“Definitely would stay here again!”

Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersGold level
Ellensburg, Washington
“Definitely would stay here again!”
Reviewed 2 September 2009

Very attractive looking hotel. I was very surprised at the distinctly Japanese lobby and bar. Excellant and friendly service.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank bigcowboy8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 March 2009

The hotel, from the outside, appears to be not just older, but a little run down. I was willing to reserve judgement until I saw the room. The initial impression of the room wasn't bad. The bedding was bright white and crisp looking with a nice luggage guard fabric going across the bed. A number of nice looking pillows topped it off. It seemed better than I thought it would be. But then I looked closer and found the room to be a little run down with dented, scuffed and stained furniture and one leg of the table practically falling off. Ok, fine. It's a good deal and who cares about the furniture, right? But then I saw the floors! The carpet in the room and the tile in the bathroom looked very dirty - as tough it hadn't been cleaned after several guests and there was also a big stain on the carpet. In hindsight, we should have reqested a new room but we were flying out very early the next morning and had already unloaded all the stuff that had collected in our car during the week and re-packing in preparation for our flight, before I really looked at the floor. The good - the bedding was nice and the bed was comfortable. The hotel staff - checking in and out - was very friendly and efficient. I would not stay here again based on our experience. Our room was located on the back side of the hotel, away from the road and was very quiet.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thughes

Travellers are raving about these Sunnyvale hotels

sacramento
Reviewed 3 June 2008

The Inn may be nice, but the accounting staff is horrible! They charged both of my fiance's visa cards and then when I called to get my money back, told me that they had no record of his stay. I called only two days after he stayed. I had to fax the accounting manager Santi (who mocked me on the telephone) both account statements proving he was charged and still got no results. I am currently disputing the charges through my bank, but I will NEVER reccomend this Inn to anybody, nor will we ever stay in another Ramada again!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — the accounting staff
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank cccp916
HotelierRSV, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 23 June 2008
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. After reading your review shortly after it was posted we immediately attempted to contact you via the email link on the posting however to date we have not had a response from you. As we do not have access to your details we are unable to do any research on your complaint however we do apologise if it was not dealt with in a prompt and professional manner as it is our goal here at Ramada Silicon Valley to ensure that our guests receive the best possible service each and every time they stay with us. We sincerely hope that you will return to stay with us on your next trip to the area so that we can prove to you that customer service is our number one priority here at Ramada Silicon Valley.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 February 2008

After scouring the hotels in the area I settled on this one because of cost. The hotel is not overly appealing but I found the room to be in good condition and the bed was top of the line.

Did not use any other amenities in the hotel so I can not comment. Be sure to book courtyard or rear as hotel is near 101 freeway.

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — The highway noise
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank Allenman63
Atlanta
Reviewed 17 November 2007

I travel average around 2 times per month in the last 5 years on business. I came to Sunnyvale for a 10 day business trip. I love this hotel. This Hotel is sticking out as well above average. The building itself is kind of old, but they keep it very well maintained.

I found my room to be very well cleaned which I am particular about. I stayed in 5 star hotels where you don't want to walk around barefoot. This one is cool. Very neat and clean. My co-worker got a smoking room and is not so happy, it is either that these rooms are kind of different or it is that fact that he is a little picky sometimes.

I can recommend this place.

P.S. The Hot Breakfast Bar is AMAZING. You can skip lunch after these breakfasts here.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank Ben_99
San Diego
Reviewed 11 July 2007

My company booked me into this motel on my first trip to the area. I was not particularly impressed with the place. The property is right up against the busy CA-101 freeway, so unless you are on the back side of the motel it can be a little noisy. The room was average. The complimentary breakfast was nothing to brag about - I would have preferred going someplace else and paying for a decent meal.
The place isn't horrible, but I did have higher expectations for a Ramada.
Needless to say, I have not gone back.

• Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank Spence_SD
HotelierRSV, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 24 July 2007
Thank you for your comments. In regards to noise levels, although we are close to Highway 101 our rooms are well insulated and once inside there is no noticeable freeway noise regardless of the room location. We make every attempt to offer items on our breakfast buffet that will provide something for everyone. These items include 4 hot items (bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and potatoes), cold cuts and cheese, yogurt, fresh fruit, assorted juices, breakfast breads including fresh bagels and croissants and assorted cereals. We also offer a full a la carte breakfast menu that includes items not found on the buffet. We appeciate your comments and are sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expecations.
Chicago
Reviewed 26 May 2007

I stayed at the Ramada Silicon Valley this week for three nights and I had a great stay. I had such a good night's sleep on the beds. They were so comfortable!
The lobby is very inviting and I was greeted warmly by the front desk staff when I checked-in.
The hotel has a beautiful tropical courtyard where you can sit under a shady umbrella or relax by the pool.
I ate most of my meals at their wonderful restaurant. One night I ate at the sushi bar and the sushi was so fresh. They also have a wide selection of dishes on their menu. Don't miss breakfast! It was fantastic!
Whether I was enjoying a meal in the restaurant or relaxing by the pool, the staff was very friendly and helpful.
I appreciated having wireless internet throughout the entire property so I could do my work.
I couldn't have asked for more. I had such a wonderful stay and I will definitely be returning!

• Liked — A very comfortable stay!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007
1 Thank star16
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
The Domain Hotel
The Domain Hotel
#5 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!