“Great place to stay in Silicon Valley”

Best Western Silicon Valley Inn
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and recently had the chance to stay again for business. I enjoy staying at the Best Western chain as they offer a nice clean setting at a very reasonable price. This is especially true at this location. With all the business travelers in the area, hotels are expensive. I have always enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the staff is excellent, the rooms very clean and comfortable and everything seems to work out well. One of my favorite experiences is being greeted by Johnny when he is working. He is always extremely pleasant and we usually have a great conversation about current affairs. In addition, all of the other staff that I have contact with are also very nice and helpful and I never feel rushed. The location is really convenient as it is only 1/2 mile from the Hwy 101 and Hwy 237 crossing and a short drive from the San Jose airport and Santana Row. I would highly recommend the Best Western Silicon Vally Inn for anyone that is staying in the area whether on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: There are 3 different building sections to choose from. Ask when you book your room to select the b...

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was warmly greeted and directed to my room. My room was in an "annex" building that appeared to have been a different motel at one time and purchased by BW. I opened the exterior entry door to the overwhelming stench of cigarette smoke. The appearance of the entry was old, tired and dirty. I opened the room to a heavy odor of air reshener, which is not good. This is usually a sigh the room is smoked in and the attempt to mask smoking in a non-smoking room is to spray the heck out of it. The room #148 was dated, carpet stained and no shampoo. The mixer on the shower had been replaced and it took an inordinate amount of ime to figure it out. Soon after showering, the cigarette smoke stecnch started to bleed through and it was difficult to tolerate. Tried for 15 minutes to figure out the TV, once I got it on, the volume was at it's max and was playing mariachi music! A little gift from the house keepers. (Not Funny Senoras). It was almost midnight and my flights had been delayed so I was really stuck. Had it been earlier, I would have asked to either be moved or gone to a neighboring hotel.
We always try to find a BW when travelinvg as we find a comfortable smoke free room at reasonable prices. This place was a literal dump and I am truly disappointed Best Western would actually have such a place with their name on it.
I sent this identical critique to Best Western in response to a survey and was sent a standard #2 response about how excellent they were. We stay at Best Western frequently for value for stay experience. In all our years and all our Best Westerns, this was the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for the "Main Building" if you must stay here. This "Annex" building...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mauisron
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I was able to find this hotel for about 92/night. A bargain in the San Jose area. The room was very comfortable. Smallish but for the single business traveler it was fine. I had a nice, high queen bed that was firm but comfortable. It had ample pillows with good support. The air conditioner was quite enough and produced a nice cool room. It has a generic 32" LCD TV. The room lighting is nice. Enough outlets to plug things in. A refrigerator and microwave. The property is spread out into several buildings. There was a small exercise room in mine that had a treadmill, eliptical and upright bike. There was a water cooler and tv and a wall of mirrors. There are several buttons on the eliptical that don't work. Best way to get it going is to flip the power switch on the back. This will let you program your workout. The treadmill is in Metric numbers so you can't go over 159 (kilos). The room just needs some hand towels with a clothes hamper, and a bottle of disinfectant to wipe down the machines when you are done. Who knows how often they are cleaned (certainly not between each user). A few other items to note: the breakfast area is very small. There are limited items to eat. Some scrambled eggs and sausage links, biscuits and gravy, waffles and some breads and juice and coffee. There are no hard boiled eggs, yogurt etc. The toilet in my room was loose and rocked and the tub was slow to drain. Overall a good stay. The man at the front desk appears to run the hotel all day and all night. He was there late at night when I checked in and again in the morning. He was very polite and I was able to book an extra night. The housekeeping staff was also very polite and offered to clean my room when they saw me come out in the early afternoon. I said I was fine. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Well worth the 92 dollars a night in San Jose. No real complaints and the rooms were very nice for...
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I was disappointed with my stay this time. I'll be visiting Sunnyvale twice a month in my new job. Each time for 3 night. Best Western, will not be my first choice any more :-(. I found ants multiple times in the room. Three times of them on the night stand. Also, I had to report a broken window's screen and curtains handle. I expect from the work who did it to report it and fix it. Not to wait for the guest to complain.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights as an alternative to pricey San Francisco. It was clean and comfortable. The only issue with the room was that the A/C didn't seem to work great and I had a hard time hanging the hair dryer. The manager is excellent, he gave us a courtesy call after check-in. I found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. The place doesn't look that nice from the outside but I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stayed one night I this Best Western located across from a major Linked-In construction project. Room was small, stuffy, although clean. Breakfast was adequate but too little ace to seat everyone. This would have been a fair deal at $75-$90 but the $139 AAA rate I paid was way too much. Not goin back.

Room Tip: Ask for the main building, otherwise you have a bitnof a walk to get to breakfast.
1  Thank Daniel T
Reviewed 6 August 2013

good value overall....breakfast better than most.. waffles turned out great...scrambeled eggs and spuds along with cereal ...and fruit quiet even though on a busy blvd. traffic noise less than minimal....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple