son and I arrived at the Ramada in Silicon Valley for a five day stay to see San Francisco and attend The Bridge School Benefit Concert (a wonderful experience). On arrival it was obvious the hotel was under renovation with many rooms being gutted. The room we stayed in was not yet renovated but in dire need of renovation. The pool was unheated even in October so quite unusable. The restaurant and bar were closed until 5 PM weekdays and closed completely on the weekend. I have been a "frequent stayer" at Ramadas and many other hotels for more than a decade and found all of this surprising but we were determined to live with it. The challenges above would soon prove minor.

The bar/restaurant was closed weekends so the hotel could "sublet" the facility for private parties. They had a Halloween themed party with huge speakers that shook the whole hotel this weekend. I went to the front desk and asked the uniformed security person to ask them to turn it down or at least close the sliding glass doors that opened on the courtyard dozens of rooms shared with the bar. He said I could go talk to them myself. They had had many complaints but could do nothing as the bar was sublet. The party ran until 2 AM with drunks laughing, shouting, bouncing off our door and stumbling down the walkway outside our room even later.

So this Ramada in Silicon Valley was a dump run by people who don't care about guests. The restaurant/bar was unavailable to serve guests so they could rent it for loud parties further destroying their guests experience, not to mention sleep. Our experience was easily the worst of a thousand nights staying in hotels.

Room Tip: Use another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Very run down hotel. My room had lots of ants. Front desk people don't care and are not trained to handle issues.
I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Gary W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are very sorry that you had a less than satisfactory stay with us and you felt our front desk staff wasn't trained well.

On checking the Manager On Duty reports as well as the front desk logs for the dates of your stay, it appears you had issue during your check-in process. Approximately 45 minutes after you checked in, one of our front desk staff called your room to ensure guest satisfaction, you mentioned few things that you had issue with. When our front desk staff offered to come to fix the issue, unfortunately, you declined our offer. Our front desk always try to fix the issue immediately (if that is something they are able to do) that it is very unfortunate that we were unable to assist you then. Ants issue you mentioned were never brought to our attention until at the time of checkout. Again, had we been made aware of the situation during your stay, we could have fixed the problem immediately.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory stay. We are currently in the process of soft renovations. We will continue training our housekeeping staff to clean carefully, deeply and thoroughly.

Gary W, we appreciate your business and feedback.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was booked here by my company for a week stay and I only stayed two nights before being switched to another hotel closer to the airport. The rooms are not only outdated but disgustingly dirty. I was initially booked into a smoking room, then moved to a non-smoking room that was located DIRECTLY ABOVE A SMOKING ROOM so there was really no difference. The first room they had me in was gutted for remodeling the next day. The second room they put me in, both rooms to either side were gutted for remodeling and the dust from the construction kicked up my allergies to the point it was difficult to sleep.

The carpets in both rooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years. I was too afraid to walk around barefoot so stayed in my socks...which I had to throw away after washing because of the dirt and oil that they picked up from the hotel room floors.

My co-worker, who came in two days after I did and was booked in to the same hotel, had the same experience only worse. In her second room, not only was it outdated and had disgusting carpets...but she found hairs on her bed....short, curly hairs. Both of us and another co-worker, who was lucky enough to not have to stay here at all, were moved to another hotel. We will NOT be booking any further stays at this hotel in future.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms....book somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Nicole L,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your review on TripAdvisor. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay with us.

According to our records, your reservation was booked for a Smoking room for 5 nights through Orbitz. We are very sorry if you were not aware of the hotel under renovation. This notice is listed on Orbitz website under the "Policies and fees."

In regards to the cleanliness of the guestrooms, please know it is not typical of the housekeeping service we generally provide. Please also know that your feedback was taken seriously and will be shared with our housekeeping staff to review and evaluate their training.

Nicole L, we apologize again for the less than satisfactory stay with us.