“Cleaniest Quality Inn, Family Friendly, Wonderful Hotel Staff, close to Great America”

Quality Inn Santa Clara Convention Center
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 21 June 2012

If you are looking for affordable, clean hotel this is the place. We traveled with 4 kids & 3 adults rented 2 rooms. The hotel staff was beyond helpful & friendly. Purchased our Great America tickets from front desk! Which helps avoid long lines at the park. Free breakfast at the hotel was perfect for the kids. Super comfortable beds, clean rooms, great showers & affordable price.
Next time we visit Great America we already know where we will stay! Highly recommend this Quality Inn.

• Stayed: June 2012
7  Thank Momsroadtrips

Reviewed 14 June 2012

We took our two young (5&8 year old) nieces to Great America...our stay at this hotel was excellent....rooms were very clean...a good hot breakfast in the morning...and the staff was so accomodating that I was amazed that I was staying at a Quality Inn and not an upscale hotel....we were able to stay for 3 days and 2 nights...4 passes to Great America....free parking pass for Great America for only $400...add that free breakfast in and it's a great price....the pool area was nice and clean...towels available in the pool area....coffee available 24 hours a day...but the treatment and courtesy we were shown was the thing that put our stay there over the top...but as a smoker...it was a bit difficult...however, management is making sure ALL of their guests are comfortable...so stepping away from the building to smoke was a small price to pay for the benefits....oh and did I mention this hotel is also pet friendly...I highly recommend this Quality Inn...especially if you're looking for someting close to Great America...family resturants nearby....and a GREAT price and SUPER treatment/service.

Room Tip: Smokers should have a room close to an exit...rooms on the west side are further from the freeway
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Mary Ann S
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Business travelers will appreciate rooms with a proper work station. The hotel is clean and modern, offering first class amenities. Rooms are quiet and the air conditioning is relatively unobtrusive. The room was amazing--the furnishings were stylish and sleek. The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful, particularly Jay at the concierge desk. Housekeeping was very efficient and effective. The hotel itself is very nice inside and the room was terrific at the price.

There are some chain restaurants close by the hotel but more diverse off-site dining choices are within 2-5 miles.

Room Tip: Ask for Second floor room facing the Pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank Emili09
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I spent a weekend night with my family while visiting friends in San Jose. This Quality Inn is the nicest I have stayed in. The updated rooms are pleasant and actually elegant. The manager, Jay, greeted me for check-in, and seeing I had a child changed my room type to two queens. That was better than the less expensive King with fold-out couch. No charfe for the upgrade. Good location about a mile from Hwy 101. I will stay at this motel next time I am in the South Bay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank scottgenevaDenver
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I like to choose Quality Inn when traveling because I know what I will be getting where-ever I am at. This place didn't disappoint. I was booking for my family and wanted adjoining rooms so i called the hotel directly to book. Phone service wasn't great. they matched the online rate and got me the adjoining rooms i wanted... but my name and address were wrong on the reservations, my member # wasn't attached to the reservation and i had requested 1 king adjoining 2 queens and he told me that was possible when i got there it wasn't even a physical possibility.
I am not sure i'd stay at this particular location again but quality is always a safe choice.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to be good ones.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Devores
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Nice accommodations and a competitive price. All rooms are interior hallway types. Bedding was nice and room spacious. TV was a large flatscreen, but the cable channels were standard definition and the local FOX channel had issues with the volume being so low you had to almost max out the TV speaker levels to get the channel level audible. Then at random intervals, the channel would experience a loud audio feedback and a glitch in the video signal would appear. Hot breakfast included waffles, tater tots, sausage and bad tasting omelette-shaped eggs. Also had cereal, bread, muffins, hard boiled eggs, jam and coffee, but no tea. Overall, it is a worthwhile place to stay if your in the area. The location may seem a little sketchy, being next to a liquor store and all, but it is easy to get to and I didn't feel unsafe, nor did I see anyone hanging around that might be trouble.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank placerman
Reviewed 30 October 2011

What to expect from an Hotel in Sunnyvale close to Highway 101?
This Hotel!
I had no problem with this hotel.
Stayed one night.
Slept well and breakfast was included.

I will go back to this hotel for one or two nighter.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank OzzyOttawa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Quality Inn Santa Clara Convention Center? Share your experiences!