“Great stay :)”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Singapore, Singapore
“Great stay :)”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

It was a pity that we could only manage a night's stay at Domain Hotel. The service was great - we were upgraded to an even better room than the one which we had originally booked, complete with complimentary premium high-speed internet, all free of charge. Instead of a room with a queen-sized bed, we were ushered into one complete with TWO queen-sized beds. All our requests were tended to - the addition of a microwave, the procurement of silverware and dishes for our meal - very promptly by affable staff members. The hotel itself is rather stunning, and you'll be treated to a wonderful view when returning to or leaving your room. The beds in the room could also be adjusted in terms of hardness; with several clicks of a button, the entire bed could be transformed to suit your preference - soft, or hard. There was also a heated swimming pool and jacuzzi at our disposal. Overall, it was a really great stay and I would love to go back again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Nicolejf,

We would like to thank you for choosing The Domain Hotel for your stay in the Bay Area. Nothing is more gratifying then receiving positive comments from our guest. We are excited to serve you in the future.

Please come back and see us soon!

Director of Rooms
Fax: 408-984-7120

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The hotel is nice enough, undergound garage, good bed, lots of pillows and spacious room.
The highlight is on the Bytes Cafe & Bar, with happy hour and ... Jeff the bartender !

If you stay in this hotel, make sure you may him a visit, and go for a glass of wine as there is an awesome selection.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Paul,

Thank you for you comments about the hotel and Jeff. Stay tuned for updates coming in 2014, including new bedding packages, new carpet, and more amenities!

Have a happy and safe holiday season, and please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great service on the desk.
Very clean rooms and spacious.
Heated pool and jacuzzi in December... so good.
Breakfast has a great variety in full buffet.
Underground garage, very convenient for raining days.
Very good location away from traffic routes. Fishmarket right next to the hotel, makes a great meal two steps away.
Extremely kind bartender Jeff, recognized me from my last year stay at the hotel, very friendly. Awesome complementary wine selection.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Miguel,

Thank you for you comments about the hotel and Jeff. We can't wait to make your next stay memorable. Please come back and see us soon.

Cupertino, California
Reviewed 28 November 2013

WOW! This hotel I have been working next to for years and did not realize the luxury of this oasis on a busy city street! When you drive by it can be hard to notice however once stepping inside it is a time you cannot forget. First of all, the halls smell WONDERFUL as you walk down to your room and before that we were greeted by a very beautiful receptionist named RUBY :). Looking a home away from home, we were looking for an escapade and could not be any more pleased. Ruby greeted us very kindly at around 10:00 P.M. and even though she was working late she still treated the customer ahead of us with kindness and grace and us still the same. It is not even her that represented excellent care in her work ethics, it's the whole staff!! Everyone is happy and always smiling back; making sure to greet everybody with a hello that is actually genuine. Another shout out to Ruby and JEFF the bartender, you guys made great conversation and I couldn't stop thinking about the generosity of the hotel staff so I had to make this account on Trip Advisor just so they are recognized by the hotel. The ROOMS were perfect, the neighborhood was quiet and I look forward to going back again soon.

Room Tip: Ask the hotel staff! Kindness will get you very far and it proved by interacting with Ruby! She was...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Harimmy,

Thank you for your positive comments about Jeff and Ruby! I cannot thank you enough for your feedback and comments. We always strive to make positive guest experiences. The Team and I look forward to seeing you again at the Domain Hotel.

Capitola, California
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I had a great over night stay before an early flight. I requested a quiet room, since I had such an early flight the next morning. I was granted my request for a quiet room. The room was quite roomy, compared to recent hotels I've stayed. The bed was comfy, desk work area had more than enough room for my paperwork & tablet, the bathroom seemed to be modern & upgraded. I'm not really into modern deco, but I enjoyed this hotel's modern look. I would recommend, and go back to this hotel in a heartbeat.
The staff, was very helpful & informative. Ruby did a great job getting my taxi ride for the next morning, offered a wake up call, and she was very informative.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room-off the main road.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Abetterplastering,

Nothing is more gratifying then receiving positive comments from our guest. We have shared your comments with Ruby and she was excited she made your stay memorable. We are delighted to serve you in the future.

Austin
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at The Domain. My usual Silicon Valley choices were all booked up, so I tried this one. I'm glad I did. Here are some of the highlights:
1. Friendly staff. The staff was all so friendly and accommodating, it really made this trip away from my family easier.
2. Great happy hour. Jeff really makes you feel at home and goes out of his way to make it a nice event. He and Marcus (front desk) even made me a custom fruit plate one evening - something not on the menu.
3. Excellent fitness center. Free access to 19 Fitness across the street, which has all the facilities you'd want. And there's also a fitness room on site with fewer facilities.
4. Full breakfast buffet. Decent selection of items overall. Waitresses are very responsive and happy to give you a to-go box or a to-go coffee refill.
5. Brightly lit rooms. I find most hotel rooms remain dark and cave-like even when all of the lights are on. Not this one. It had several bright halogen lights that did a great job lighting up the room.
6. Clean, fragrance free rooms.
7. Plenty of power plugs. It's odd to me how some hotels have a shortage of these, forcing you to unplug the clock or lamp to charge your electronics. My room at The Domain had plenty.

No hotel is perfect, so here are a few small nits:
1. The selection of cold cereal wasn't great. No high fiber ones. But the hot oatmeal made a good substitute.
2. The walls aren't as thick as at some places I've stayed, but I had no problem sleeping.
3. Not really a counterpoint, but be aware that there IS a mini-frig in the room. It's disguised to look like drawers, to match the rest of the decor.

Overall, The Domain is one of the best places I've stayed in Silicon Valley.

Room Tip: Room 228 was a great room. A top floor room would mean less foot noise above you.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Ralph,

Thank you for choosing The Domain Hotel for your stay in the Bay Area. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our number one focus is always the guest, and Marcus and Jeff will be delighted to hear your kind words. I will discuss with our F&B manager to get another healthier cereal on our buffet. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me before your next stay if I can assist in anyway.

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Great place to stay, always super helpful front desk staff. Clean, comfortable, quiet. The hotel is always busy and often events are held here but this breathes life into the place. The hotel has all modern conveniences needed when staying away from home.

• Stayed November 2013
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Travelgrid,

I cannot thank you enough for your feedback and comments. The Team and I look forward to seeing you again at the Domain Hotel. It has been a great year, and we can't wait to see the improvements we have in store for 2014! Room upgrades such as carpet and bedding will soon be here!

Happy Holidays!

Fax: 408-984-7120
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
Cupertino Inn
Cupertino Inn
#1 of 5 in Cupertino

Been to The Domain Hotel? Share your experiences!