“Great service” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Domain Hotel
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had a lot of fun staying there! Special thanks to Alex the driver, Jeff the bartender and Kevin at the front desk! Really awesome people! Also really enjoyed the design of the room, very refreshing. Overall, I had a pleasent experience and would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed a total of 5 nights with our kids. Hotel is very quiet, clean and comfortable. Usually I have trouble sleeping in hotels due to noise, but this place is great did not hear a thing all night. Beds and sheets are super comfy and room is well designed. Loved the Keurig coffee maker. The Domain seems to attract mostly business people, but this is the 3rd time we are staying here and our kids love it. The pool area is very quiet with comfy loungers and nice shade. A great place to bring the kids as long as your kids are not the type to run wild.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alison R
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The staff is pleasant! The space is very welcoming, open and inviting. Everybody seems to really care and want to be there. I felt like I was visiting old friends! the restaurant selections in the area are a bit overwhelming! But, I asked the FD and they pointed me out to a few great places.

Room Tip: I would suggest booking a Deluxe room or Superior room!! These rooms are spacious and have the most...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My first time at this hotel and was very happy that my co-workers recommended it. My late flight arrival put me at the check-in desk around 2:00 a.m. where I was met by a very friendly desk agent. My room was clean, cool, and had the usual amenities, and also a Keurig coffee maker - nice! I didn't use the free-wifi (left my laptop at home), so I can't comment on speed. I did appreciate the nice underground parking garage and easy access to the elevators. I enjoyed the free breakfast, and the wait-staff in the cafe were spot-on with coffee and juice service, and tasty biscuits and gravy - sausage and rosemary gravy; delicious! Quick checkout with an emailed statement and I was on my way home. My only negative was the lack of clear signage out front. I drove by it once, then realized I'd missed the entrance. I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Sunnyvale. I'm not sure if this could be called a "boutique" hotel; it just had interesting decor.

Room Tip: this was my first time here, and the room I got was excellent - at the end of the hall, away from th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bonnie T
New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Modern and comfortable room. The usual amenities (flat screen TV, mini fridge, free wifi). Note that if uber-fast wifi is needed, there's a charge for "high speed internet"; the free wifi was fine for my needs). There's also a Keurig coffee maker. Seems to be for the business crowd; was surprised that there was no in-room safe. Modern and relatively new property. Was very convenient for an early flight out of San Jose International and was chosen for that reason. There was supposed to be a shuttle to SJC (not sure of there's a fee) -- wasn't available during my stay because the driver was on vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank sequoia-design
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The building on the outside can easily be missed.
However external appearance is deceiving.
This is our family third stay in as many years while visiting relatives, and each time we love it and the kids love it too. The decor is simple , tasteful , clean and modern, free internet, small restaurant with happy hours, small parking in front and larger parking under ground. During the weekend, it is rather empty as it cater more to the business travellers (Google, Apple, etc... are not far away). However the hotel has a small quiet pool that is kept quite warm, so great for the kids.
Beds are comfortable.
The internet can be upgraded to faster speed but the basic does the trick (4 down/4 up).
There are a number of ethnic restaurants and grocery within a few blocks and a good meat lover Korean BBQ restaurant directly across the street.
We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Noobytoob
Riverdale, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Very friendly and prompt service. The room was very spacious and the ambience was chill and peaceful. Sleep number bed, fridge, and everything I needed to work. Free wi-fi but have to pay extra if you want faster speed, however, the "free speed" was pretty fast already.

What made my experience the best was Alex, the shuttle bus driver who took me to a job interview in the area. He was absolutely friendly and made my experience around Sunnyvale very fun and made me feel very comfortable and telling me about the things to do and see and rooting for me to land the job I interviewed for. Very great guy and really made my first experience in Sunnyvale a resplendent one! Truly memorable!

Room Tip: First time at this hotel but the first floor is close by the breakfast room which made getting break...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Cupertino Inn
Cupertino Inn
#1 of 5 in Cupertino
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale

Been to The Domain Hotel? Share your experiences!