“Great stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ontario, Canada
“Great stay”
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We just stayed one night at the Domain Hotel. Great rate through Orbitz.
Check-in was fast; both people behind the counter were very helpful and nice. Our room was on the third floor toward the back (very quiet); it was beautiful, clean and spacious. The bed was wonderful. Free internet access was fast. The bathroom was clean and I loved the soap. The water was hot! (Previous reviews mentioned a challenge with it; they fixed it). One negative: The lighting in the room could have been better and the breakfast could be included or less expensive.
We had a good time and will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back facing outside
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
DomainHotel, Front Office Supervisor at The Domain Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2011
I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your overall experience with us and Im happy we could accomodate such a great room. We have fixed our water issue! It took a little trouble shooting but I am happy to read that it was not a problem for you. As for our ligting, we are a green hotel and just changed over all of our light bulbs to a greener, more energy efficient light. We have recieved feedback about the lighting and we are currently in discussion regarding a appropriate and quick solution. I am hoping by the end of the summer we should some head way. Any ideas you may have or other feedback about the hotel, we would love.

Front Office Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I've stayed at this hotel at least three times (maybe 4?) on various trips to Mt. View. I keep returning here because it is in many ways the perfect hotel for me.

The rooms are simply amazing. I think they must have had a nerd come in to help them design the hotel. :) The decor is extremely modern and artistic. Each of the rooms has an incredible mural on the wall behind the bed that seems to be a forest or an ocean scene. Each room also seems to have a unique quote written on the mural and so far each quote has been inspiring and thought-provoking.

The rooms are also quite large and they have sleep number beds! The first time I stayed at this hotel it felt like a game to find my optimal sleep number. :) In addition, the bedding is quite comfortable, there are power plugs everywhere, and the internet is excellent for a hotel.

The staff at this hotel is also excellent. They are friendly and efficient. In particular, I would like to single out Marcus as being quite helpful. My travel to the domain was rather harried on my last trip and I had a number of somewhat odd requests. Marcus was able to take care of all of them and did so with a smile. It was fantastic service!

The only downside to this hotel is that it is a few miles away from the highway. Still though, it is worth the few extra minutes to stay at a place I really like.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words! We love hiting the mark with our guests and it's exciting to hear we are your hotel of choice when you come to Mountain View. I have passed on your "shout out" to Marcus and he is more than tickled that he provided such exceptional service for you. Next time your in town or with us, please let yourself be known to Marcus or myself. We would love you shake your hand and meet you face to face!!!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I have been to the US before but have stayed in other hotels. But this time i saw an AD online and went through the website of The Domain Hotel Sunnyvale.

This hotel seemed to be nice so i went ahead and booked my self for 4 days. The rate was pretty cheap and affordable, which was my other concern that the cheap rate should not affect my stay. But to my surprise when i took a cab from the SFO airport, i was dropped exactly at the hotel as it was easy to be found.

First impression of the hotel was not that great from outside, seemed to be a big hotel but was too quiet outside. Then i reached the lobby and was amazed once again, It was very well furnished and a nice ambiance inside. The front desk were pretty well knowledge as i had done my booking earlier so just had to give my name and the rest was taken care by them.

Then i reached my room and it was impressive. very well made up neat clean, with a LCD TV and a nice huge bed. and had a nice fragrance . I was offered a free breakfast for my stay and the breakfast also turned out to be real good, with lots of options and the person who was managing it was really helpful.

Though there was one problem i faced with the hotel. I had swiped my card for guarantee with the hotel, and had clearly instructed them that i will be paying cash and they should not charge my card. The day i checked out i paid the whole amount of some 404.60 in Cash and i did receive a cash memo for the same stating that i had paid cash. They told me that they had cancelled my card guarantee and it would be refunded within 48 hours, so i left for New York. after i reached newyork i checked my card account and see them charge my card with 100$ even though i had paid the whole amount in cash. Then i called the hotel and asked them about it and they tell me that i had only paid 300$ in cash :) to my surprise. I disputed the same and they wanted to see my cash memo which they had given to confirm that i had paid it. i sent it over to them and they say there has been some error from there side and they will refund it. but to my surprise again they charged my card again for 3 transactions of 100$. I am still in dispute with my bank to get the refund :(.

I would say it is a good hotel to stay, but after the problem that happened i wont ever go back there, even if they offered me to stay there for free.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience of your check out. We feel that all feedback is a great opporunity to better ourselves and I would love for you to contact me personally so we can better your future stays with us. I do understand you are not wanting to return to us but I would be happy to provide any and all attention to this matter. We hate to see someone leave our happy family!

408-247-0800
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We are Joie De Vivre members and so chose this hotel based upon our previous experiences with these properties AND the fact that it offered Sleep By Number beds. Too many hotels offer worn out, soft, lumpy beds and we like to have the option of a firm bed.
The property must have been owned by another chain - but The Domain has totally remodeled - so it has a nice, hip look. It's on the main street through town, but has underground parking, so your car is off the road - and it seems like plenty of spaces. The staff were really nice, and our room included a free drink in the bar as well as breakfast. The rooms were clean, big and equipped with a desk, working chair, etc. We had one weird problem....the bathroom sink had no hot water! Plenty of hot water in the tub/shower - but not the sink. It was too late in the evening to alert the desk, so we told them about it in the AM....I would stay here again....the pool looked nice....and the price was right too.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
DomainHotel, Front Office Supervisor at The Domain Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
WOW! We love the feedback and we are happy we hit the mark in expectations for you. We have worked very hard at upholding a modern and comfortable atmosphere for all of our guests and we are very humbled you chose us out of our large Joie de Vivre family.

I’m sorry to hear there were some water complications while you were with us and apologize for any inconvenience. All feedback is needed to better our business and we are currently working on this issue.

I cannot thank you enough for your feedback and comments. The Team and I look forward to seeing you again at the Domain Hotel.
Seattle
Reviewed 12 March 2011

I was at the Domain for a weekend convention. The spacious lobby, and upstairs conversation areas were wonderful for our group. A nice buffet breakfast was including in the very reasonable room-rate. I was impressed by the cleanliness throughout -- rooms, spa, fitness center, etc. The front desk staff are pleasant, unobtrusive, and rather laid-back. The rooms are attractive, with excellent desk space, refrigerators, and plenty of counter space in the bathroom. The sleep-number beds are just sumptuous. My one criticism would be the hot water -- I had to run the shower for four minutes every morning before there was even a hint of heat to it. Very odd.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words about the Domain. We strive for excellence and take all feedback as a learning tool and we feel there is always room to improve. I have taken your comments about our hot water to our Cheif Engineer and I am hoping the wait for hot water will not be an issue for your next stay.

I cannot thank you enough for your feedback and comments. The Domain team and I look forward to seeing you again at the Domain Hotel.
Scotland
Reviewed 8 March 2011

The Domain is unimpressive from the outside but has an air of spaciousness and good taste within. The staff are very friendly and know their stuff. Rooms are spacious, well equipped and the beds extremely comfortable, having comfort adjustments for each side.

Recommend it over and brand name you might use.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I take these posts very seriously and I read every one of them. I believe all guest comments/posts allow us the opportunity to focus on the areas where we can improve.

I was very pleased to see our decor grabbed your eye and we recieved an Best Design Award by HD magazine in 2007 and we love this played a part in your overall experience at the Domain. It truly makes my day to see that we hit the mark with our guests. What can we do to continue exceeding your expectations, during future visits? I would be grateful to hear some additional feedback if you have the time.

Reviewed 13 February 2011

After a horrible night shopping around for hotels this property was like an oasis in the middle of the dessert. Literally. Prior to arrival,me and my partner had a horrid experience. Upon check-in this frustration with the town was immediately taken off our shoulders. The front desk agent, Marcus showed sympathy and was
Timely in getting us into our room. Upon hearing our previous experience he then gave us a really good rate,threw in breakfast, a late check out time as we did arrive almost at midnight and threw in a bottle of red wine to take care of us. I will for sure come back next time I'm in town. This property and it's staff have been phenomenal. Not to mention the elevator in parking garage in the lower level takes you directly to the floor in which you are rooming in. Talk about convenience!

• Stayed February 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
Cupertino Inn
Cupertino Inn
#1 of 5 in Cupertino

Been to The Domain Hotel? Share your experiences!