“This place has grown on me.”
Review of The Domain Hotel

The Domain Hotel
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Singapore
“This place has grown on me.”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have been to The Domain over many years now. While initially I used to make jokes with my colleagues about how "basic" the place is, overtime I it has really grown on me and I would recommend it.

Why? Pricing wise competes quite well the others in the same category. It may be simple but rooms are generally spacious and clean. Staff has been very helpful and accommodating. On this last trip they allowed me to move rooms with no fuss.

Internet is included and reliable. I did not always have breakfast there but it is quite good. Location is quite convenient and next door to one of my favourite restaurants, the Fish Market.

Room Tip: This is an important point. I make a point of making sure I go to the "Superior" rooms fac...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I had a date night at this place and came away knowing that we'd be back. The entire staff was very friendly and accommodating.

One who stood out in particular was Jeff, serving as wine steward, pouring some nice wines during the Domain's complimentary happy hour. Jeff went out of his way to make it a special time for us, bringing a fruit and cheese plate, as well as fetching the chef from the kitchen just to introduce us. He too, was very gracious and friendly.

This place is a gem amongst a slew of lower quality hotels along El Camino Rea. It's got a great boutique feel to its decor. The Domain Suite (room 301) we stayed in, was affordable, has a jetted tub and a full length balcony (spanning the two rooms of the suite) overlooking the pool.

The quality, combined with the warm service we received from Jeff and others, makes us look forward to our next stay at the Domain Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mkgadgetman
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the past couple of months. Each time, the front desk staff is always very pleasant and helpful. They make sure to review the ammenities with me and ask if I need help taking my luggage to my room. The rooms are very clean, updated and trendy. I go here as a way to treat myself to a zen/spa-feeling hotel. I live locally but when I need to escape the hustle and bustle of Silicon Valley, this is my favorite haunt.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We loved the tranquil ambience of the Domain Hotel, Sunnyvale. The rooms were elegant and very clean, and the breakfast was delicious. We were at Sunnyvale to visit family, and after a busy day it was so nice to come back to this peaceful hotel, enjoy the pool, and feel pampered and special. thanks!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Frances G
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had a lot of fun staying there! Special thanks to Alex the driver, Jeff the bartender and Kevin at the front desk! Really awesome people! Also really enjoyed the design of the room, very refreshing. Overall, I had a pleasent experience and would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed a total of 5 nights with our kids. Hotel is very quiet, clean and comfortable. Usually I have trouble sleeping in hotels due to noise, but this place is great did not hear a thing all night. Beds and sheets are super comfy and room is well designed. Loved the Keurig coffee maker. The Domain seems to attract mostly business people, but this is the 3rd time we are staying here and our kids love it. The pool area is very quiet with comfy loungers and nice shade. A great place to bring the kids as long as your kids are not the type to run wild.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alison R
San Jose, California
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The staff is pleasant! The space is very welcoming, open and inviting. Everybody seems to really care and want to be there. I felt like I was visiting old friends! the restaurant selections in the area are a bit overwhelming! But, I asked the FD and they pointed me out to a few great places.

Room Tip: I would suggest booking a Deluxe room or Superior room!! These rooms are spacious and have the most...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
#4 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Cupertino Inn
Cupertino Inn
#1 of 6 in Cupertino

Been to The Domain Hotel? Share your experiences!