“The hotel is being upgraded. It is close to the movies...”

Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Reviewed 3 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hassan R
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I stayed at the Ramada Inn for a little over 3 months during an internship starting September, so this review would be most helpful to those who wish to stay long-term in this hotel. Overall it was a great experience. The staff was very friendly and the discounted price I ended up paying was more affordable than that in other residential places offering furnished rooms within the same area (even without the company discount, I'd say the price would still be fairly reasonable). The beds were really comfy, the TVs had a pretty good mix of channels, the air conditioners functioned properly, the rooms were clean and well-maintained, and the food was decent. I ended up staying in two different rooms because I had to go to a conference in Baltimore in mid-October; surprisingly, the second room I stayed in was the better of the two, despite being located right next to the gym (I was told that this was the only room at the time that had been fully renovated with the new furniture).

The location was also very convenient for me - by car, it was about 6 mins away from work, around 2 mins away from the AMC Mercado theatre (I watch a lot of movies), and around 3-4 mins away from the Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church, where I went to mass every Sunday. There's a Japanese restaurant at the hotel's location that I never got the chance to visit (the hours are a little odd), but I did get to (frequently) visit this good Vietnamese restaurant (Pho Nam) that's walking distance from the hotel.

The only complaints I have are pretty minor. First, there were a couple of instances when my room wasn't cleaned (by the house cleaning staff), even though there was no "Do Not Disturb" magnet posted outside. Second, the Wi-Fi there can get pretty slow, which I found a bit annoying when trying to do work at home since my research as a computer engineer typically required Internet access; however, while certainly not ideal, the speed is tolerable. Again, pretty minor gripes.

I remember one of the staff members joked that I was staying in the "Presidential Suite", and for the sake of literal accuracy, I promptly responded by saying, "It didn't feel like it." While I can't quite go along with the "presidential suite" hyperbole, I had a truly pleasant stay overall and that, to me, is more than enough.

Room Tip: Room right next to the gym is closer to the WiFi router, apparently, so if you want to see even a sm...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Frolin O,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We were pleased to learn your stay met your hotel needs.

We are not extended stay property with limited amenities yet we offer competitive price. The rate you received was exclusively negotiated with the company and glad to hear that you felt the price was affordable for your long term stay with us.

The information you received from our front desk was correct. In fact, the room you stayed was the very first renovated room with new furniture. Although you may not felt you were in the "Presidential suite", it was a special room and glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Frolin O, we know you had many hotels to choose from and we thank you for choosing Ramada Silicon Valley. Should you return to the Silicon Valley area, we hope to welcome you back. We appreciate your business and comments.

- Management

Reviewed 24 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 November 2013

It's a very good Hotel with a good price, clean bedroom, easy access to the US 101 Route (and others) and the front desk people are very nice.
It was my second time there. I recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Luis M,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We were pleased to learn that your stay was satisfactory.

We also wanted to thank you for choosing Ramada Silicon Valley for the 2nd time for your accommodation needs. We know you had many hotels to choose from and we thank you for your loyal business and feedback.

Luis M, we hope to be in your service again should you return to the Silicon Valley area.

- Management

Reviewed 23 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Maple Tree Inn
Maple Tree Inn
#6 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale

Been to Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!