“Awesome Venue for Hosting a Fun Gathering”
Review of The Domain Hotel

The Domain Hotel
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California, United States
“Awesome Venue for Hosting a Fun Gathering”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Planning a technical panel discussion for a 100 people was no easy task. The team at Domain was very accommodating and supportive. After making minor and major adjustments, they were still able to deliver an awesome event. The catering staff was quite friendly and helpful. The overall setup was absolutely flawless and lent itself to very fun and social evening.

I like this boutique hotel! It even has techie names for everything!

Eric,

We are happy your event was flawless. We understand that hosting an event can be a stressful time for an event planner. Zohal, our Catering Manager, is a true professional. Please don't hesitate to contact us for future events.

Fax: 408-984-7120

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I was very impressed by both the decor (modern/hip) and the attentiveness of the staff. The front desk staff were very helpful and the bartender Jeff was very friendly and engaging. Overall a reasonably priced business hotel with updated decor, standard amenities and a helpful staff.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from either side by the main roads, as the sound carries into the rooms.
Gregory,

Thank you for recognizing Jeff, he most certainly loves to create a memorable experience for our guest. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly next time and we will make every effort to block your room away from the street noise.

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The neighborhood seems sketchy, the street is noisy and our room was facing the traffic but the hotel is fabulous. The lobby and room look great. It is up-to-date technology wise as well as comfort. The breakfast was free because we were a guest, and what a feast! This is definitely a hotel I would stay with again! The pool was nice and my little sister (7-years-old) loved that part of it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Krystal,

You have a great eye! We are excited about the changes we've made with our expanded bandwidth and breakfast buffet. Stay tuned for more upgrades and thank you for your continued business!

Mountain View, California
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Jeff the bartender in the cafe is great - very personable and friendly. When I stay, he sees me walk in the door and places my order before I have to ask. I've never had that kind of customer service - Thank you!

Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
We are so happy you recognized Jeff. Thank you for your kind comments.

Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I found Domain Hotel on Groupon and I was not expecting much, but they definitely went beyond my expectations! Parking was easy and accessible to the elevator, leading up to our floor. Walking in, I loved the decoration and ambiance in the lobby. I was checked in immediately and found my room with ease. My first impression of the room was "Wow." I had fun adjusting the number on the sleep number beds. Next to the beds, there was a dock for my Ipod so it was nice to be able to play music. Also, I had a project to do and we were provided with 24 hours of free, high speed internet. We needed to print something and the staff was very friendly with assisting us. The food in the Bytes Cafe seemed pricey, but they do have happy hour! (Although I didn't get a chance to try it since it was only 5:30-7:30pm) Close by, we tried Shabuway and drank at Jujubee! Overall, I had a great experience!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Traci Mae,

I cannot thank you enough for your feedback and comments. We're so glad you had a chance to check out our happy hour. If you didn't get a chance try the Calimari next time, it's my personal favorite.

The Team and I look forward to seeing you again at the Domain Hotel.

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 15 May 2013

From the moment you park and enter the lobby, you're greeted warmly by a professional staff. Check-in was fast and any questions asked are answered by people who not just work at the hotel, but people who actually want to make your stay as enjoyable as it can be.

The restaurant and bar are staffed by professionals. No short-cuts taken that I witnessed. Plus, there's a complimentary wine happy hour in the lobby if you're interested - with comfortable seating in a nice atmosphere.

The rooms were nice and had everything I needed. Daily maid service ensured a clean room - and overall, I was impressed at how clean the hotel was.

The gym is small, but you can use the Fitness center across the street at no cost, and there's a pool and hot tub at the hotel to relax and unwind.

Overall, I rate this hotel in Sunnyvale as a 10 out of 10 stars.

Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
J2Pethel,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our staff and hotel. We are delighted to hear you were able to enjoy yourself at our property.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The true meaning of comfort and being treated special is truly rare. Joie de Vivre Hotel's "The Domain Hotel" has surpassed the true meaning of hospitality! During my stay, I have experienced one of the greatest customer service any 5 star, 5 diamond hotel could offer!! The front desk staff as provided me excellent service and made me feel like a very valued guest. They were polite, efficient and very knowledgeable. As for the value, you can easily say that you pay as a commoner and stay as a royalty! They had GREAT rooms, spacious, modern and clean!

Don't just take my word for it, experience it for yourselves!!!

Room Tip: Every room is a GREAT room!!! Their sleep number beds are the BEST!!! The pool, the jacuzzi and th...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
KeoniSF,

Thank you for your kind comments and photos. I love that we were able to make you feel like royalty! Can't wait for your next stay with us.

Thank you!

Fax: 408-984-7120
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
Cupertino Inn
Cupertino Inn
#1 of 5 in Cupertino

Been to The Domain Hotel? Share your experiences!