“Best Bang for the Buck in San Jose area!”
Review of The Domain Hotel

The Domain Hotel
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 January 2010

I often travel for work and find myself at many different hotels across the country. While I am a creature of habit and do enjoy the big corporate hotels for their consistent style and coverage, the little guy on the block, Domain Hotel in Sunnyvale, CA, is a breath of fresh air.

From their staff who do an incredible job of remembering names and accommodating my every request to the ample and delicious breakfast in the morning, this hotel has a new look on how to take care of its customers. I love the way the hotel was creatively re-designed, taking a dated older hotel and converting it to something exciting. I also enjoyed the selection of shampoo and conditioner for the room, a type not shared by any other hotel I have used. Great care goes into these selections to allow you to start your day off anew and energized. The sleep number comfort beds are a treat and always comfortable. The LCD televisions and great space for work (desk, lighting, power outlet availability) all add to a very usable room for work and for pleasure. The decor is unique and fun!

I have been there at least a half a dozen times and have been happy every time. I do recommend this place and hope to try out others in the bay area as time permits.

Reviewed 19 January 2010

This is my 2nd time to stay at the Domain hotel and I was very pleased. After working a long day it is nice to go back to the Domain and relax in my room. The rooms are inviting and cozy. One of the best perks with staying at a "Joie de Vivre Hotel" is if you are a a member of their club you are giving a free bottle of wine. The staff there is very friendly and I never have to wait to check -in. Domain will be my first choice when I travel to Sunnyvale.

Reviewed 16 January 2010

Me and my Girlfriend stayed here and it was worth every penny! The room was great (Executive Suite) and the price made it even more worth it. We will absolutely go back when we get a chance!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2010

I stay very frequently at this property. The service is always top notch. The location, amenities, and comfort of this hotel make it the best choice for me and I highly recommend to others.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2010

We came on Xmas Day and the clerk was helpful in getting us settled in for a long winter's nap. Not too many places open for dinner, but there were a few Asian places open that did the trick. The cafe wasn't open during our 3 day stay which made for an awkward breakfast buffet served on the hotel front counter, but I was assured by management that this has changed since our stay when I mentioned it on my feedback form. Do try to get a room with a window to the outside, as I could see how the light from the interior courtyard could be an issue if you had one of the interior rooms.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2010

GREAT place, location, staff. Loved the room and the pool was heated in JAN . The hot tub was hot but DID NOT bubble (??). Room was beautiful and I am a travel coordinator and I travel a lot and I can say the beds we slept on were the finest and I slept like a Princess.....NOW I am going to try the Avatar in Santa Clara....Unique and wonderful.

Reviewed 6 January 2010

My husband and I took a suite at the Domain Hotel for New Year's for 2 nights. This place exceeded our expectations by a mile! We were able to book a 3-room suite (I'm including the large bathroom) on the 3rd/top floor in a quiet corner of the building. The suite had 2 balconies with sliding glass doors, 2 HDTVs -- one in the bedroom, one in the sitting room -- a King bed that was wonderfully comfortable, a big bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, a mini-fridge, and nice furnishings all around. It was clean, quiet, and had every convenience. The complementary breakfast in the Bytes Cafe downstairs was decent with good coffee, pastries, fruit, and cereals. We were blown away by the dollar value for this wonderful experience! We'll return for sure.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple