“Great Stay & Staff!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Capitola, California
“Great Stay & Staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I had a great over night stay before an early flight. I requested a quiet room, since I had such an early flight the next morning. I was granted my request for a quiet room. The room was quite roomy, compared to recent hotels I've stayed. The bed was comfy, desk work area had more than enough room for my paperwork & tablet, the bathroom seemed to be modern & upgraded. I'm not really into modern deco, but I enjoyed this hotel's modern look. I would recommend, and go back to this hotel in a heartbeat.
The staff, was very helpful & informative. Ruby did a great job getting my taxi ride for the next morning, offered a wake up call, and she was very informative.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room-off the main road.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Abetterplastering,

Nothing is more gratifying then receiving positive comments from our guest. We have shared your comments with Ruby and she was excited she made your stay memorable. We are delighted to serve you in the future.

Fax: 408-984-7120

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at The Domain. My usual Silicon Valley choices were all booked up, so I tried this one. I'm glad I did. Here are some of the highlights:
1. Friendly staff. The staff was all so friendly and accommodating, it really made this trip away from my family easier.
2. Great happy hour. Jeff really makes you feel at home and goes out of his way to make it a nice event. He and Marcus (front desk) even made me a custom fruit plate one evening - something not on the menu.
3. Excellent fitness center. Free access to 19 Fitness across the street, which has all the facilities you'd want. And there's also a fitness room on site with fewer facilities.
4. Full breakfast buffet. Decent selection of items overall. Waitresses are very responsive and happy to give you a to-go box or a to-go coffee refill.
5. Brightly lit rooms. I find most hotel rooms remain dark and cave-like even when all of the lights are on. Not this one. It had several bright halogen lights that did a great job lighting up the room.
6. Clean, fragrance free rooms.
7. Plenty of power plugs. It's odd to me how some hotels have a shortage of these, forcing you to unplug the clock or lamp to charge your electronics. My room at The Domain had plenty.

No hotel is perfect, so here are a few small nits:
1. The selection of cold cereal wasn't great. No high fiber ones. But the hot oatmeal made a good substitute.
2. The walls aren't as thick as at some places I've stayed, but I had no problem sleeping.
3. Not really a counterpoint, but be aware that there IS a mini-frig in the room. It's disguised to look like drawers, to match the rest of the decor.

Overall, The Domain is one of the best places I've stayed in Silicon Valley.

Room Tip: Room 228 was a great room. A top floor room would mean less foot noise above you.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Ralph,

Thank you for choosing The Domain Hotel for your stay in the Bay Area. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our number one focus is always the guest, and Marcus and Jeff will be delighted to hear your kind words. I will discuss with our F&B manager to get another healthier cereal on our buffet. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me before your next stay if I can assist in anyway.

Happy Holidays!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Great place to stay, always super helpful front desk staff. Clean, comfortable, quiet. The hotel is always busy and often events are held here but this breathes life into the place. The hotel has all modern conveniences needed when staying away from home.

• Stayed November 2013
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Travelgrid,

I cannot thank you enough for your feedback and comments. The Team and I look forward to seeing you again at the Domain Hotel. It has been a great year, and we can't wait to see the improvements we have in store for 2014! Room upgrades such as carpet and bedding will soon be here!

Happy Holidays!

Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I knew I was in the right place the second I walked in to the lobby. I was welcomed by Ruby, she had the most pleasant smile and personality I have experienced in a long time and I felt genuinely welcome. Todd instantly saw to my needs as I was in a bit of a hurry, very professional. Jeff made the best margherita and took care of our late night dinner needs. He also has a great attitude. My room was quiet,clean, and plenty of space to feel comfortable. I have traveled more than usual this year and this is the best over all hotel experience for me this year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jordan,

It has been a pleasure serving you during the coarse of your stay. The staff and I have enjoyed having you as our guest and the interactions / great conversation. Please come back and see us anytime!

Dearborn Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Everything ran smoothly during my stay here. I was groggy after my flight but Holly at the front desk made checking in a pleasure. All the staff was very friendly. The room was clean, the bed was nice albeit complicated, and the bar was good enough for a few beers before bed. Great for business travelers.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Andrew,

We are delighted to have you as our guest and look forward to serving you in your future stays in San Jose! I will share your positive comments with Holly.

Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

The best part about this hotel is its location. The property is nicely done. The shuttle pickup and drop service is good. Staff is nice and courteous. Only sad point can be some of the rooms. I got a good one but my friend didn't. Lot of noise from the road and rooms above. And AC was not heating up enough. Heard the same from another friend too.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear B1sh,

I would like to personally apologize for the air conditioning and noise you experienced during your last stay, this is not the level of service we look to provide at anytime. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will only help us continue to improve our service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at any time and I will personally oversee your stay to ensure 100% satisfaction.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Van Nuys
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

The staff, particularly Ruby, is very friendly, informative and helpful. The hotel is very clean and quiet. The very few hiccups we experienced were resolved almost immediately. Any faster and you would think they're mind readers. The deluxe suites are just beyond comfort: Sleep number bed, spacious room and a large bathroom. I will definitely stay here again when in the area. The best hotel experience I've had ever.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ecruzmir,

Wow! We are delighted we were able to provide you with your "Best hotel stay." Ruby was delighted to hear your comments. Our guest are our number one focus at all times. Please come back and see us whenever you are in the area!

Fax: 408-984-7120
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Cupertino Inn
Cupertino Inn
#1 of 5 in Cupertino
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale

Been to The Domain Hotel? Share your experiences!