“Nice Hotel in Sunnyvale”

Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice Hotel in Sunnyvale”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had a very nice stay. Hotel staff were very attentive. Location was convenient to highways, but was also secluded and noise free. Our room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel. Breakfast included everything your could want. Parking was excellent. Overall the location was great and the price was easy on the pocketbook.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Walt53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The whole overall stay and hotel by far the best I experienced in awhile from the Manager to the hotel Staff customer service EXCELLENT Rooms Clean Comfortable and up to date the best Quality Inn by far. What makes this hotel best quality is the staff friendly ,professional.,accomodating , greeted with a smile and I loved that the maids didn't come knockin at my door distrubing my sleep at 8 in the morning and breakfast mmmm excellent.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Loladanceurheartout
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed here for two nights on a recent business trip. The property was sub-par in just about every respect. In my room, the baseboards were busted up, there was a hole in the wall (patched with several yellow sticky notes), the tv was ancient, and the carpets were worn. The shower was difficult to adjust--running alternately too hot or too cold for several minutes until I finally got it dialed in just right. The fan in the bathroom sounded like a freight train moving at high speed. On the positive side, the bed wasn't uncomfortable and it seemed clean and they provide free wi-fi.

They are going through a renovation, which is much needed. The back parking lot was filled with mountains of old mattresses, broken furniture, artwork, etc., so the view from my window was less-than-ideal. (I'll post a pic....)

Overall, I wasn't impressed and will give this property a pass the next time I visit.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Niedernhausen, Germany
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I don't understand all the bad reviews. Our room was extremely nice, we paid just about 80 dollars, it was a great deal. I really liked the bed. Room was very clean and cozy. Located close to the city, quiet. What more can you expect?

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank apiaWiesbaden
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This place was booked for me by someone else for a recent business trip, and when I read the reviews I was expecting the worst! Have to say I was pleasantly surprised - it's not the Ritz, but it's fine for a short stay, and far from the worst hotel I've stayed in! A group of four of us stayed for four nights, and we have few complaints. The building is old and tatty, the receptionist makes it obvious she doesn't like you very much, and it's not in the most salubrious part of town, but, on the flipside, it's VERY cheap, it's relatively clean, the breakfast is good, and you get a good nights sleep (or at least I did!). Overall I would say it's an ideal option for a quick trip where you are out of the hotel early in the morning, and dont get back until late in the evening - ideal for a business trip. I'd be happy to book it for the next trip to Sunnyvale.

Room Tip: Free Wifi - but you must get a new code from reception each time you log in for some reason.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I was really impressed by the hotel staff. I had an elderly client staying there while waiting for her apartment to be ready and they really went the extra mile to help her. They made sure she got to breakfast every morning, helped her with anything she needed, arranged for taxis when she ran any errands, and watched out for her. I wasn't able to get over there to see her, so this review is based only on the staff and service, but they really went the extra mile to help her with anything she needed. Something I've noticed lacking in other hotels where I've personally stayed.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Rapid City
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights while visiting family in Sunnyvale. I read all of the other reviews so I was a bit prepared, but still found it dissapointing. The front desk girl only stopped watching her movie and listening to her earbuds after we walked up and had to ask her to check us in. The room was absolutely tiny!! We obviously were not in the "suites" part of the hotel. You had to walk sideways to get between the bed and tv (which did not even work). Half of the lights in our room were not plugged in, and we had to search to find the outlets just to plug them in. We actually had no problem sleeping, the bed wasnt too bad. I would just reccommend that if you are looking for a decent place to enjoy your stay at all and maybe relax a little, do not stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple