Ramada Silicon Valley
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$311
US$219
Wild Palms
Best Western Silicon Valley Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$158
US$133
US$121
QualityInn
US$195
Country Inn
The Grand Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$218
Maple Tree Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$231
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$220
Hotels.com
Courtyard Sunnyvale Mountain View(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$386
US$176
US$150
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
All reviewslevi stadiumnothing fancybagelsthe wi fihot tubthe breakfast areabusiness tripfreewayspeedvalley
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I've written a couple of reviews extolling the virtues of older lodging. Maybe it's because I'm older myself. I'm more comfortable in a place where I can't hear my neighbor sneeze, fart or snore. I don't care about getting fresh-baked cookies and a latte at the front desk if the walls are so thin that I can transcribe someone else's cell phone conversation.

For my tastes, this hotel fills the bill. I was in a renovated room with nice carpeting, a new and very comfortable Simmons Beautyrest pillow-top bed, new hair dryer, new TV, new fridge, new almost everything except bathroom tile and paint on the door. The neighborhood is extremely quiet, so much so that I felt it necessary to tiptoe out to get something to eat in the middle of the night. The overnight clerk was especially accommodating when I forgot my room key on a late-night meal excursion.

The best part for me was the unusually fast wireless connection.

I had plenty of hot water at all hours and the towels were really nice. Breakfast was basic continental fare but if you have three minutes to spare you can make a Belgian waffle. Of the things I worry about based on past experience with outside corridor hotels: there were no refrigerated trucks idling up and down outside my door all night, and nobody had a conversation outside while I was there. In fact the only person I saw anywhere near the guest rooms was a German tech guy who went outside to smoke in the morning and then came to breakfast.

The pool was very nice and I wish I'd brought my bathing suit. The workout room had new equipment and made me want to give that a shot.

Overall this Ramada is an excellent value and you can tell that the owner is trying to compete in a crowded market. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear wilmtrvlr,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We were pleased to learn you had a pleasant stay with us. Your thorough feedback about our property is very much appreciated.

We are definitely not brand new property. We admit this is an older property with updating in progress. Unfortunately, current update plans only covers guestroom upgrades yet we value and appreciate guest feedback. Our goal is to provide accommodation at reasonable cost and we were glad to hear you felt we offer excellent value.

wilmtrvlr, we know you had many hotels to choose from and we thank you for choosing Ramada Silicon Valley. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

- Management

Reviewed 1 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Reviewed 1 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Reviewed 29 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed three nights at this hotel and had a pleasant stay. The front of the hotel is nondescript, but as you drive to the side where the rooms are, the grounds are very nice. My room overlooked the pool and grassy area with very pretty landscaping. My room had been renovated and was very nice. It was roomy, very clean, and had everything I needed. Everyone I met was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay on the inside facing the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear westerntrips,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We were pleased to learn we met you hotel needs. We also want to thank you for taking pictures and posted on TripAdvisor.

Our room updates are almost complete and glad to hear you liked our newly updated room. Should you return to Silicon Valley area, we look forward to welcoming you back.

westerntrips, we know you had many hotels to choose from and we thank you for choosing Ramada Silicon Valley. We appreciate your business and comments.

- Management