“Great place to stay”

Best Western Silicon Valley Inn
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 5 August 2014

staff was friendly and helpful. breakfast was the best and a great variety. the room was comfy and roomy and clean. I thought the cost of the room was a bit pricey for a 3 star but when I checked in I think it was a good price and it should have been a 4 star and not a 3 star. lots of stores and restaurants around. I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nephratiri

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Room was adequate sized, hotel staff paid attention to my online request of where we would prefer to stay; second floor away from stairwell. Very close to venue we were going to the evening of our stay. Very quiet once inside room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I decided to stay at this hotel because of the discount I received on Priceline (3 stars for $80/ night) and the percentage rating on the Tripadvisor website. There were some issues reported such as smell, staff attitude, and cleanliness which I looked for when I arrived.
First, the outside of the hotel looked well kept and in good shape; front desk staff was prompt and the check in process was expeditious. My room was very clean, had a microwave (which is not included in many hotels), excellent working AC, great lighting, and FREE WIFI. This hotel is near the Cal Train station, Target, Luckys, and great chinese food (Woks On!). Check out was also expeditious and staff was courteous.
To address some reported issues on the website: I did not smell anything out of the ordinary in the lobby, hallway to my room, and the room itself. The few staff members I came in contact with were nice and quick with the processes.
One negative aspect about the experience I will state is where my room was located. I was towards the back of the second lot where a bright light shined through my curtains throughout the night. I would ask to be in the front next time; I recommend asking to be put in the front during reservations.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to have an economical and enjoyable stay in Sunnyvale at the Best Western chains.

Room Tip: Request a room in the front if you have never been to this location.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DerekRamirez
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night in June of 2013 and I loved it. Great location, fast internet, very helpful staff. Overall very pleased with them and will stay with them again on my next visit to Sunnyvale.

VERY highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Comfortable place, free breakfast with make your own waffles! We've stayed here before. Rooms are clean. They must have had new staff as the first morning, I didn't find any regular coffee to brew. I had to ask at the front desk. In the evening, we returned and found that the couple of towels that we had left on the floor were not replaced. In the morning, I knew I had coffee as I had asked for extra the day before. So, I brewed the coffee only to find out that the service person hadn't replaced our coffee cups. I was upset and had to get dressed to report my dismay to the office who listened empathetically...though I don't know if they followed through speaking to whoever had cleaned the room.

Room Tip: We were supposedly upgraded for free to a room without anyone above us.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Very neat. Breakfast was totally fine although not extravagent. Staff was fine too. Picked the location because it was close to where I would be working. In general it is tough to find open hotels in this city!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The room looks newly renovated. The bed is very comfortable, not to hard, not to soft. Comforter, sheets and pillows are soft. Frig., microwave, coffee maker, blow dryer, LCD TV, internet service in the room. I have stayed 5 times in 2014, for leisure. Everyone gives great service and I would recommend this hotel. This is my go to hotel when I need to get away and relax.You will be very satisfied with your stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple