“Last minute, one night stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Domain Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Domain Hotel
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Stamford, ct
“Last minute, one night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My stay at the Domain Hotel was a last minute decision given that my apartment was not ready on time. I was tired and frustrated and needed a place close by that would be comfortable and clean. I chose the Domain Hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews. I was surprised at so many 4 star reviews. It was certainly ok, but not 4 star for me. First, the reservation gentleman at the end of the 800 number was difficult to understand (heavy accent) and I ended up in a suite when all I needed was one room. Second, the rug in my room was stained pretty badly in multiple places. I tip-toed around the stains. I was given a free breakfast (since I was in a suite) and I passed through without giving it a try...nothing there that demanded my attention. The front desk staff was super friendly and helpful though, which was much needed after a long difficult day.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at the Domain hotel for couple nights when I was interviewing with Goggle. The hotel is clean and quiet. The staff is very friendly. The shuttle service is very convenient, and Alix, the driver, was super nice and helpful. He showed me around and even gave me a pep talk on the way to my interview, which helped me stay calm and confident.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was in Sunnyvale for a couple of days while interviewing for a job.
The rooms were modern, spacious, the staff was attentive, complimentary breakfast was decent, internet was pretty much what you paid for and the overall value was okay.
What really made this one of the best stays ever was the shuttle driver. This guy not only takes you to your interview, but is always super engaging. He will be giving you helpful tips and then switch to tourist guide and give you a tour of the area, then he will give you recommendations for restaurants for after the interview when you are hungry and tired. This driver rocks, and if I ever come back to the area, I will stay at this hotel again mainly because of him.

Dear HD,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our number one focus is always the guest! Alix is a rockstar and we have shared your comments.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed here for an interview in May 2014. The hotel was nice and clean with a helpful staff. Alex, the shuttle driver, was very considerate and explained all the local companies and nearby sights. One negative is the walls aren't very soundproof so I could hear my neighbors going at it.

Dear HD,

Nothing is more gratifying then receiving positive comments from our guest. We are excited to serve you in the future. I apologize for the noise issue, we have more quiet areas in the hotel and would be happy to block you in one in a future stay. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel's really good. Good ambiance; good service; friendly staff; hourly shuttle service.
Driver of the shuttle (one who drives in the morning) was friendly to me and he boosted my confidence for my interview.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms which have a good view outside.
Dear 111James_Bond_,

Thank you for choosing The Domain Hotel for your stay in the Bay Area. Your survey and comments are greatly appreciated and will only help us continue to improve!

Dorado, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

First off, let me say that the staff at the domain was WONDERFUL. Very polite and present. I liked the wine hour downstairs as well as the "free" breakfast, but the hotel is a best western in lipstick. Its typical of Joie de Vivre hotels, find a crappy hotel in a great location, remodel it, and jack prices. It works. E.g. Dream Inn at Santa Cruz. That being said, the dressing and design is great but the bones of the hotel sort of suck. I wouldn't not recommend the Domain due to the wonderful service levels and nice decor, but the bones are OLD OLD. It wasn't a full remodel, it was lipstick on a pig... However it is nice lipstick!

Room Tip: Make sure you have an external window, some rooms open into the foyer.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear hausenpepper,

I would like to personally apologize for the decor of the Domain not being up to your standard; this is not the level of service we look to provide at anytime, nor are these comments we are accustomed to hearing. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will only help us continue to improve our service.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Good hotel, helpful staff. Easy and convenient (free) hotel shuttle with a fantastic / polite shuttle driver (Alex) that pretty much knows every spot/building in that area. Basically, you will get to your meetings/work in time if you go with him.

The wall of the rooms weren't sound proof, so you get to hear noises from rooms that share a wall from time to time. The breakfasts were ok~good, although the waitress serving the breakfast could use some more formal training on how to efficiently serve the customers.

Again, the (free) shuttle with a knowledgable driver is the only reason that I would recommend the hotel to anyone else.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Omid A

We are delighted to have you as our guest and look forward to serving you in your future stays in San Jose!

Fax: 408-984-7120
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Cupertino Inn
Cupertino Inn
#1 of 5 in Cupertino
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale

Been to The Domain Hotel? Share your experiences!