“Nice place, good breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Silicon Valley Inn

BEST WESTERN Silicon Valley Inn
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Hollister, California
“Nice place, good breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

The breakfast room is in the lobby. It wasn't crowded for our mid week stay and the food was good, with an attendant who kept it well stocked. It is clean and quiet. I had to shove the curtains that covered the heater vents into the window ledge to allow the heat to get into the room instead of blowing into the large window ledge area. I don't know if all the rooms are like that or it was just ours which was disability friendly and seems to have been converted from a regular room.

Room Tip: There is a fitness room available, but we didn't use it. I was puzzled about the heater/air con...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Finnish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was heading on a business trip and wanted something on silicon valley within budget. I got this hotel which was 1.5 miles from office. This worked like a charm. I stayed in main building which was just a min walk from main lobby. They offer complimentary hot breakfast. Though I didn't personally had one, but few friends did and enjoyed it.

My bed was made everyday without failure. That's sweet service.

Pros: clean, service,breakfast, location.

Note: It's not a pricey flashy hotel.

Room Tip: Choose something in main building. Its very close to lobby.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Some reviewers don't like this place. I found it clean with large rooms, good beds and a friendly staff. The breakfast is good enough, and the hotel has great access to the 101 freeway.

I was in the south annex building. Building D, i think. My room was great and the hot water in the shower was instaneous. That rarely happens. My only complaint is the traffic noise form Mathilda Street. I closed the window. Problem solved. Sort of.

All in all, a good place. Not fancy, but just fine.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

It was the first motel stay for my wife and I while visiting our daughter and her family in Sunnyvale. We had had good experiences with Best Westerns during our last vacation. We were not disappointed at all. The bed was very comfortable - even my wife liked it - and that's saying something. The hot breakfast was very good too. Room was very clean. We will be staying here whenever we visit this area in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sunnyvale, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was visiting family in the area and had to stay at a nearby hotel because there weren't enough beds at the house. I booked a night at this Best Western and was very happy with the overall experience. There was plentyof parking and check in was quick and easy. The room I stayed in was very clean and quiet. With the AAA discount, I thought this was a great deal.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and recently had the chance to stay again for business. I enjoy staying at the Best Western chain as they offer a nice clean setting at a very reasonable price. This is especially true at this location. With all the business travelers in the area, hotels are expensive. I have always enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the staff is excellent, the rooms very clean and comfortable and everything seems to work out well. One of my favorite experiences is being greeted by Johnny when he is working. He is always extremely pleasant and we usually have a great conversation about current affairs. In addition, all of the other staff that I have contact with are also very nice and helpful and I never feel rushed. The location is really convenient as it is only 1/2 mile from the Hwy 101 and Hwy 237 crossing and a short drive from the San Jose airport and Santana Row. I would highly recommend the Best Western Silicon Vally Inn for anyone that is staying in the area whether on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: There are 3 different building sections to choose from. Ask when you book your room to select the b...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Santa Clarita, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was warmly greeted and directed to my room. My room was in an "annex" building that appeared to have been a different motel at one time and purchased by BW. I opened the exterior entry door to the overwhelming stench of cigarette smoke. The appearance of the entry was old, tired and dirty. I opened the room to a heavy odor of air reshener, which is not good. This is usually a sigh the room is smoked in and the attempt to mask smoking in a non-smoking room is to spray the heck out of it. The room #148 was dated, carpet stained and no shampoo. The mixer on the shower had been replaced and it took an inordinate amount of ime to figure it out. Soon after showering, the cigarette smoke stecnch started to bleed through and it was difficult to tolerate. Tried for 15 minutes to figure out the TV, once I got it on, the volume was at it's max and was playing mariachi music! A little gift from the house keepers. (Not Funny Senoras). It was almost midnight and my flights had been delayed so I was really stuck. Had it been earlier, I would have asked to either be moved or gone to a neighboring hotel.
We always try to find a BW when travelinvg as we find a comfortable smoke free room at reasonable prices. This place was a literal dump and I am truly disappointed Best Western would actually have such a place with their name on it.
I sent this identical critique to Best Western in response to a survey and was sent a standard #2 response about how excellent they were. We stay at Best Western frequently for value for stay experience. In all our years and all our Best Westerns, this was the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for the "Main Building" if you must stay here. This "Annex" building...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mauisron

Travellers are raving about these Sunnyvale hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
#5 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley
Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN Silicon Valley Inn? Share your experiences!