“Excellent Stay and Service”
Review of The Domain Hotel

The Domain Hotel
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the past couple of months. Each time, the front desk staff is always very pleasant and helpful. They make sure to review the ammenities with me and ask if I need help taking my luggage to my room. The rooms are very clean, updated and trendy. I go here as a way to treat myself to a zen/spa-feeling hotel. I live locally but when I need to escape the hustle and bustle of Silicon Valley, this is my favorite haunt.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We loved the tranquil ambience of the Domain Hotel, Sunnyvale. The rooms were elegant and very clean, and the breakfast was delicious. We were at Sunnyvale to visit family, and after a busy day it was so nice to come back to this peaceful hotel, enjoy the pool, and feel pampered and special. thanks!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Frances G
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had a lot of fun staying there! Special thanks to Alex the driver, Jeff the bartender and Kevin at the front desk! Really awesome people! Also really enjoyed the design of the room, very refreshing. Overall, I had a pleasent experience and would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed a total of 5 nights with our kids. Hotel is very quiet, clean and comfortable. Usually I have trouble sleeping in hotels due to noise, but this place is great did not hear a thing all night. Beds and sheets are super comfy and room is well designed. Loved the Keurig coffee maker. The Domain seems to attract mostly business people, but this is the 3rd time we are staying here and our kids love it. The pool area is very quiet with comfy loungers and nice shade. A great place to bring the kids as long as your kids are not the type to run wild.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alison R
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The staff is pleasant! The space is very welcoming, open and inviting. Everybody seems to really care and want to be there. I felt like I was visiting old friends! the restaurant selections in the area are a bit overwhelming! But, I asked the FD and they pointed me out to a few great places.

Room Tip: I would suggest booking a Deluxe room or Superior room!! These rooms are spacious and have the most...
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My first time at this hotel and was very happy that my co-workers recommended it. My late flight arrival put me at the check-in desk around 2:00 a.m. where I was met by a very friendly desk agent. My room was clean, cool, and had the usual amenities, and also a Keurig coffee maker - nice! I didn't use the free-wifi (left my laptop at home), so I can't comment on speed. I did appreciate the nice underground parking garage and easy access to the elevators. I enjoyed the free breakfast, and the wait-staff in the cafe were spot-on with coffee and juice service, and tasty biscuits and gravy - sausage and rosemary gravy; delicious! Quick checkout with an emailed statement and I was on my way home. My only negative was the lack of clear signage out front. I drove by it once, then realized I'd missed the entrance. I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Sunnyvale. I'm not sure if this could be called a "boutique" hotel; it just had interesting decor.

Room Tip: this was my first time here, and the room I got was excellent - at the end of the hall, away from th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bonnie T
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Modern and comfortable room. The usual amenities (flat screen TV, mini fridge, free wifi). Note that if uber-fast wifi is needed, there's a charge for "high speed internet"; the free wifi was fine for my needs). There's also a Keurig coffee maker. Seems to be for the business crowd; was surprised that there was no in-room safe. Modern and relatively new property. Was very convenient for an early flight out of San Jose International and was chosen for that reason. There was supposed to be a shuttle to SJC (not sure of there's a fee) -- wasn't available during my stay because the driver was on vacation.

1  Thank sequoia-design