“Should be better after renovation”

Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersGold level
Michigan
“Should be better after renovation”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The hotel is currently under renovation. Unfortunately, our room was not renovated. A little dirty, AC/Heat unit VERY loud, as a result we couldn't run it at night because it kept us awake and it got very cold. Broken hair dryer, unable to swivel TV for others to watch. Should be better once renovation is complete. Decent location, staff was friendly and it was quiet.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Wendy L,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate both positive and negative feedback from our guests and we apologize for the areas that we fell short on your expectations during your stay.

According to our documentation, we found you called the Front Desk to report the hair dryer not working that our Front Desk staff immediately contacted Housekeeping supervisor to visit your room for inspection. Our housekeeping supervisor reported back to the Front Desk that hair dryer in the room was NOT broken, rather the guest requested to have a different dryer to dry hair quicker. We hope the alternative hair dryer that we offered you during your stay was acceptable.

In your review, you mentioned that TV in room doesn't swivel that I personally went to the room (Rm 154) to inspect. I am happy to report that TV does swivel; however I see why you may had trouble watching TV as this was set on the older furniture. Please know all guestrooms will be updated and we hope to resolve the issue that you had experienced during your recent stay.

Wendy L, we know you had many hotels to choose from and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to be in your service. We hope to welcome you back once we complete our current update. We appreciate your business and comments.

- Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I booked the Remada online as I was attending a funeral in SanJose. I had never visited San Jose before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I booked at the Remada as my other family said they were staying in the same hotel. When we checked in I wasn't expecting much, the room was clean and presentable. I accepted that this was a Motel not a Hotel and that it did require a facelift.
There was no soul to this building and no welcoming feel.
My biggest disappointment was the cost - it was approx $96.00 a night for a twin share room.
Now soon I found out my family had checked out of the Remada as they were disappointed with the standard and were now staying at the Marriot Inn - which was located 10mins down the road. The Marriot Inn was luxury - for $10.00 more they got a king sized suite with a kitchen and lounge room and it was a newer building with a refreshing feel.
We ended up checking out of the Remada after seeing the Marriot Inn and had no Regrets.
Not a bad motel - just shop around as you can get more bang for your buck$$.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear LHath 1,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post review on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to learn that we didn't meet your accommodation needs.

As you may have noticed during your stay, we are currently in process of updating existing guestrooms. We are also planning to update common areas in the future. Your business and satisfaction are important to us that we appreciate both positive and negative feedback to improve our service.

We are glad to hear that you found the accommodation near by with little extra cost to meet your hotel needs. We hope you give us another chance to be in your service should you return to the area and welcome you back with updated property.

LHath 1, we thank you for choosing Ramada Silicon Valley. We appreciate your business and comments.

Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I stayed at the Ramada Inn for a little over 3 months during an internship starting September, so this review would be most helpful to those who wish to stay long-term in this hotel. Overall it was a great experience. The staff was very friendly and the discounted price I ended up paying was more affordable than that in other residential places offering furnished rooms within the same area (even without the company discount, I'd say the price would still be fairly reasonable). The beds were really comfy, the TVs had a pretty good mix of channels, the air conditioners functioned properly, the rooms were clean and well-maintained, and the food was decent. I ended up staying in two different rooms because I had to go to a conference in Baltimore in mid-October; surprisingly, the second room I stayed in was the better of the two, despite being located right next to the gym (I was told that this was the only room at the time that had been fully renovated with the new furniture).

The location was also very convenient for me - by car, it was about 6 mins away from work, around 2 mins away from the AMC Mercado theatre (I watch a lot of movies), and around 3-4 mins away from the Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church, where I went to mass every Sunday. There's a Japanese restaurant at the hotel's location that I never got the chance to visit (the hours are a little odd), but I did get to (frequently) visit this good Vietnamese restaurant (Pho Nam) that's walking distance from the hotel.

The only complaints I have are pretty minor. First, there were a couple of instances when my room wasn't cleaned (by the house cleaning staff), even though there was no "Do Not Disturb" magnet posted outside. Second, the Wi-Fi there can get pretty slow, which I found a bit annoying when trying to do work at home since my research as a computer engineer typically required Internet access; however, while certainly not ideal, the speed is tolerable. Again, pretty minor gripes.

I remember one of the staff members joked that I was staying in the "Presidential Suite", and for the sake of literal accuracy, I promptly responded by saying, "It didn't feel like it." While I can't quite go along with the "presidential suite" hyperbole, I had a truly pleasant stay overall and that, to me, is more than enough.

Room Tip: Room right next to the gym is closer to the WiFi router, apparently, so if you want to see even a sm...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Frolin O,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We were pleased to learn your stay met your hotel needs.

We are not extended stay property with limited amenities yet we offer competitive price. The rate you received was exclusively negotiated with the company and glad to hear that you felt the price was affordable for your long term stay with us.

The information you received from our front desk was correct. In fact, the room you stayed was the very first renovated room with new furniture. Although you may not felt you were in the "Presidential suite", it was a special room and glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Frolin O, we know you had many hotels to choose from and we thank you for choosing Ramada Silicon Valley. Should you return to the Silicon Valley area, we hope to welcome you back. We appreciate your business and comments.

- Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley
Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Maple Tree Inn
Maple Tree Inn
#5 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!