“Not bad”

Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel in 8/2014 because this is what my agency recommended. Overall, after I was finally put in bigger and better room; it wasn't that bad except for the hot hallways and construction going on....other than that it was ok...the staff is very accomodating

Room Tip: Only request large King rooms with full bathroom!! Number 237 is pretty good
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
BobDPatel, Owner at Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Sherri,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.
We are in the process of the remodeling the hotel (ie., breakfast room, hallway corridor, ...), and the corridors painting should be complete next week.

Owner

Quality Inn & Suites
408 7343742

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Very nice ...been going for a couple months and I must say I haven't did a review because my stay was never bad at all , so I didn't do a review. But I recommend this hotel...free breakfast If you get up early enough it's a quiet hotel, very nice for a getaway

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us, and I will pas on your complements to the staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Whenever I am in town for business I always stay at the Quatlity Inn. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very spacious and they do offer spacious suites. They are centrally located and gas,food, freeways and shopping are all within a few miles. I never have any complaints here and they do offer free WIFI un-like a lot of the hotels in the area. Parking is also free, and hassle free. Some of the best things this hotel has to offer!! Flat screens, micowaves and ref in all rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The King bed rooms are the most spacious.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very important to us and I will pass on your complements to the staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

There was a major construction going on in the lobby. I had not been advised about this at time of booking. The related noise did not allow to meet with guests, neither in the lobby nor in the breakfast room. Frequent interruptions of internet, no reliable information when it would work again. Phone in room had keyboard malfunction (digit 3 not working). Luggage left there for the next stay (a couple of days later) was not protected against dust caused by construction work - had to be cleaned by myself.

Shower temperature control was close to impossible (knob not attached firmly). Breakfast items were not filled up automatically, guests had to claim. Manager for accepting claims was not available but on vacation ! Promise by the check-in staff (at checking in for the second stay) that stay would be discounted was not followed up.

This was my first stay to a Choice Hotel after many years. After excellent, pro-active service by their UK customer care team (Sonia) for booking and registering me for their loyalty card, the result on-site was just annoying.

Not related to this hotel but to choicehotels in general: There was an advertisement offering a 50 USD gift voucher for min 2 stays with min 2 days each. When trying to register I realized that for choicehotels a non US citizen seems to have less value. Although I (probably) paid the same amount for my stay as US citizens did, as European I was not eligible for the gift voucher.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
BobDPatel, Owner at Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the TripAdvisr online survey regarding your recent stay at our Quality Inn & Suites Sunnyvale.

We are in the process of remodeling the lobby, meeting & breakfast rooms, as well as the guest room corridors. The tile work in the hotel lobby caused a lot more dust (from the removal of the old tiles) than we expected. I apologize for your poor experience.

Please contact the hotel GM, Premal at (408) 7343742 (he's back from vacation) to address your other concerns

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit we can meet beat your expectations.

Owner
Zhongshan, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is actually the best Quality Inn I stayed at. I've used Quality Inn at Walnut, CA, Orlando, and San Juan. Compared to the latter 2, this one actually have clean, comfortable rooms, spacious beds, and a big breakfast area. The breakfast selection was also great, with hot waffles, eggs, bacon sausage, etc, to go along with cereal and pastries.

The only downside is probably the location. There is really no shops and restaurants nearby within walking distance. If you want to go anywhere, it will have to be by car. If you have no car, you will be stuck in your room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
BobDPatel, Owner at Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Jay,

Your feedback is very important to us and on your complements to the staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel should be shut down, if not, otherwise rename to motel 6. It feels like a motel in the cheapest area of your local town.

I was traveling for business and picked this hotel because it was on the list of the hotels to book from the corporate travel agency. I called them to recommend for them to remove this place for the list.

I actually checked out after the first, although I had reservations for five nights. I ate the cost for the second night and checked in at another hotel. It was well worth it to me, I did not feel safe in this place. The front desk receptionist was very accommodating as she understood my concern. I am not the first person who checks in and checks back out.

I could not sleep the first night from the fear that someone would break in. The place is dirty and the people look sketchy.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank snshn3
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor online survey regarding your recent stay at our Quality Inn & Suites Sunnyvale.

Please contact the hotel GM, Premal, at (408) 7343742 directly to talk thru your concerns.

Sunnyvale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have stayed here off and on over the past five years whenever I am in the Bay area. I have always found the service excellent and the Manager and the staff very courteous and helpful, going the extra mile to make my stay pleasant and comfortable. The breakfast is sumptuous and the location convenient for public transport. I would like to thank Premal, Lucy, Palmyra and a couple of other staff (whose names, unfortunately, I haven't noted!) for all their help in making my stay enjoyable. I would strongly recommend this hotel for convenience, value for money and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo