There was a major construction going on in the lobby. I had not been advised about this at time of booking. The related noise did not allow to meet with guests, neither in the lobby nor in the breakfast room. Frequent interruptions of internet, no reliable information when it would work again. Phone in room had keyboard malfunction (digit 3 not working). Luggage left there for the next stay (a couple of days later) was not protected against dust caused by construction work - had to be cleaned by myself.
Shower temperature control was close to impossible (knob not attached firmly). Breakfast items were not filled up automatically, guests had to claim. Manager for accepting claims was not available but on vacation ! Promise by the check-in staff (at checking in for the second stay) that stay would be discounted was not followed up.
This was my first stay to a Choice Hotel after many years. After excellent, pro-active service by their UK customer care team (Sonia) for booking and registering me for their loyalty card, the result on-site was just annoying.
Not related to this hotel but to choicehotels in general: There was an advertisement offering a 50 USD gift voucher for min 2 stays with min 2 days each. When trying to register I realized that for choicehotels a non US citizen seems to have less value. Although I (probably) paid the same amount for my stay as US citizens did, as European I was not eligible for the gift voucher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn hotel is located on Weddell Drive in Sunnyvale, California. The convenient location of this Sunnyvale hotel in only 2 miles from the Santa Clara Convention Center and California’s Great America Theme Park. The hotel is also only 6 miles from the San Jose International Airport (SJC) and close to other popular attractions such as the Winchester Mystery House, Rosicrucian Museum, Stanford University and Santa Clara University. Whether you’re visiting Sunnyvale for business or pleasure, our ideal location between Mountain View, Santa Clara, and San Jose puts you within a short distance of everything you need. Our guest rooms at the Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley accommodate from 1 to 5 people across a few different room types including: 1 Queen Bed, 1 King Bed, 2 Queen Beds, and the 1 King Bed Suite. All of our rooms come well equipped with microwaves,refrigerators, coffee makers, desks, curved shower rods, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and safes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley Hotel Sunnyvale
- Quality Inn And Suites Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley
- Quality Inn Hotel Sunnyvale
- Quality Inn Sunnyvale
- Sunnyvale Quality Inn