“Better stay out of the dust”

Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 21 June 2014

There was a major construction going on in the lobby. I had not been advised about this at time of booking. The related noise did not allow to meet with guests, neither in the lobby nor in the breakfast room. Frequent interruptions of internet, no reliable information when it would work again. Phone in room had keyboard malfunction (digit 3 not working). Luggage left there for the next stay (a couple of days later) was not protected against dust caused by construction work - had to be cleaned by myself.

Shower temperature control was close to impossible (knob not attached firmly). Breakfast items were not filled up automatically, guests had to claim. Manager for accepting claims was not available but on vacation ! Promise by the check-in staff (at checking in for the second stay) that stay would be discounted was not followed up.

This was my first stay to a Choice Hotel after many years. After excellent, pro-active service by their UK customer care team (Sonia) for booking and registering me for their loyalty card, the result on-site was just annoying.

Not related to this hotel but to choicehotels in general: There was an advertisement offering a 50 USD gift voucher for min 2 stays with min 2 days each. When trying to register I realized that for choicehotels a non US citizen seems to have less value. Although I (probably) paid the same amount for my stay as US citizens did, as European I was not eligible for the gift voucher.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
BobDPatel, Owner at Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the TripAdvisr online survey regarding your recent stay at our Quality Inn & Suites Sunnyvale.

We are in the process of remodeling the lobby, meeting & breakfast rooms, as well as the guest room corridors. The tile work in the hotel lobby caused a lot more dust (from the removal of the old tiles) than we expected. I apologize for your poor experience.

Please contact the hotel GM, Premal at (408) 7343742 (he's back from vacation) to address your other concerns

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit we can meet beat your expectations.

Owner

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is actually the best Quality Inn I stayed at. I've used Quality Inn at Walnut, CA, Orlando, and San Juan. Compared to the latter 2, this one actually have clean, comfortable rooms, spacious beds, and a big breakfast area. The breakfast selection was also great, with hot waffles, eggs, bacon sausage, etc, to go along with cereal and pastries.

The only downside is probably the location. There is really no shops and restaurants nearby within walking distance. If you want to go anywhere, it will have to be by car. If you have no car, you will be stuck in your room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
BobDPatel, Owner at Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Jay,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and on your complements to the staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel should be shut down, if not, otherwise rename to motel 6. It feels like a motel in the cheapest area of your local town.

I was traveling for business and picked this hotel because it was on the list of the hotels to book from the corporate travel agency. I called them to recommend for them to remove this place for the list.

I actually checked out after the first, although I had reservations for five nights. I ate the cost for the second night and checked in at another hotel. It was well worth it to me, I did not feel safe in this place. The front desk receptionist was very accommodating as she understood my concern. I am not the first person who checks in and checks back out.

I could not sleep the first night from the fear that someone would break in. The place is dirty and the people look sketchy.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank snshn3

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor online survey regarding your recent stay at our Quality Inn & Suites Sunnyvale.

Please contact the hotel GM, Premal, at (408) 7343742 directly to talk thru your concerns.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have stayed here off and on over the past five years whenever I am in the Bay area. I have always found the service excellent and the Manager and the staff very courteous and helpful, going the extra mile to make my stay pleasant and comfortable. The breakfast is sumptuous and the location convenient for public transport. I would like to thank Premal, Lucy, Palmyra and a couple of other staff (whose names, unfortunately, I haven't noted!) for all their help in making my stay enjoyable. I would strongly recommend this hotel for convenience, value for money and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Raghu,

Your feedback is very important to us and I will pass on your complements to the staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed here in September 2013 and it's so comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. The staff were so friendly. The room was also good, I had a good sleep every night. It's better to choose a room facing south, there is a Will come to here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd floor and 3nd floor are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Yanhong S

Dear Yanhong,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 weeks, it's very comfortable, the staff was very friendly, the breakfast was delicious, there're a basketball court and a tennis court nearby, it's better to choose a southern room.

Peter Zhang from Neusoft..

Room Tip: It's better to choose a southern room, it'll be warmer than northern ones.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank PeterZha

Dear Peter,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I and my partner stayed here in august 2013 and loved it!! Bed was comfortable staff were so friendly and helpful breakfast was nice.

Professional and exetremly customer focused staff, very friendly and accomodating. Rooms are warm, cozy and cleam, extremely affordable within walking distance of subway and Times Square. excellent breakfast.Highlt recommend. I will be staying at this property when visiting

Jian Liu form Neusoft

Room Tip: Room 320. very quiet and clean, warm.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business