“Great Value”

Best Western Silicon Valley Inn
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This was our second stay in this hotel. The location is great -- on U.S. 101 Mathilda Ave. is an exit and the hotel is just two blocks south of 101. The front desk and housekeeping staff are great. The king bed was extremely comfortable, good water pressure, nice desk and comfortable work chair, desk and beside lamps have outlets in their bases. Shower has great water pressure. Flat screen TV has lots of channels but no premium channels. Wireless internet was very reliable but often too slow to watch you tube videos or search on Google satellite images -- but certainly fast enough for email, Facebook, etc. We were in standard room this time which is on the smallish side, but certainly enough room for two. The sink is surrounded by a large counter top and is separate from the bath/shower room. There's a coffee maker, small fridge and a microwave. The main building that is quite long and connected to the lobby/breakfast areas. It's flanked on either end by two-story buildings which are not connected to the main building -- so you have to walk outside to get to the breakfast room. I think this Best Western is a "Plus" because it offers a free full breakfast. Pastries, English muffins, bread, 4 kinds of juices, eggs, sausage (not available every day), biscuits and gravy, 4 kinds of cereals, waffles, yogurt, cream cheese, fresh fruit. The eggs are always scrambled and a bit watery. On the ground floor of all the buildings, there is a parking lot on one side of the building, which means as cars drive into spaces at night the headlights shine into the room. If this is a sleep interrupter for you, ask for a room on the opposite side from the parking lot.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Receptionist was so tense, not a friendly face. Room and towels are clean,perfect bed, also parking is good. Breakfast could be better if there are more selections. Was scrambled egg real or powder? Coffee was not the best. Other than those, we would come back.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed here for one night in December 2013 when it was exceptional cold. The Lobby was cold and we glad there was not many cars in the parking lot so we could unload our bags and get to our room. The rooms are on an inside corridor which says it requires your room key to enter, but a pull of the door is all that is required.

The inside corridor was frigid - almost as cold as outside. We we opened the door to our room, it was about 50 degrees. There was no heat running and it took 45 minutes before either my wife or I felt warm enough to remove our coat.

The bathroom was an ice box, so we decide to head down to the M8 casio to hang out while the heater worked overtime to bring the room temperature up. When we got back after two hours the room and bathroom were finally warm.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel very often and have always enjoyed my visit. I now stay in the rooms above the main registration desk and, as a female traveling alone, this is always where I feel most secure and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Breakfast was horrendous. I stay had Hampton Inns, and similar hotels all the time and their limited breakfasts are at least edible. The hotels' breakfast wasn't and I'm not that picky of an eater. No elevator and I had one large bag and the guy at the front desk wouldn't move me to a first floor room or help me get my bag to the 2nd floor room I was booked in. I had to live out of my suitcase from the truck of my car.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carol H
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Exercise room located in an annex building, so had to walk to it. Hotel staff (front desk) seemed overworked, but had a good attitude. Coffee maker lid was broken, but was replaced. All amenities were about average.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Not a bad stay just not very notable. clean enough, quiet. Annoying light from hall leaking through gaps between door and jam, not a big deal. For the same money I will try somewhere else next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business