“LOOK ELSEWHERE!!!”

Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Sunnyvale, California
“LOOK ELSEWHERE!!!”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed here for several weeks on business.. Place was o.k for a while--if you can stand almost sustandard rooms.. Until the harassement from management started.. I got the feeling they didn't like construction workers. Which is probably there main clientel. I had several different issues with management which rubbed me the wrong way----I DO NOT RECOMMEND this place.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a slope in them---uneven floors
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris S

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Austin, TX
Reviewed 19 August 2008

My first impression of this place was bad - as I was walking to the hallways to my room, I was hit by a blast of ye old urine smell. Rushed quickly to my room and found that things got worse. The room literally *stank* of tobacco smoke, perhaps due to the fact that the "cleaners" had chosen to hide 3 full ashtrays inside of various drawers. Turned on the A/C to help with the odor and got warm air. Contacted the front desk and after some patronizing remarks, they reluctantly brought in a fan to help move some air (and tobacco particles) around. At that point, I noticed a white glob on the comforter (arrggh!!!) so had them replace it too. The carpets were *gross* - I walked all about the place in shoes because it literally was nauseating to stand on that carpet. After 3 hours of painful sleep with lights on (I kept waking up thinking I was being attacked by bugs), I got the heck out of there and managed to book in the *much cleaner* Best Western down the street. How Kalifornia, with all of its public health rules, allows this sewer to continue operating is beyond me.

• Liked — Close to stuff in Sunnyvale
  • Disliked — Cleanliness (lack thereof)
  • Stayed July 2008
2 Thank mb1wny

Travellers are raving about these Sunnyvale hotels

chicago
Reviewed 6 August 2008

I stayed for a night at this hotel and thought that it would be ok for just one night. The room was dirty, the shampoo was half used, and the sheets were stained. No thanks.

Stayed January 2007
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 10 January 2008

I didn’t read the reviews before we stayed here, probably a good thing! Not sure why they call this a Corporate Center as there was no wifi available, but front desk did provide a LAN cable for our use. The 1 King bedroom was fairly standard and nothing to shout about. There was a stain on the armchair and I didn’t dare leave any clothes draped over it, much less sit on it. However, the motel smelt strongly of cleaning fluid so it seems like this was one of those stains that despite best efforts, was here to stay. Bathroom was clean, although the plastic taps were badly cracked. The Breakfast nook in the lobby had only one small coffee table but it seems like we were meant to take breakfast back to our room. Usual Days Inn staples such as bread, 2 types of cereal, pre-packed pastries, juice/coffee/tea/hot chocolate were available.
Manager was kind enough to let us leave 3 large suitcases there for pick-up later since our flight only left at midnight. Laundry room available for guests to use, but we did not try it out. We overheard the manager trying to solve a flooding problem, but our room on the second floor was not affected. Overall, a basic motel for a fair rate if you’re not too picky.

• Liked — Helpful manager
  • Disliked — Lack of a proper breakfast area
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FriesAndFoieGras
CT
Reviewed 16 March 2007

I stayed here for a few nights every night there were ants crawling all over my laptop. There was a dead roach in the picture frame, broken furniture, stained carpets, ripped bedspread that did not get change, noisy stinky heater, and I got chaarged for local phone calls.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank autopilot4
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 January 2006

Stained carpets, walls, bathtub, towels. Moldy sink. Pubic hair in the bed. Broken heater. Extreme street noise due to large underdoor gap. Foul odor in room. Ugly lighting.

Stayed January 2006