“Nice Enough”

Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Sacramento, California
“Nice Enough”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I usually book our hotel rooms but it was our anniversary and at last minute my husband looked for a room for us. I don't know the price so can only rate on the actual stay. Our room with king-size bed was large with a recliner and table with two chairs, micro and mini-fridge, coffeemaker and flat screen. Had problem with flat screen with Direct TV going out on us two nights in row. Didn't call about it first night but on second occasion we did and someone came up and did a reset. Seemed familiar with problem so must happen frequently. Maid forgot food in fridge from previous guests but came right away to get it when I called. Was really pleased that bathroom had two switches. One for fan and one for light. I HATE it when you turn the light on and the fan comes on also. So that was a plus for me.All in all the room was very suitable, large clean and comfy (Had dinky pillows on bed though. What's up with that?) Management and service were very nice and agreeable. Ok, I always have a negative and this goes to the breakfast. I can't eat wheat and it had the typical continental food stuffs so I was excited to see some hot dishes, well, lukewarm dishes. Square scrambled eggs (?), tater tots and sausage. I'm not sure if really eggs because they were rubbery and inedible. Tater tots were like sawdust and sausage was horrible. So then I saw they had hardboiled eggs. Ok something I can eat! Wrong, again hard, rubbery and green inside. Threw all my food away. What a waste. My husband was perfectly happy with breakfast though so It's all from your perspective.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ridgecrest, California, USA
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

It is an older property, but it has been maintained well and updated recently. I was in the area dealing with family medical issues that kept us day to day extending our stay. I found this property thru Choice Hotel's app as well as the Kayak app. It was very reasonably priced compared to the outrageous amount other hotels were charging that week. There was some kind of heavy business travel or event going on causing many properties to sell out and others to raise their prices to outrageous levels for weekday stays. I was glad to find this reasonably priced property that was in good shape. We had a nice stay during a difficult time in our lives. Also small square pillows instead of traditional rectangle shapes.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had flown into SFO and wanted to get a jump on our Sequoia / King's Canyon vacation trip the next day. This place is about 30 miles south of the airport and away from the heavier traffic.

It's handy to US 101, but set back from busy streets enough to make it a quiet setting. The property is very clean and well maintained, the desk clerk was friendly and helpful, and the room was quiet and well appointed. There isn't much in the way of restaurants nearby, but the clerk provided us with easy to follow printed directions to restaurant row (and many other stores) about four miles away.

There was a nice continental breakfast the next morning, in a pleasantly decorated room.

This is a great value for the price, I absolutely would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Had a flight out of San Jose in the morning; so was just looking for a place to stay near the airport which wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to just sleep. The place is hard to find in the dark. It appears to be in a sketchy part of town an night, but during the day, it was okay. Kind of in a residential area across the street from a mobile home court. There are no restaurants nearby that I could find; so I ordered pizza which turned out to be quite good. It is within 5 minutes of the airport; very convenient to the 101. Room was spacious. Many, many channels on the television. Front desk was pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was typical Choice hotel fare...make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, etc. The only negative and this is being picky, but I couldn't believe it. Went to the "business center"....computer on a table in the lobby to print my boarding pass. First you have to have a code to access the computer, get from front desk; not a huge deal. But here you go...sign on printer ".25 cents per page to print". Are you kidding me? I haven't ever seen this before in a Choice hotel, kind of cheapens the whole experience. All in all, it was okay, but I have never seen smaller pillows. There were four or five per bed. Good thing as they were about a foot square.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank StonecreekArabians
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Very spacious clean rooms, nothing fancy but more than enough for business trips. There's a decent breakfast and good service. Location is right between Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara so great if you're there for business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Citrus Heights, California
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here with a friend for the Stitches West conference at the end of February. I used my points and thought I booked a room with two beds. We didn't check in until later in the evening as we were at the conference all day. When we checked in they told me that it was just one king size bed. I like my friend but 2 beds would be better so the lady at the counter upgraded the room to 2 beds and charged me a $10 upgrade fee. I was sort of upset about the fee but wanted the two beds and understand the policy so I just ate it. The hostess, whose name I forget, called me later to tell me that she talked to her manager and got the room charge refunded. Wow! It was only $10 but she saw that I was disappointed and acted to fix the problem. What great customer service!! Just in general she was friendly and helpful and I didn't ask or expect her to get me a refund. It was icing on the cupcake.

The hotel itself is a standard Quality Inn. Clean, free parking, easy access, good price for the location of hotel and excellent customer service. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stay at a wide variety of Choice Hotels and have never had a worse experience. Customer service was absolutely terrible. I have never even left a TripAdvisor/Yelp review but this place drove me to want to leave this. Location is not great, it was overpriced for the "quality" of the hotel but due to most hotels in the area already booked I chose to reserve a night here. I could look past all of that because I do believe the hotel is well kept and clean, but at the end what I could't look past is how I was treated by both the receptionist and manager. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business