““Delightful experience”” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Bengaluru, India
““Delightful experience””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here for more than 20 days(still staying). This is my second visit to Sunnyvale and I chose to stay at “The Domain” again for some obvious reasons :). I really like the way visitors are treated here. Front desk staffs are very pleasant and helpful. I especially like Alex (Driver) who takes me to the office everyday. He’s quite friendly and a happy guy. It’s just fun talking to him and going to office. He has so many stories to tell, that you’ll never get bored. Will surely come and stay here again…
The housekeeping service is also really nice. They make your room decked up like a fancy hotel with everything arranged at their places.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have been to The Domain over many years now. While initially I used to make jokes with my colleagues about how "basic" the place is, overtime I it has really grown on me and I would recommend it.

Why? Pricing wise competes quite well the others in the same category. It may be simple but rooms are generally spacious and clean. Staff has been very helpful and accommodating. On this last trip they allowed me to move rooms with no fuss.

Internet is included and reliable. I did not always have breakfast there but it is quite good. Location is quite convenient and next door to one of my favourite restaurants, the Fish Market.

Room Tip: This is an important point. I make a point of making sure I go to the "Superior" rooms fac...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I had a date night at this place and came away knowing that we'd be back. The entire staff was very friendly and accommodating.

One who stood out in particular was Jeff, serving as wine steward, pouring some nice wines during the Domain's complimentary happy hour. Jeff went out of his way to make it a special time for us, bringing a fruit and cheese plate, as well as fetching the chef from the kitchen just to introduce us. He too, was very gracious and friendly.

This place is a gem amongst a slew of lower quality hotels along El Camino Rea. It's got a great boutique feel to its decor. The Domain Suite (room 301) we stayed in, was affordable, has a jetted tub and a full length balcony (spanning the two rooms of the suite) overlooking the pool.

The quality, combined with the warm service we received from Jeff and others, makes us look forward to our next stay at the Domain Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mkgadgetman
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the past couple of months. Each time, the front desk staff is always very pleasant and helpful. They make sure to review the ammenities with me and ask if I need help taking my luggage to my room. The rooms are very clean, updated and trendy. I go here as a way to treat myself to a zen/spa-feeling hotel. I live locally but when I need to escape the hustle and bustle of Silicon Valley, this is my favorite haunt.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We loved the tranquil ambience of the Domain Hotel, Sunnyvale. The rooms were elegant and very clean, and the breakfast was delicious. We were at Sunnyvale to visit family, and after a busy day it was so nice to come back to this peaceful hotel, enjoy the pool, and feel pampered and special. thanks!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Frances G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had a lot of fun staying there! Special thanks to Alex the driver, Jeff the bartender and Kevin at the front desk! Really awesome people! Also really enjoyed the design of the room, very refreshing. Overall, I had a pleasent experience and would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed a total of 5 nights with our kids. Hotel is very quiet, clean and comfortable. Usually I have trouble sleeping in hotels due to noise, but this place is great did not hear a thing all night. Beds and sheets are super comfy and room is well designed. Loved the Keurig coffee maker. The Domain seems to attract mostly business people, but this is the 3rd time we are staying here and our kids love it. The pool area is very quiet with comfy loungers and nice shade. A great place to bring the kids as long as your kids are not the type to run wild.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alison R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Cupertino Inn
Cupertino Inn
#1 of 5 in Cupertino
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale

Been to The Domain Hotel? Share your experiences!